6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 22, 2022, 02:18:36 AM
But what do you expect, out of the no of people called at my door, am more qualified than them work wise by a country Mile, so if we gona vote then in, can we expect no less than. A place run like a mess. How no one addressed the f**k up set up of the doctors current call at 8:30 for a appointment is a joke. Been trying to get a appointment from middle of last week, always booked out and u can't book for a date later in the week. My pet cat gets better f**king care at the vets. And the dentists are seeing people so Doctors have no Excuse.

Just a thought but might resourcing not be an issue? A dentist can just refuse to take on a NHS patient and stick to their private customers. You wouldn't want GPS to go that route would you?

How about asking your candidates what they would do for healthcare provision across NI as opposed to just their own area. We could have a much better Heath system for the same money if was truly organised across NI and local squabbles were parked. Not to say we don't also need more money/resources.

Feckitt

A potential shock is on the cards in Newry and Armagh, Lots of people that I have spoken to are going to vote for Independent candidate Gavin Malone.  A lot of people are writing him off saying that he won't get any votes outside of Newry.  He doesn't actually need that many votes outside of Newry,  he just needs more first preferences than Newry SF candidate Liz Kimmins.  If he can stay above Kimmins, then he will almost certainly be elected,  If she is eliminated her transfers will be from Newry people which should boost Malone above Alliance and the UUP for the final seat.   If he doesn't stay above Kimmins then he's out.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Eire90 on April 22, 2022, 09:25:22 AM
if he is running as independent but has very strong connections to the irsp does that means hes an irsp proxy did he drop the drop the irsp from his campaign to get more votes from moderates maybe.

Not sure IF he became a MLA but his work as a Councillor has been very broad and fixing the general items on the ground. People in Strabane (like me) have massive issues with D and S council and their treatment of Strabane as a whole.
He has gone in and asked awkward questions of council and not towed the line as he has no party loyalty.

For example Strabane pays the highest rates in the north, we've no public park, roads are rubbish and services in general are s***e.

https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/articles/poundages-2021-2022

His manifesto is broadly similar to what he is doing at council.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Armagh18

Quote from: Feckitt on April 22, 2022, 09:31:47 AM
A potential shock is on the cards in Newry and Armagh, Lots of people that I have spoken to are going to vote for Independent candidate Gavin Malone.  A lot of people are writing him off saying that he won't get any votes outside of Newry.  He doesn't actually need that many votes outside of Newry,  he just needs more first preferences than Newry SF candidate Liz Kimmins.  If he can stay above Kimmins, then he will almost certainly be elected,  If she is eliminated her transfers will be from Newry people which should boost Malone above Alliance and the UUP for the final seat.   If he doesn't stay above Kimmins then he's out.
Yeah I said he could do damage round Newry, very popular in the town.

Harold Disgracey

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 22, 2022, 10:03:10 AM

There is a very real danger of Malone splitting the vote and handing a second seat to unionists. How popular would he be if this happens?

Armagh18

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on April 22, 2022, 11:40:52 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 22, 2022, 10:03:10 AM

There is a very real danger of Malone splitting the vote and handing a second seat to unionists. How popular would he be if this happens?
Can't see it. It'll be Irwin, Boylann, Murphy, McNulty then either Kimmins or Malone.

Sportacus

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 22, 2022, 08:33:04 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on April 21, 2022, 11:06:17 PM
Another scandal, this time with DAERA vets and once again no accountability.  I've said it many times, Stormont are a bunch of amateurs.
whats this one?
Whistleblower vet called out the system for not recording animal movements, but she was ignored and harassed.  Tribunal found in her favour but her boss was nevertheless promoted to deputy chief vet, and the chief vet was found to have given evidence which was not candid. Just like RHI, civil servants getting promoted no matter how incompetent.  Sam McBride asking all the right questions again.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: smelmoth on April 22, 2022, 09:25:35 AM
But what do you expect, out of the no of people called at my door, am more qualified than them work wise by a country Mile, so if we gona vote then in, can we expect no less than. A place run like a mess. How no one addressed the f**k up set up of the doctors current call at 8:30 for a appointment is a joke. Been trying to get a appointment from middle of last week, always booked out and u can't book for a date later in the week. My pet cat gets better f**king care at the vets. And the dentists are seeing people so Doctors have no Excuse.

Just a thought but might resourcing not be an issue? A dentist can just refuse to take on a NHS patient and stick to their private customers. You wouldn't want GPS to go that route would you?

How about asking your candidates what they would do for healthcare provision across NI as opposed to just their own area. We could have a much better Heath system for the same money if was truly organised across NI and local squabbles were parked. Not to say we don't also need more money/resources.

yes, you should pay for healthcare if you can afford it  ::)

unless you value money over your health that is

neverneverland will just vote the same puppets regardless

RedHand88

Doctors are seeing people too. What makes you think that they aren't?

Wildweasel74

Cause I haven't been fit to get a appointment in 2 weeks and still to get one, it's a total shit show. Ring every morning, booked out. They no excuse for keeping with the current set up.

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 24, 2022, 01:49:30 AM
Cause I haven't been fit to get a appointment in 2 weeks and still to get one, it's a total shit show. Ring every morning, booked out. They no excuse for keeping with the current set up.

Do you ever think it's booked out with people who are seeing the doctor?

Armagh18

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 24, 2022, 08:23:58 AM

Still nowhere near good enough is it? Which is the whole point.

RedHand88

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2022, 10:27:53 AM

What's the answer? Doctors are dealing with more people now in a day than before covid. A typical day is 15 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon, plus maybe 4 or 5 face to face late on. Before covid it was 12 and 12, than that was it.

Excessive waiting lists in hospitals has put an unprecedented amount of demand on primary care and they are doing the best they physically can, regardless of what Stephen Nolan says.

nrico2006

Dentists have been getting it handy throughout the pandemic, don't think my place is even taking regular check-ups now.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

trueblue1234

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 24, 2022, 11:57:06 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 24, 2022, 10:27:53 AM

What's the answer? Doctors are dealing with more people now in a day than before covid. A typical day is 15 in the morning and 15 in the afternoon, plus maybe 4 or 5 face to face late on. Before covid it was 12 and 12, than that was it.

Excessive waiting lists in hospitals has put an unprecedented amount of demand on primary care and they are doing the best they physically can, regardless of what Stephen Nolan says.
My issue is priorities. Surely a better system rather than this if your a lucky caller you get an appointment. If not you try again in the morning. There should be a system where all problems are recorded and dealt with on a priority basis.
You could be calling for weeks and not get an appointment. Then someone else could call and get in on first call. That system is broke.
On an aside the swimming lessons for kids are done the same way and it's a joke of a system. Record people's interest. If they don't get in this time, then they get priority next time. Rather than the current system of continuously having to start from scratch and it's a case of being lucky. 😡
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit