Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 09:15:42 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2022, 08:56:01 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2022, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2022, 07:12:17 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on April 05, 2022, 07:08:56 PM
anti-abortion religious nuts  ???

get your own house in order comes to mind  ::)

Haven't been to mass in years mucker,lapsed

Swing and a miss Mikhail

Only time I've been to mass in the last decade is funerals and weddings.

Keep trying!

This is the problem, some folk don't know difference between morals and religious beliefs
When it comes to opposing abortion and imposing that belief onto other people denying their civil right, one is a zealot and the other a religious zealot.

Abortion is not a civil right.

Sinn Féin call it women's health care

As do millions and millions of women around the world.

We men are great at sticking in our magic stick and f**king off when we don't like the consequences of our actions but yet the onus is always with the girl to make the hard calls and whilst a lot on here will say that's not them I'm talking about they will know at least one or two other lads who they know have done similar...

I personally don't agree with abortion but then I'd don't know every poor girls circumstances and like the SDLP who offered a free vote on it, it's really up to each individual to make their own call on it.

general_lee

Any of the men on here had an abortion before? If you don't like it so much, maybe.. don't have one?

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on April 06, 2022, 10:29:04 AM
Any of the men on here had an abortion before? If you don't like it so much, maybe.. don't have one?

Anyone here drink and drive? If you don't like it don't do it, but don't be telling other people what they should do.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Armagh18

Not something that I really care about one way or the other or that I've ever given much thought to but that's a ridiculous take

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 05, 2022, 10:39:07 PM
Quote from: clarshack on April 05, 2022, 07:06:59 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 05, 2022, 02:43:11 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 01:29:13 PM
Aontú are doing better south of border so far, up to 3%. , ahead of PBP(Brexiteers-AI party btw) and same as greens in latest poll. We have a lot of work to do north due to the battle SF v DUP

I'd say Aontú's boat has sailed in the 26 counties - it's a totally changed place this past 20 years. As can be seen from repeal and the lack of influence of the CC. Times have changed.

And not for the better.

Life moves on Clarshack, whether we like it or not.

It certainly has. Just go onto Twitter and see all the so called SF republicans congratulating Linda Ervine on her MBE. The same empire that crushed the Irish language
Don't have twitter any more but can imagine the sort of gobshite you're on about. Thankfully have encountered very few in real life

general_lee

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 10:33:25 AM
Not something that I really care about one way or the other or that I've ever given much thought to but that's a ridiculous take
Not really. The point being people most opposed to abortion are all men and are from or are supporters of male-dominated right-wing parties like Aontú, TUV, DUP etc.

JoG2

Aontú are doing better south of border so far, up to 3%. , ahead of PBP(Brexiteers-AI party btw) and same as greens in latest poll. We have a lot of work to do north due to the battle SF v DUP

I'd say Aontú's boat has sailed in the 26 counties - it's a totally changed place this past 20 years. As can be seen from repeal and the lack of influence of the CC. Times have changed.

And not for the better.

It certainly has. Just go onto Twitter and see all the so called SF republicans congratulating Linda Ervine on her MBE. The same empire that crushed the Irish language

Mistake no 1 dear Fear!  ;D

Rossfan

It's not as if abortion has been made compulsory!
Are TUV, DUPUDA  and Aontú delighted with the Hungarian election result?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: general_lee on April 06, 2022, 10:41:58 AM
Not really. The point being people most opposed to abortion are all men and are from or are supporters of male-dominated right-wing parties like Aontú, TUV, DUP etc.
A lot of  people see abortion as taking a human life. Rightly or wrongly, thats their view. So you may as well be saying "don't like murder? Don't kill anyone then."

Anyway, completely off track and irrelevant to this thread.

Armagh18

Quote from: JoG2 on April 06, 2022, 10:45:50 AM

And not for the better.

Mistake no 1 dear Fear!  ;D
Yep!

general_lee

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 10:50:00 AM
A lot of  people see abortion as taking a human life. Rightly or wrongly, thats their view. So you may as well be saying "don't like murder? Don't kill anyone then."

Again, you miss the point. It's about body autonomy. You as a man can't get an abortion, even if you wanted to. Yet the pro-lifers are telling women they shouldn't have that choice.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on April 06, 2022, 09:06:53 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 09:15:42 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2022, 08:56:01 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2022, 08:51:52 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 07:16:07 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2022, 07:12:17 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on April 05, 2022, 07:10:28 PM
Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on April 05, 2022, 07:08:56 PM
anti-abortion religious nuts  ???

get your own house in order comes to mind  ::)

Haven't been to mass in years mucker,lapsed

Swing and a miss Mikhail

Only time I've been to mass in the last decade is funerals and weddings.

Keep trying!

This is the problem, some folk don't know difference between morals and religious beliefs
When it comes to opposing abortion and imposing that belief onto other people denying their civil right, one is a zealot and the other a religious zealot.

Abortion is not a civil right.

Sinn Féin call it women's health care

As do millions and millions of women around the world.

We men are great at sticking in our magic stick and f**king off when we don't like the consequences of our actions but yet the onus is always with the girl to make the hard calls and whilst a lot on here will say that's not them I'm talking about they will know at least one or two other lads who they know have done similar...

I personally don't agree with abortion but then I'd don't know every poor girls circumstances and like the SDLP who offered a free vote on it, it's really up to each individual to make their own call on it.

Exactly-woke sheep ba ba. I am not agaisnt cases of medical intervention but it has gone too far, yeah the free vote was the correct way to go

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

WT actual feck. Sure Aontú have at least 40% female candidates. Gone just devalve for a wee minute

RedHand88

Quote from: general_lee on April 06, 2022, 10:57:54 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 10:50:00 AM

Again, you miss the point. It's about body autonomy. You as a man can't get an abortion, even if you wanted to. Yet the pro-lifers are telling women they shouldn't have that choice.

Which body are we talking about? The mothers or the baby's? Because by every scientific definition the baby is a human. You may call it "tissue" or whatever but you cannot deny it is human.

I don't care if a woman wants to do something with her body, so long as it doesn't harm anyone else its none of anybodys business.
I do have an issue when you end the life of another person though. I can understand there are a tiny minority of cases where this is unavoidable when something goes wrong, but the vast vast vasssst majority of abortions involve healthy mother/healthy baby so I think any attempt to use these extreme cases to justify widespread abortions is disingenuous.

Also don't have much time for the argument that men have no opinion by virtue of the fact that they are men. Does the message need to come from a pro-life female for it to be a valid point of view? What difference does it make who says it?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 06, 2022, 10:34:28 AM

And not for the better.

Don't have twitter any more but can imagine the sort of gobshite you're on about. Thankfully have encountered very few in real life

Paddy Barnes-too many slaps to the head there. Fergal Sharkey-couldnt believe Derry GAA twitter retweeing his stuff, Tip of the cap shite