Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2022, 11:48:58 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 26, 2022, 11:31:46 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2022, 11:10:35 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 26, 2022, 11:05:09 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 26, 2022, 10:48:22 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 26, 2022, 10:24:41 AM
Just catching up on Colum Eastwood's interview on yesterdays Talkback. General gist of the one interaction where Colum brought up the subject of their recent most election performance, then regretted doing so and accused to host of being the one who brought up the subject:

Colum: If you look at the last election, people voted for us in huge numbers
William: When was that?
Colum: It was...it was 2019 in the General Election.
William: In the local election in 2019 the SDLP got the lowest number of votes in the party's history and you lost seats?
Colum: Well we....we..eh...we did well. Then in the general election we got a huge result
William: But in the general election, other partties stood aside to help you in a number of constituencies. Would you not accept that you got a bit of help? Then you had the EU elections, and you finished in fourth, you're not doing well as a party are you?
Colum: Do you want to talk about previous elections or do you want to talk about the one we're about to have?

::)

Isn't that the election SF had the whatsapp group going around asking people to vote Alliance to keep SDLP out.

I have no idea. Hard to comment, or indeed verify, unsubstantiated claims like that. I do know it's the election Colum was referring to when he just tried to pretend that others standing aside to aid them in certain constituencies had absolutely nothing to do with their increase in votes. I also know that in yesterday's interview, Colum refused to encourage SDLP voters to transfer to SF, but had no problem telling how he personally transferred to the UUP last time.

Yeah whats "

lol so you're backtracking on the relevance of your whatsapp tale. Well that didn't take long!!

Not at all, I am saying Shinners were at this shit last election-FACT!!!! It was embarrassing tbh. Take your oil

Well sure if you say so, it must be true. You're as impartial as they come. And sure if it's "good for the goose..." for Colum to not advise transferring to SF, then you are backtracking? If not, then what are you crying about?

Mourne Red

I've been dipping in and out of this.. But jeez Fear you've an awful obsession with Sinn Fein lol.. Who hurt you?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Mourne Red on April 26, 2022, 12:30:34 PM
I've been dipping in and out of this.. But jeez Fear you've an awful obsession with Sinn Fein lol.. Who hurt you?

Crooks, and I hate crooks, Im an ordinary man, nothing special nothing grand

Truth hurts

Patrick Bown could poll well in South Down. But I still think it will be 2 sf, 2 sdlp and Harold McKee could get the Unionist vote..

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 26, 2022, 01:51:24 PM
Patrick Bown could poll well in South Down. But I still think it will be 2 sf, 2 sdlp and Harold McKee could get the Unionist vote..

DUP shipping in the heavyweights to get behind yer one Forsythe after the lastest defections to the TUV down there, Arlene is wheeled out.

She must really despise Jim Wells.

That's one thing I agree with Arlene on then.

marty34

Be interesting to see the DUP after the election, if they have a rough enough time.

Still the old factions battling away behind the scenes.  Once the election is over, it'll be interesting I think.

red hander

Quote from: johnnycool on April 26, 2022, 04:53:24 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on April 26, 2022, 01:51:24 PM

DUP shipping in the heavyweights to get behind yer one Forsythe after the lastest defections to the TUV down there, Arlene is wheeled out.

She must really despise Jim Wells.

She had plenty of opportunities to cut him off at the knees when leader but didn't. She is full of shit.

That's one thing I agree with Arlene on then.

She had plenty of opportunities to cut him off at the knees when leader, but didn't. She's full of shit.

seafoid

The DUP are going to lose their crown. I can't see the Brits tolerating a shutdown of Stormont because of a democratic result.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2022, 08:31:28 PM
The DUP are going to lose their crown. I can't see the Brits tolerating a shutdown of Stormont because of a democratic result.

it's not a democratic vote, that's the whole point

the sick counties never has been and never will be a democracy

imtommygunn

Quote from: seafoid on April 26, 2022, 08:31:28 PM

There is no guarantee on this at all. The hope would be they move down the pecking order to number three but that is highly unlikely. They could still retain number one - I don't think they will but it wouldn't be a shock if they did.

Eire90

the tories can get away with ditching protocol what are sinn fein going to do and dissident republicans wont probably do anything either and if they did the tories will use them as an excuse to create a new bogey  man to rile up right wingers.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Eire90 on April 27, 2022, 02:08:57 AM
the tories can get away with ditching protocol what are sinn fein going to do and dissident republicans wont probably do anything either and if they did the tories will use them as an excuse to create a new bogey  man to rile up right wingers.
Have you been fraped by Olly?
Careful now

johnnycool

Quote from: Eire90 on April 27, 2022, 02:08:57 AM

There's a sympathetic ear currently in Washington, the Brits would not only have to contend with a counter attack from the EU but a trade deal with the US kicked into the very long grass.

Boris is running out of road and is desperate to do anything to curry favour before the Tory's take a huge thumping in the local elections the same day as the Assembly elections here. That'll be enough to scare a lot of Tory MP's into handing in letters to their 1922 committee as they can't face going into a General Election with Boris at the helm.

I'm not even sure many in GB give a flying fudge for the NI Protocol, let alone here, all bluster IMO but he's a desperate man and nothing is beneath him.

imtommygunn

Johnson is using it as a stick to beat the EU with. He couldn't care less - it is just a means to try and further "negotiations" if you could call them that. His games IMO have given the likes of that LCC a voice and who knows where that will end.

Sportacus

Jeffrey telling BBC The View that he didn't pull down the Executive.  Right, ok then.