6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 16, 2022, 09:06:24 PM
I think desouza is nationalist.

Not sure Mccloskey should count as nationalist...

She was in sinn Féin a lifetime so we would have to assume safely enough she is nationalist

Wildweasel74

Quigley be very Good in East Derry, was in SDLP, so not sure what happened there.

Eire90

RedHand88

Quote from: trailer on April 16, 2022, 10:00:23 PM

What is she standing for? What issues? Does anyone know?

Distressed sheep according to her pinned tweet.  :o

Saffrongael

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 17, 2022, 09:54:24 AM

She seems very self important
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Armagh18

Quote from: Feckitt on April 16, 2022, 09:45:35 PM
I haven't counted Gavin Malone because he isn't standing as a Nationalist candidate.  He standing on a 'Man of the people's 'Save the Hospital ' 'Build the Park ticket. I've never heard him mention constitutional or identity issues.
McCloskey on the other hand was until very receive deputy leader of Aontú
He'd definitely be a nationalist, he'll get a lot of the hardline republican vote around Newry. Seems a decent fella too in fairness

Mourne Red

Quote from: Eire90 on April 17, 2022, 09:27:09 AM
will eastwood be gone if sdlp do bad.

Should have been gone long ago.. Clean useless, used the mother and baby homes enquiry findings down south as reason to attack Sinn Fein over stuff in the North, classless person.

Sooner Claire Hannah gets made leader the better, be a party worth voting for again

imtommygunn

Fully agree with this. Hanna Mallon and O'Toole are very good. Eastwood useless. SF this and SF that - they will go nowhere with him.

marty34

Hard to know if independents will make any impact apart from Sugden and Easton?

Any others?

But could take votes away from the maon parties to make a difference in them not getting the fifth seat.

drillsergeant

Quote from: marty34 on April 17, 2022, 11:53:28 AM
Hard to know if independents will make any impact apart from Sugden and Easton?

Any others?

But could take votes away from the maon parties to make a difference in them not getting the fifth seat.

A lot of momentum behind the Easton campaign in North Down, But would he return to the DUP if they ended on equal seats with SF?

LeoMc

Backhouse in FST seems to have mainly Nationalist subscribers on the EONI website. https://www.eoni.org.uk/getmedia/ff10dbab-957d-458c-b8cf-f836a1b270ac/Statement-of-Person-Nominated-Fermanagh-and-South-Tyrone
However from his Twitter feed @backhouse_derek he is an anti-mask pro-Trump South African preacher who thinks the war in Ukraine is faked as Zelensky once appeared on a show on Netflix and who doesn't understand percentages. He is shocked that more people who are vaccinated have died than unvaccinated despite there being more people vaccinated.

LeoMc

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 17, 2022, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 17, 2022, 09:54:24 AM

She seems very self important
I just looked at her website. She seems to be very pro good things and anti bad things in a nice woolly cost free way.

Feckitt

Any Tyrone people on here know who Paul Gags Gallagher is standing in West Tyrone?.  Is he a disident republican candidate or what is the craic with him?

nrico2006

Quote from: Feckitt on April 19, 2022, 07:28:28 PM
Any Tyrone people on here know who Paul Gags Gallagher is standing in West Tyrone?.  Is he a disident republican candidate or what is the craic with him?

He comes from a prominent family in Strabane that includes both senior IRSP member Willie Gallagher as well as the Strabanimal.  He was an IRSP candidate before but started running independently a few years ago.  Seems to get things done for people in the area and is well respected.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

sensethetone

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 19, 2022, 07:45:19 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on April 19, 2022, 07:28:28 PM

He comes from a prominent family in Strabane that includes both senior IRSP member Willie Gallagher as well as the Strabanimal.  He was an IRSP candidate before but started running independently a few years ago.  Seems to get things done for people in the area and is well respected.

Think he's trying to save Greencastle from the gold mine as part of his campaign.