Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

btdtgtt

Think you will be fine for promotion for sure!
Especially with two up & two down!

Can't see any shocks at all in this years championship.

Seamroga in exile

That's the thing about shocks, no one sees them coming.  ;)

St. Galls will not be taken lightly in Loughgiel. They were the last team to cause a big shock in the championship. And, apart from a messed up poc out, they could have caused another one in the very next game.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

CitySlicker11

Prelimanary Round
Loughgiel v St Galls - Loughgiel by 13

Quarter Finals
Dunloy v Rossa - Dunloy by 6

Cushendall v St Johns - Cushendall by 5

Ballycastle v Glenariffe - Ballycastle by 6

Semi Finals

Dunloy v Cushendall - Dunloy by 2

Loughgiel v Ballycastle - Loughgiel by 5

Final

Dunloy v Loughgiel - either team to win by 1

btdtgtt

I agree with most of that slicker except I actually expect wider margins in the Dunloy/Rossa & town/oisins games.

Dunloy v cushendall will be toss of a coin.

Winners will lose to the shamrocks no matter.

CitySlicker11

I think both teams may underestimate their opponents and have to turn it on in the second half to get the win.

That's if it is not too late by then.

It's championship, it will be closer than you think btdtgtt!

btdtgtt

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on July 29, 2013, 09:57:15 PM
I think both teams may underestimate their opponents and have to turn it on in the second half to get the win.

That's if it is not too late by then.

It's championship, it will be closer than you think btdtgtt!

Yes I understand that's normally the case but I think the gap between the good the bad and the ugly has grown larger.
1)loughgiel
2) dall & Dunloy
4) ballycastle
Then a gap to
5) St. John's
Then another gap to
6) oisins Rossa and galls
Then another gap to
7) cloughmills

I just don't think championship is enough to close the gaps anymore.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Went down to the ballycastle v cushendall game te night. Left it with about two to go am cdall were 3-15 to 2-12 up. Cdall got the goals and they killed bcastle ESP the one before half time.
Good win for the fall missing Neil mc manus and no Shane either I noticed. Also Karl mc Keelan off at half time.
Ballycastle didn't play well and from what I've seen they will struggle to run lgiel close assuming they beat glenariffe that is. Don't understand this tactic of maty starting at full back and then into centre three quarters. He never does anything when this happens. He's a defender and a good one at that. Should play him in defence.
hurl like f**k boi!

Mcquillans supporter

Dunlop realist I know Ballycastle were bad last nite, some of the tactical decisions were terrible could mention a few names that were terrible, but saying we won't run loughguile close how do u know that, we have played them twice this year won 1 and lost the other by 2 points but could of won that game, use worry about cdall if use get there, the town will look after themselves there is always extra in the tank once we play that red jersey

north aontroim gael

Quote from: Mcquillans supporter on July 30, 2013, 11:38:36 AM
Dunlop realist I know Ballycastle were bad last nite, some of the tactical decisions were terrible could mention a few names that were terrible, but saying we won't run loughguile close how do u know that, we have played them twice this year won 1 and lost the other by 2 points but could of won that game, use worry about cdall if use get there, the town will look after themselves there is always extra in the tank once we play that red jersey

Lol...do Ballycastle keep a bit extra in the tank just for Loughgiel?

Nice to know we are so highly regarded!

NAG1

I would be checking that tank for holes.  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

ive seen use more than once this year, 4 times infact, and seen lgiel a few times as well. i know the old phrase that championship hurling is completly different but sometimes you have to look at what you see and make that judgment. from what ive seen of ballycastle loughgiel will be far too strong.

Ballycastle at the start of the year were the team i fancied to be a real dark horse and cause a few problems but as the year has panned out they havent build on last years form and U21 win. losing Cormac for the long term is a big blow as well and young Saul suspended doesnt help either.

thats what ive based my post on, not blind judgement or reading paper results. last nights game was poor, and cdall were missing Neil and Shane who would have caused more bother for the town had they played. too many high aimless balls were played into the towns forwards and only when they decided to play low fast ball in did it cause any bother for the cdall back line, but the damage had already been done by the daft goals they conceeded. its not all gloom thought, i want use to beat lgiel!!! lol

also i will worry about Rossa for the time being, beating them will be tough enough.  :)

i still see lgiel as big favourites, and righly so, for the title.
hurl like f**k boi!

BlackandAmber

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 30, 2013, 12:39:53 PM
ive seen use more than once this year, 4 times infact, and seen lgiel a few times as well. i know the old phrase that championship hurling is completly different but sometimes you have to look at what you see and make that judgment. from what ive seen of ballycastle loughgiel will be far too strong.

Ballycastle at the start of the year were the team i fancied to be a real dark horse and cause a few problems but as the year has panned out they havent build on last years form and U21 win. losing Cormac for the long term is a big blow as well and young Saul suspended doesnt help either.

thats what ive based my post on, not blind judgement or reading paper results. last nights game was poor, and cdall were missing Neil and Shane who would have caused more bother for the town had they played. too many high aimless balls were played into the towns forwards and only when they decided to play low fast ball in did it cause any bother for the cdall back line, but the damage had already been done by the daft goals they conceeded. its not all gloom thought, i want use to beat lgiel!!! lol

also i will worry about Rossa for the time being, beating them will be tough enough.  :)

I agree there DR. I don't think we have much improvement to come and the Shams will be startin to motor. They could give us a thumpin. Cormac has been a big loss. Our defence is all over the place. Where was Gerard Laverty last night. Is he injured again? and Michael Dallat came on late but he is'nt anywhere like fit. Disapointing again. Clarke and McAfee are very talented but that team last night had 3/4 passengers and Glenarriffe will be trouble enough before we think about the Shams.

NAG1

Quote from: BlackandAmber on July 30, 2013, 03:02:10 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 30, 2013, 12:39:53 PM

I agree there DR. I don't think we have much improvement to come and the Shams will be startin to motor. They could give us a thumpin. Cormac has been a big loss. Our defence is all over the place. Where was Gerard Laverty last night. Is he injured again? and Michael Dallat came on late but he is'nt anywhere like fit. Disapointing again. Clarke and McAfee are very talented but that team last night had 3/4 passengers and Glenarriffe will be trouble enough before we think about the Shams.

In all honesty a total shambles at the moment, lost players to working away without the squad to cover. Will be a walk over.

Mcquillans supporter

There is no doubt it will be tough, Gearld Laverty wasn't there because he is away working and isn't back to the end of August , there is no doubt that if the management and players don't sort it out quick loughguile could thump us, as for Saul he will b back again for the loughguile match next wen nite, need to sort out half back line out it was a joke last nite and management never changed it and I think cdall seen the weak link in there and took advantage of it very well.

Hurler24

A lot of people are rather quick to put the boot into Ballycastle.ie our own support. I still think that there isn't much between Loughgiel,Cushendall,Ballycastle and Dunloy.St Johns have supposedly got Dinny Cahill up so could be a banana skin there. Ballycastle were poor last night I agree but now is the time to try things out and I think that happened last night. Our biggest worry should be getting young McLister back to fitness.

SIE loughgiel favourites and I don't thin anyone in Ballycastle would argue otherwise.