6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: Sportacus on April 07, 2022, 10:54:30 PM
Colm telling BBC The View that Nichola Mallon "made Casement happen".  Ok?

Horseshit.

At the hearing recently, the MORA residents who are campaigning against the building of Casement requested more time to prepare their case - ie a stalling tactic. Refused by the judge who wants the Casement issue sorted as it has been dragging on for years.

Nichola Mallon's department will be in court again in the near future when the judge will decide the outcome.

If the judge rules against the building of Casement, the Antrim County Board are left without a county ground as a result of the bastards on the Ulster Council and their vision of a 38,000 stadium in West Belfast.

Snapchap

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 08, 2022, 12:36:42 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 08, 2022, 10:48:28 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 07, 2022, 03:17:42 PM
SF have a real bee in their bonnet about SDLP "attacking" them, yet they do the exact same to FF and FG on an almost daily basis in the South. Another example of their hypocrisy.

1. On your first part: SF are climbing in the polls, while the SDLP are slumping. I don't think it's a case of a bee in the bonnett. I think it's more a case of sheer bewilderment that the penny hasn't dropped with the SDLP that nationalists want their representatives to challenge the DUP, not other nationalists. Brian Feeney pointed out as much - noting that SF rarely as much as mention the SDLP. They focus their attacks on the DUP.

2. On your point re the south, what sort of halfwitted parallel are you trying to draw? Of course they focus their attacks on FF/FG in the south. What do you expect them to do? Not challenge any other parties? They are their direct political opponents, and closest electoral challengers in the south, in the same way as the DUP are their direct political opponents and closest electoral challengers in the north.

I dont care about my representatives challenging the DUP, I want my representatives to fix the everyday issues that we all face.

Isn't it a given that people want their politicians to fix every day issues? Does that mean we should pretend that politicians don't engage in political arguments between each other? Or are you living in a pie in the sky fantasy land where you think it's possible for political parties to no longer challenge one another?

No "everyday issues" can/will be fixed while the DUP continue to boycott power sharing and continue their campaign to wreck the GFA. As it stands, their supremacist mindset is so entrenched that they are refusing to say if they will work the institutions (ie accept the result of a democtaric election) if they aren't in a dominant position over the fenians after it? Is it not fair to say that the nationalist community would prefer the SDLP challenge the DUP on all that, instead of yapping at SF?

armaghniac

Quote from: Antrim Coaster on April 08, 2022, 01:31:05 PM
If the judge rules against the building of Casement, the Antrim County Board are left without a county ground as a result of the bastards on the Ulster Council and their vision of a 38,000 stadium in West Belfast.

The Ulster Council have not come out well out of this. But Antrim should not have agreed to decommission Casement until work was ready to proceed, they too were enticed by a free stadium which they did not have to contribute to.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

themac_23

Quote from: marty34 on April 08, 2022, 12:20:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 08, 2022, 11:48:41 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on April 08, 2022, 10:48:28 AM
SF have a real bee in their bonnet about SDLP "attacking" them, yet they do the exact same to FF and FG on an almost daily basis in the South. Another example of their hypocrisy.

1. On your first part: SF are climbing in the polls, while the SDLP are slumping. I don't think it's a case of a bee in the bonnett. I think it's more a case of sheer bewilderment that the penny hasn't dropped with the SDLP that nationalists want their representatives to challenge the DUP, not other nationalists. Brian Feeney pointed out as much - noting that SF rarely as much as mention the SDLP. They focus their attacks on the DUP.

2. On your point re the south, what sort of halfwitted parallel are you trying to draw? Of course they focus their attacks on FF/FG in the south. What do you expect them to do? Not challenge any other parties? They are their direct political opponents, and closest electoral challengers in the south, in the same way as the DUP are their direct political opponents and closest electoral challengers in the north.

And the winner of this years "Tieing myself up in knots" trophy goes for the second year running to Snapchat.

From the lad who says Aontú are not right wing!!!

Im most certainly not right wing but il be voting for Aontu in the election. ive voted SF my whole life but how they spun the abortion vote, how they dealt with Covid as one of the main parties and how their complete mandate seems to be stop the DUP. I seen Michelle O'Neills flyer the other day 'time for real change' given how long SF have been trying to do anything its a bit of a stretch to think that anything other than buzz words. Also, they completely take my vote for granted, they clearly have my house down as a SF house so never actually call at my door when canvassing. I like many others are sick of the 2 main parties here and their strategy of lets say and do the opposite of the other side.

NAG1

Quote from: armaghniac on April 08, 2022, 02:08:34 PM

The Ulster Council have not come out well out of this. But Antrim should not have agreed to decommission Casement until work was ready to proceed, they too were enticed by a free stadium which they did not have to contribute to.

I'm not sure enticed was the correct choice of words there Armagh, there is a word for it but enticed definitely wasnt it. Maybe take a look at a reshuffle in UC shortly after and who was no longer part of the set up and start to ask why that would maybe be the case.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

The arrogance is astounding and this patter that they are speaking for the Gaels of Ulster is ridiculous

Rossfan

Those of you "voting for Aontú"....
Who will ye give preferences to or are ye going to be silly "Plumpers"??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Rossfan on April 08, 2022, 03:38:25 PM
Those of you "voting for Aontú"....
Who will ye give preferences to or are ye going to be silly "Plumpers"??

Exactly having multiple nationalist parties can actually be great for nationalist turnout but it only works if voters transfer down the list

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on April 08, 2022, 02:43:04 PM

I'm not sure enticed was the correct choice of words there Armagh, there is a word for it but enticed definitely wasnt it. Maybe take a look at a reshuffle in UC shortly after and who was no longer part of the set up and start to ask why that would maybe be the case.

Mr Feeney perchance?

Antrim handled this very badly and I suppose they were led by the nose by the UC who ultimately will own Casement at the end of all this..

Eamonnca1

As I've said elsewhere, the shinners are some of the thinnest skinned people in politics. Can't stand being attacked by their political opponents whose job it is to attack them. Good at dishing it out, not so good at taking it.

Rossfan

Yep, poor little Maryloo was almost crying in the Dáil the other day when An Taoiseach made some uncomplimentary remarks about SF, she took it so personally.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eire90

same with their foot soldiers get criticized at the doors they go into a state of shock

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

I'm going 1 Aontú Doyle 2 McLaughlin IRSP 3 Durkan

Doyle pro life republican, mcgocks republican working for Galliagh were I'm from, big durky sound man and only real gaa man on council and openly pro life

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 08, 2022, 07:00:42 PM
Afterall Durkan was the first person to "deliver Casement".

Yeah hopefully seen error of his ways, he's been through a very tough life ,nice lad, playing GAA in city when it wasn't flavour of the month and doesn't blow horns and party poppers to celebrate killing unborn babies. Done enough for a vote for me.

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 08, 2022, 07:18:37 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on April 08, 2022, 07:00:42 PM
Afterall Durkan was the first person to "deliver Casement".

Yeah hopefully seen error of his ways, he's been through a very tough life ,nice lad, playing GAA in city when it wasn't flavour of the month and doesn't blow horns and party poppers to celebrate killing unborn babies. Done enough for a vote for me.

Durkan is as civil and as hard a working man as you will meet.