Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 05, 2022, 12:16:23 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on May 05, 2022, 12:11:22 PM
Ok. Explain to me like im 4

Lol. I jest. Just wanted to say that 😊

Cheers chaps

I gave a low low preference to the non-mccrea DUP candidate in midulster a few years ago because I knew it would come down to the 2 of them for the last seat. Mccrea lost to his party colleague by handful of votes and hasn't been seen since.
Transfers matter!! Vote as low as you can stomach.

;D ;D

In my ward that leaves me with about 3 to vote for lol.. Its one cnut after another

Youngest daughters first time voting today, be interesting to see how that goes, I wonder will she put her A level politics head on or be influenced by her friends/family or environment
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Estimator

Who will you vote for?
At the NI Assembly Election on Thursday May 5th which political party are you voting for as first preference?

https://www.lucidtalk.co.uk/single-post/lt-ni-tracker-poll-april-2022
Ulster League Champions 2009

Rossfan

Quote from: trileacman on May 05, 2022, 12:59:48 PM
Lads any SF voting as far down the ballot as DUP or TUV is deranged. The chances of your transferable vote at places 4 and higher actually deciding a election seat are tiny. 4 or 5 is the max anyone should be bothered to place votes.

I've seen 16th preferences being transferred in my time.
I would respectfully sugges SFers should vote for their own, then SDLP, then any other nationalist parties e g Aontú, Alliance, Greens, Independents and the unionist they find least objectionable .
Blank the rest.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LeoMc

Quote from: Rossfan on May 05, 2022, 01:34:42 PM
Lads any SF voting as far down the ballot as DUP or TUV is deranged. The chances of your transferable vote at places 4 and higher actually deciding a election seat are tiny. 4 or 5 is the max anyone should be bothered to place votes.

I would respectfully sugges SFers should vote for their own, then SDLP, then any other nationalist parties e g Aontú, Alliance, Greens, Independents and the unionist they find least objectionable .
Blank the rest.

he closest results on the final count were:
East Belfast: Robin Newton (DUP) beat David Douglas (also DUP) by 130.81
South Antrim: Pam Cameron (DUP) beat Trevor Clarke (also DUP) by 151.52
Strangford: Peter Weir (DUP) beat Joe Boyle (SDLP) by 225.29, the closest inter-party contest on the final count (but see below)
Fermanagh & South Tyrone: Seán Lynch (SF) beat Maurice Morrow (DUP) by 306
Lagan Valley: Pat Catney (SDLP) beat Brenda Hale (DUP) by 433.22
North Belfast: Carál Ní Chuilín (SF) beat Nuala McAllister (Alliance) by 556
There was an unusually large number of close calls in earlier counts in some constituencies,

In South Belfast, on the penultimate count Emma Little Pengelly (DUP) was only 25.24 votes behind Christopher Stalford (also DUP), and only 58.14 behind Michael Henderson (UUP). In the event Stalford won the seat and Henderson was runner-up.
In Fermanagh & South Tyrone, Richie McPhilips (SDLP) was eliminated on the second count due to a 62 vote difference with Sean Lynch (SF); he would probably have won Lynch's seat otherwise.
In Lagan Valley, Jenny Palmer was eliminated on the 6th count due to a 166.12 vote difference with Brenda Hale (DUP); had it been the other way round, Palmer would probably have won the seat that was actually taken by Pat Catney (SDLP).
In West Belfast, Alex Attwood (SDLP) was eliminated on the second count, 353 votes behind Frank McCoubrey (DUP) who went on to be the runner-up. Had the two been reversed, half of McCoubrey's transfers would have been sufficient to pull Attwood ahead of Pat Sheehan, the last elected SF candidate

general_lee

I only went for 5 (SF 1 & 2, AP 3, Green Party 4, SDLP 5)
Ignored Aontú (Dolores Kelly is probably as bad) and all the Unionists, in hindsight probably should have gave Doug Beattie 6th preference.

johnnycool

Quote from: general_lee on May 05, 2022, 02:12:23 PM
Ignored Aontú (Dolores Kelly is probably as bad) and all the Unionists, in hindsight probably should have gave Doug Beattie 6th preference.

Just out there half an hour ago, tried the "vote till you boke" process but really couldn't find it within myself to put anything beside any of the DUP or TUV candidates...

I did give Mike TV a preference, the auld horny divil..

red hander

Quote from: LeoMc on May 05, 2022, 08:03:42 AM
Quote from: marty34 on May 04, 2022, 11:12:16 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on May 04, 2022, 09:39:58 PM
Quote from: delgany on May 04, 2022, 09:35:42 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on May 04, 2022, 09:32:09 PM
So the Tories have shafted the DUP again.. On the night before the election you couldn't write it lol

Whats this Red

" The British govt is signalling it's moving away from including plans allowing it to suspend part of the protocol in the Queen's speech next week."

Brits backing away from suspending protocol

What's that about?

Is that deliberately timed due to the election in England?
I think there are 2 things at play here.
1. They can't have her Maj making a speech containing a threat to break international law.
2. A well timed kick in the balls to the DUP for their hardball tactics when they held the balance of power in Westminster.

Get out and vote and vote right down the list.

I'd say three things, including a late night call to that balloon Liz Truss from the White House. Biden may be a shit President, but 1. He's better than the maniac he replaced, and 2. He has our back against perfidious albion.

RedHand88

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 05, 2022, 03:07:24 PM

Blank the rest.

In the 2019 NI local council elections, Sinn Fein's Ian Friary beat Alliance's Phillip Burnside in the Bannside DEA of Mid & East Antrim by 1.04 votes on the eighth count mainly thanks to four transfers from the two TUV candidates that were elected on the first count.

Every preference counts - in most cases the very low preferences won't matter, but when they do it's better for your ballot to still matter rather than have it prematurely exhaust and let someone else choose for you. As someone else said on this thread, "vote 'till ye boke!"

That's class.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 05, 2022, 03:10:57 PM

Blank the rest.

In the 2019 NI local council elections, Sinn Fein's Ian Friary beat Alliance's Phillip Burnside in the Bannside DEA of Mid & East Antrim by 1.04 votes on the eighth count mainly thanks to four transfers from the two TUV candidates that were elected on the first count.

Every preference counts - in most cases the very low preferences won't matter, but when they do it's better for your ballot to still matter rather than have it prematurely exhaust and let someone else choose for you. As someone else said on this thread, "vote 'till ye boke!"

That's class.

Immediately I am thinking who de feck is Ian Friary above all else

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: armaghniac on May 05, 2022, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 05, 2022, 04:25:28 PM
I never go past 4 on ballot

Which is nothing to be proud of

Why explain to me why I would give a vote in Derry City to anyone past 4 , I'd love you to explain to me, I've obviously being doing it wrong all these years

dec

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on May 05, 2022, 05:47:24 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on May 05, 2022, 03:10:57 PM

That's class.

Working out how many voters transfer to whom can, if you don't mind a wee bit of maths, provide some interesting stats. For example in the 2014 EU elections in NI, about 450 voters gave a preference of either SF 1 & TUV 2 or SF 1 NI Conservatives 2 & TUV 3. :o

The first time I ever noticed this was in one of the European elections where some of Paisley's surplus ended up with the Sinn Fein candidate.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: general_lee on May 05, 2022, 02:12:23 PM

Green Party? Fk me!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.