6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/mary-lou-now-a-bigger-problem-for-unionism-than-mcguinness-and-adams-1.4761968

unionists cannot rely on helpful circumstances and benign outcomes. They have been caught on the hop far too often since 2016. They need to be prepared for every outcome and have thought-through strategies for every eventuality.unionists cannot rely on helpful circumstances and benign outcomes. They have been caught on the hop far too often since 2016. They need to be prepared for every outcome and have thought-through strategies for every eventuality.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

red hander

The bastards have been broken with equality.

marty34

Quote from: seafoid on April 13, 2022, 04:21:18 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/mary-lou-now-a-bigger-problem-for-unionism-than-mcguinness-and-adams-1.4761968

unionists cannot rely on helpful circumstances and benign outcomes. They have been caught on the hop far too often since 2016. They need to be prepared for every outcome and have thought-through strategies for every eventuality.unionists cannot rely on helpful circumstances and benign outcomes. They have been caught on the hop far too often since 2016. They need to be prepared for every outcome and have thought-through strategies for every eventuality.

I think it was Jim Molyneaux who stated after the ceasefire that it was the worst thing to happen to unionism.

He understood that they had no more excuses and equaliry would be a problem.

Re: fm and dfm, it rings true about not accepting nationalists  as equal.

seafoid

Quote from: red hander on April 13, 2022, 05:40:34 PM
And emigration. All the best ones left. There is a very high gobshite quotient amongst the ones remaining.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

armaghniac

Quote from: seafoid on April 13, 2022, 06:19:04 PM
And emigration. All the best ones left. There is a very high gobshite quotient amongst the ones remaining.

Sounds like the West of Ireland.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

yellowcard

Quote from: seafoid on April 13, 2022, 06:19:04 PM
Quote from: red hander on April 13, 2022, 05:40:34 PM

I think this is undoubtedly true. There has been a massive brain drain within political unionism over the last few decades as most of their sharpest minds are all near retirement age. Whether you like them or not Allister, Dodds, Robinson and Foster were probably 4 of their smartest operators politically.

The Union itself will come under jeopardy over the course of the next generation and there is no incentive for young Protestants to enter political life when you see the treatment doled out to their politicians by loyalists. Beattie stood up to it and has been vilified whilst Donaldson is playing along with it but is a lame duck. This vacuum in unionist leadership has been filled by dimwits like Bryson and Holmes who will take unionism further into the gutter.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Truth hurts on April 12, 2022, 10:14:11 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 12, 2022, 06:29:50 AM
Time to ban election posters. Waste of money and sick looking at the f**ckers

SF take the piss with them. I counted 22 in Hilltown village at the weekend.

Jim Wells has left the DUP

Agree with the posters, was driving with the missus into Enniskillen and SF had posters up on every lamp-post. Must be 10 of Jemma Dolan for half a mile.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Ghost

Do any of the other parties seem to be having as much trouble with election posters as the SDLP? The cynic in me nearly thinks they're doing it deliberately to gain sympathy from voters.

JoG2

Quote from: Ghost on April 14, 2022, 08:14:16 AM
Do any of the other parties seem to be having as much trouble with election posters as the SDLP? The cynic in me nearly thinks they're doing it deliberately to gain sympathy from voters.

Absolutely zero issue with the SDLP posters in the North West  ;)

imtommygunn

I doubt that one in ormeau park was staged but it is odd they seem to be targeted more than SF. Tbh what I think is possible is that they are just the only ones highlighting it. I am sure it goes on for plenty of parties.

Saffrongael

I don't know too many people that would change who they are voting for because a party had their posters taken down. Posters are a waste of time now with the various social media channels out there
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Absolutely. I dunno who would change a vote based on a poster.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 14, 2022, 08:34:28 AM

I doubt that one in ormeau park was staged but it is odd they seem to be targeted more than SF. Tbh what I think is possible is that they are just the only ones highlighting it. I am sure it goes on for plenty of parties.
It happens to all parties, I know for a fact that majority of SF posters around Armagh City were ripped down and have seen DUP ones half ripped from lamp posts in a few other places.

Saffrongael

Saw quite a few Alliance reports and then with the obligatory "it is an attack on democracy but will not deter us......" etc etc

Probably depends how active they are on social media
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come