6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

It's getting more like a parody comedy every day that passes!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

imtommygunn

Apparently Donaldson has now said if the protocol isn't removed they're not going into government. Great  >:(

Well tbh they never really were going into government anyway.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 11, 2022, 09:56:42 PM
Apparently Donaldson has now said if the protocol isn't removed they're not going into government. Great  >:(

Well tbh they never really were going into government anyway.

As with all the major decisions since he took the leadership he will do whatever he is told by his superiors.

Main Street

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 11, 2022, 12:26:30 PM
Quotesome crackpot called Rusty Thomas

Just what the mix needed!

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/pastor-rusty-thomas-anti-protocol-23654725
Perhaps a united Ireland ain't such a good idea, seeing as the current border status keeps the lunatics corralled north of the border, (apologies to any Tyronies who take offense where none was intended).

Eire90

We will probably have weeks and weeks boring talks after election

Walter Cronc

Time to ban election posters. Waste of money and sick looking at the f**ckers

Truth hurts

Quote from: Walter Cronc on April 12, 2022, 06:29:50 AM

SF take the piss with them. I counted 22 in Hilltown village at the weekend.

Jim Wells has left the DUP

Farrandeelin

Does joint rule kick in if the Assembly doesn't work? Or direct rule from London?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

marty34

Yeah, in this day and age, posters should be a thing of the past. 

Must be expensive. I'd say each poster would be £5 - £10 each?

yellowcard

Quote from: marty34 on April 12, 2022, 10:30:52 AM

Yeah, in this day and age, posters should be a thing of the past. 

Must be expensive. I'd say each poster would be £5 - £10 each?

Totally agree, such a waste of time and money not to mention the eyesore from having to look at them for weeks on end every time you stop at a junction. 

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 12, 2022, 10:18:18 AM
Does joint rule kick in if the Assembly doesn't work? Or direct rule from London?
Direct Rule I'd say but through whatever numpty gets landed with the Secretary of State punishment role.

JohnDenver

I see Arlene having a dig at Jim Wells today after his resignation and support of the TUV candidate.  Basically confirming what everybody already knew, but only when he leaves the party. There are plenty like him still in the DUP.

https://twitter.com/ArleneFosterUK/status/1513812264977113088?s=20&t=cHdklgdr9bOfgnmGe74pGA

Snapchap

Quote from: Rossfan on April 12, 2022, 10:45:29 AM
Direct Rule I'd say but through whatever numpty gets landed with the Secretary of State punishment role.
Not necessarily. Direct rule is a controversial step and isn't just automatically triggered in the event of an assembly collapse. During the last suspension, while the budget was set by Westminster, the allocation of the budget, as well as the day-to-day governance, was carried out by the civil service.

Rossfan

Presumably that same system will be brought in again till Unionism realises the GFA remains the only show in town?

trailer

Quote from: Snapchap on April 12, 2022, 12:18:27 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 12, 2022, 10:45:29 AM
Not necessarily. Direct rule is a controversial step and isn't just automatically triggered in the event of an assembly collapse. During the last suspension, while the budget was set by Westminster, the allocation of the budget, as well as the day-to-day governance, was carried out by the civil service.

The current ministers stay in situ and run the departments. Which is a completely undemocratic and provides us with shite government.
The DUP have to go in to government, they are committing the biggest act of self sabotage since Brexit if they don't.