Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2022, 04:52:44 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 14, 2022, 02:49:35 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 14, 2022, 02:39:33 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on April 14, 2022, 01:24:03 PM
Quote from: Eire90 on April 14, 2022, 12:46:40 PM
is being vaccine zealot going to come back to haunt eastwood

Don't think so, we'll not much, vast majority understand the need for vaccines. The ones who don't can find a like minded individual in Anne McCloskey, she'll poll 3k approx = the number of folk (small but very vocal) she took down her particular rabbit hole

You reckon she'll get 3000 votes?

Prob not, 3k upwards is the number of followers she has on social media, depending on what percentage continue to follow her and vote. Though I think it's all about Ukraine and climate change these days with McCloskey and Co

There are people who will follow her to see the bonkers shit she comes out with. Voting would be a fraction of that I imagine.

Hopefully Tommy

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Don't think so, we'll not much, vast majority understand the need for vaccines. The ones who don't can find a like minded individual in Anne McCloskey, she'll poll 3k approx = the number of folk (small but very vocal) she took down her particular rabbit hole

Jog2 she had not come out as anti vax or at least I dont think as openly when she last stood, people did not vote for her on that basis. AontĂș will hopefully keep some votes away from her but she might pick up others elsewhere.

She has a very big on the ground following in Shantallow through her years working out of Shanty Clinic

Eire90

Prob not, 3k upwards is the number of followers she has on social media, depending on what percentage continue to follow her and vote. Though I think it's all about Ukraine and climate change these days with McCloskey and Co

so is  she now a war expert i think the man from strabane is going about claming to a war expert aswell

imtommygunn

Quote from: JoG2 on April 14, 2022, 05:26:17 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2022, 04:52:44 PM

There are people who will follow her to see the bonkers shit she comes out with. Voting would be a fraction of that I imagine.

Hopefully Tommy

I follow George Galloway for an alternative version of reality to see what different people think. I would guess many would do the same here.

Eire90

i think some people follow people they dont like like some labour voters probably follow boris johnson.

Eire90

i wonder if mccloskey   will scream election was rigged if they lose those types seem to do it a lot look what happen with trump there is already people in ireland saying election will be rigged against le pen.

Sportacus

I'd like to vote for the next candidate I hear do an interview who says "yeah, that's a fair point, I think we got that wrong".  But it just never happens, maybe Doug Beattie the exception. 

knockitdown

Jim Wells is some clown, walking about rathfriland with a ladder at half 8 on a Friday nite putting up TUV posters. Anything to keep a woman out of a job

Feckitt

There are quite a lot of independent candidates in this election, and I was trying to work out which are Independent Unionist, Independent Nationalist or others.  I obviously don't have local knowledge of every area, so if anyone can shed more light, please do

Independent Nationalists
Mid Ulster - Conor Rafferty.
Foyle   - Anne McCloskey.
West Tyrone - Paul Gallagher.

Independent Unionists
North Antrim - Laird Shingleton
North Down - Alex Easton
North Down - Ray McKimm
Lagan Valley - Gary Hynds
East Derry   - Claire Sugden
Upper Bann - Glenn Beattie

Others
North Belfast - Stafford Ward
South Belfast- Elly Odhiambo
West Belfast - Gerard Burns
West Belfast - Declan Hill
West Belfast - Tony Mallon
Mid Ulster - Patrick Haughey
South Antrim - Andrew Moran
North Down - Chris Carter
South Down - Patrick Clarke
FST - Derek Blackhouse
FST - Emma DeSouza
East Derry - Niall Murphy
East Derry - Stephanie Quigley
East Derry   - Billy Stewart
Newry & Armagh - Gavin Malone
Strangford   - Ben King
West Tyrone - Barry Brown

imtommygunn

I think desouza is nationalist.

Not sure Mccloskey should count as nationalist...

pbat

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: pbat on April 16, 2022, 09:21:29 PM
Gavin Malone a Nationalist from Newry.

Topped the poll in Newry in the last local government elections, outpolling the combined vote of the two SDLP candidates and will poll heavily again in Newry. Will be a nuisance to both SF and SDLP, but unlikely to have sufficient votes in the rest of the constituency to be elected.

Feckitt

I haven't counted Gavin Malone because he isn't standing as a Nationalist candidate.  He standing on a 'Man of the people's 'Save the Hospital ' 'Build the Park ticket. I've never heard him mention constitutional or identity issues.
McCloskey on the other hand was until very receive deputy leader of AontĂș

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 16, 2022, 09:06:24 PM
I think desouza is nationalist.

Not sure Mccloskey should count as nationalist...

What is she standing for? What issues? Does anyone know?