6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I just saw a TUV election leaflet. Aside from the SF stuff the two tier policing stuff is laughable. Did he watch what were basically paramilitaries march through newtownards road being watched by the cops on the newtownards road and then watch how a couple of families tried to commemorate their dead on the ormeau road on the anniversary of the sean graham shooting and get arrested? That's not to mention constant threats by loyalist paramilitaries and then very suspicious circumstances around the likes of that poor wee fella Donohue. You couldn't make it up.

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Ghost on April 14, 2022, 08:14:16 AM
Do any of the other parties seem to be having as much trouble with election posters as the SDLP? The cynic in me nearly thinks they're doing it deliberately to gain sympathy from voters.
The old double bluff!!  On a similar vein, it's interesting that there hasn't been a single act of vandalism carried out at the Kingsmill Monument since the late Willie Frazer passed away
Careful now

Armagh18

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 14, 2022, 09:26:51 AM
Do any of the other parties seem to be having as much trouble with election posters as the SDLP? The cynic in me nearly thinks they're doing it deliberately to gain sympathy from voters.
The old double bluff!!  On a similar vein, it's interesting that there hasn't been a single act of vandalism carried out at the Kingsmill Monument since the late Willie Frazer passed away
95% chance that anything done to that was Willie and his mates. Know someone who more or less caught him red handed defacing a different memorial to an IRA victim many years ago

imtommygunn

Jesus imagine that boy was about at the minute.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2022, 09:36:35 AM
Jesus imagine that boy was about at the minute.

I miss him and LAD, he never failed to give them plenty of material

imtommygunn

LAD have cleared out to dublin. Death threats etc galore.

Eire90

is being vaccine zealot going to come back to haunt eastwood

trailer

Doug Beattie had a noose put round his neck on a stolen poster but yeah its an SDLP thing they're making up.

What a f**king take.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Eire90 on April 14, 2022, 12:46:40 PM

I think their stance on nhs workers having to get the vaccine or else they lose their jobs may detrimentally impact sdlp tbh.

JoG2

Don't think so, we'll not much, vast majority understand the need for vaccines. The ones who don't can find a like minded individual in Anne McCloskey, she'll poll 3k approx = the number of folk (small but very vocal) she took down her particular rabbit hole

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Saffrongael on April 14, 2022, 09:15:01 AM
Saw quite a few Alliance reports and then with the obligatory "it is an attack on democracy but will not deter us......" etc etc

Probably depends how active they are on social media

the north is not a democracy so all this is hardly a surprise  ::)

marty34

Quote from: JoG2 on April 14, 2022, 01:24:03 PM

Don't think so, we'll not much, vast majority understand the need for vaccines. The ones who don't can find a like minded individual in Anne McCloskey, she'll poll 3k approx = the number of folk (small but very vocal) she took down her particular rabbit hole

You reckon she'll get 3000 votes?

JoG2

Quote from: marty34 on April 14, 2022, 02:39:33 PM

Prob not, 3k upwards is the number of followers she has on social media, depending on what percentage continue to follow her and vote. Though I think it's all about Ukraine and climate change these days with McCloskey and Co

Feckitt

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on April 14, 2022, 09:26:51 AM
The original Kingsmills memorial, was there for over 30 years, and was never vandalized once, not once.  When Willie and his mates were plastering the new one, they took a 30 minute lunch break and when they came back there was IRA scratched into the plaster!!  Did they plaster over it? Did they f**k, they rang every newsagency in the North who descended in their droves.  He even went over to Bessbrook and brought over the poor elderly wife of one of the victims to show her in his words, "What the people of Whitecross thought of innocent victims'
The SDLP when asked about it, couldn't state the obvious that Willie done it himself because they would have been roasted by the media for victim blaming.  SF for obvious reasons couldn't comment on it either.  But of all the shit that Willie got up to , this was one low act that was amongst the worst of his career.  Anyway f**k him, he's dead.

imtommygunn

Quote from: JoG2 on April 14, 2022, 02:49:35 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 14, 2022, 02:39:33 PM

Prob not, 3k upwards is the number of followers she has on social media, depending on what percentage continue to follow her and vote. Though I think it's all about Ukraine and climate change these days with McCloskey and Co

There are people who will follow her to see the bonkers shit she comes out with. Voting would be a fraction of that I imagine.