6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

The TUV and DUP fail in their request to get postal ballots reopened for the Assembly Elections due to Rangers fans travelling to a game in Europe, I kid you not....

marty34

When I heard this first, I thought it was a wind up.

thewobbler

Quote from: marty34 on April 21, 2022, 10:12:45 AM
When I heard this first, I thought it was a wind up.

Their entire role in this life, when not busy trying to stomp on catholic heads, is to wind things up.

And people will always vote for this.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2022, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on April 19, 2022, 07:28:28 PM
Any Tyrone people on here know who Paul Gags Gallagher is standing in West Tyrone?.  Is he a disident republican candidate or what is the craic with him?

He comes from a prominent family in Strabane that includes both senior IRSP member Willie Gallagher as well as the Strabanimal.  He was an IRSP candidate before but started running independently a few years ago.  Seems to get things done for people in the area and is well respected.

He is a councilor in Strabane and Derry and has shook things up a bit. He's definitely getting a lot of support on the ground. Sinn Fein reckon he'll do them no harm. I think he'll take some first pref votes but the transfers will go to SF.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

LeoMc

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2022, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on April 19, 2022, 07:28:28 PM
Any Tyrone people on here know who Paul Gags Gallagher is standing in West Tyrone?.  Is he a disident republican candidate or what is the craic with him?

He comes from a prominent family in Strabane that includes both senior IRSP member Willie Gallagher as well as the Strabanimal.  He was an IRSP candidate before but started running independently a few years ago.  Seems to get things done for people in the area and is well respected.

Who or what is the Strabanimal?

smelmoth

Saw a group of cultural attachés out collecting pallets for the bonfire today. Is it a bit early for that or are some post election events already in the planning?

imtommygunn

I thought it was never too early...

Though there may be some MON effigies if SF get top party...

Eire90

so does it look like johnson is going to install a hardborder in ireland to bring in chaos to distract people

Sportacus

Another scandal, this time with DAERA vets and once again no accountability.  I've said it many times, Stormont are a bunch of amateurs.

Wildweasel74

But what do you expect, out of the no of people called at my door, am more qualified than them work wise by a country Mile, so if we gona vote then in, can we expect no less than. A place run like a mess. How no one addressed the f**k up set up of the doctors current call at 8:30 for a appointment is a joke. Been trying to get a appointment from middle of last week, always booked out and u can't book for a date later in the week. My pet cat gets better f**king care at the vets. And the dentists are seeing people so Doctors have no Excuse.

imtommygunn

The gp situation is much worse in Scotland than it is here. I don't think the gp thing is specific to here.

Armagh18

Quote from: Sportacus on April 21, 2022, 11:06:17 PM
Another scandal, this time with DAERA vets and once again no accountability.  I've said it many times, Stormont are a bunch of amateurs.
whats this one?

haranguerer

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 22, 2022, 02:18:36 AM
But what do you expect, out of the no of people called at my door, am more qualified than them work wise by a country Mile, so if we gona vote then in, can we expect no less than. A place run like a mess. How no one addressed the f**k up set up of the doctors current call at 8:30 for a appointment is a joke. Been trying to get a appointment from middle of last week, always booked out and u can't book for a date later in the week. My pet cat gets better f**king care at the vets. And the dentists are seeing people so Doctors have no Excuse.

Why don't you run?

Eire90

if he is running as independent but has very strong connections to the irsp does that means hes an irsp proxy did he drop  the irsp from his campaign to get more votes from moderates maybe.