6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 08, 2022, 06:11:35 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 07, 2022, 03:17:42 PM
SF have a real bee in their bonnet about SDLP "attacking" them, yet they do the exact same to FF and FG on an almost daily basis in the South. Another example of their hypocrisy.

As I've said elsewhere, the shinners are some of the thinnest skinned people in politics. Can't stand being attacked by their political opponents whose job it is to attack them. Good at dishing it out, not so good at taking it.

Way to miss the point. No issue with parties attacking SF. That's politics. I've merely pointed out how self-harming it is for the SDLP to base their entire political strategy on not being SF. They don't have a real identity beyond attacking SF, and that's entirely their own doing.

When the world and it's dog can see that the DUP are the problem party, the SDLP persist on pushing the "as bad as eachother" line. I honestly believe the electorate are punishing them for trying to take them for fools with that strategy, and yet they can't help themselves.

Sorry to keep labouring the point, but as Brian Feeney said, it's worth noting that SF rarely attack the SDLP. They rarely even mention them, but focus their attacks on the DUP instead. Not hard to see why that's a better strategy for winning nationalist votes. The SDLP, bizarrely, still haven't worked that out for themselves.

imtommygunn

Jeffrey and co taking stage at a protocol rally where there was a poster of doug Beattie with a noose round his neck. Classy.

Rossfan

Showing their true ugly colours alright.
How many thousands at the "rally"?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedHand88

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 09, 2022, 10:26:00 AM
Jeffrey and co taking stage at a protocol rally where there was a poster of doug Beattie with a noose round his neck. Classy.

Dougs running mate in Upper Bann was at the rally.

Unionism is hilarious.

imtommygunn

Anything that attaches itself to an individual like Bryson has absolutely lost the run of itself.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on April 09, 2022, 11:38:57 AM
Is Bryson standing for Election?
No chance. Think he stood before and got about 7 votes

Eire90

it goes beyound wanted to stay in union its about imposing right wing ideology on people they are right wingers before unionists

Eire90

who was the guy with the cowboy hat was it some guy rusty thomas

Farrandeelin

Are the two Elliots standing for different Unionist parties (UUP and TUV) in FST related?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

pbat

Quote from: Farrandeelin on April 10, 2022, 11:55:38 AM
Are the two Elliots standing for different Unionist parties (UUP and TUV) in FST related?

Cousins I believe

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Snapchap on April 08, 2022, 08:58:14 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on April 08, 2022, 06:11:35 PM
Quote from: trailer on April 07, 2022, 03:17:42 PM
SF have a real bee in their bonnet about SDLP "attacking" them, yet they do the exact same to FF and FG on an almost daily basis in the South. Another example of their hypocrisy.

As I've said elsewhere, the shinners are some of the thinnest skinned people in politics. Can't stand being attacked by their political opponents whose job it is to attack them. Good at dishing it out, not so good at taking it.

Way to miss the point. No issue with parties attacking SF. That's politics. I've merely pointed out how self-harming it is for the SDLP to base their entire political strategy on not being SF. They don't have a real identity beyond attacking SF, and that's entirely their own doing.

When the world and it's dog can see that the DUP are the problem party, the SDLP persist on pushing the "as bad as eachother" line. I honestly believe the electorate are punishing them for trying to take them for fools with that strategy, and yet they can't help themselves.

Sorry to keep labouring the point, but as Brian Feeney said, it's worth noting that SF rarely attack the SDLP. They rarely even mention them, but focus their attacks on the DUP instead. Not hard to see why that's a better strategy for winning nationalist votes. The SDLP, bizarrely, still haven't worked that out for themselves.

Why would you need to attack the party well off in polls, jesus sur work it out

marty34

I think the thing is his constant attacks are not working.  Somebody in his PR needs to point it out to him and tell him to tone it down a bit...or stop it completely.

Since Eastwood has took over, he has lost his party suppprt in percentage terms.

As I've already stated the parties, outwith the DUP, will work and do work with each other and are willing to.  The DUP is the problem. This 'they're as bad as each other' is casually threw out but the other parties do work together - maybe not to everyone's satisfaction but they try.

Saw a good few posters today. AontĂș are similar to SF and vice versa while the SDLP's are similar colour and layout etc. to PBP or vice versa.

yellowcard

There seems to be some controversy after nearly all of these anti protocol events, the latest being a picture of Beattie with a noose around his neck and some crackpot called Rusty Thomas speaking from the platform. Its almost like a boy band going on tour with Bryson, Allister and Donaldson and one other every week. Donaldson in his desperation to shore up DUP votes is losing more credibility as a serious politician with each event. But he is afraid to rock the boat in the lead up to an election so he will continue to attend these mini hate fests.   

Shamrock Shore