Name your three favourite songs by... [Queen]

Started by AustinPowers, November 30, 2023, 06:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Can we include his work with the Travelling Wilbury's? As thankfully he didn't sing all that much with them.

Jell 0 Biafra

JoG2

Quote from: Puckoon on March 15, 2024, 03:09:12 PMCan we include his work with the Travelling Wilbury's? As thankfully he didn't sing all that much with them.

He sang on about 4 songs on Vol 1 and 5 on Vol 3

Blowitupref

Idiot Wind 
Vision Of Johanna 
Like a Rolling Stone
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Puckoon

Quote from: JoG2 on March 15, 2024, 03:21:53 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 15, 2024, 03:09:12 PMCan we include his work with the Travelling Wilbury's? As thankfully he didn't sing all that much with them.

He sang on about 4 songs on Vol 1 and 5 on Vol 3

Yes but thankfully not all that much and not generally not the whole song..

Ronnie

I want You
Idiot Wind
Like a Rolling Stone

and best cover version is a little known song called She's your Lover now done by former Buzzcock Howard Devoto's Luxuria

bennydorano

I lived with a fella at Uni who did his Thesis on Bob Dylan (in comparison to the works of Robert Frost (edit). I was never a big Dylan fan and those years ruined him for me. Hurricane probably the only song I've always really liked.

From the Bunker

red hander

You're A Big Girl Now
Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands
Abandoned Love

AustinPowers

Forever Young
You Ain't Going Nowhere
To Ramona

(Sinead Lohan  did a great version of 'To Ramona' as well).

JoG2

You could spend months going through the hoor's back catalogue

weareros

Dominic Behan of course was not too happy with Dylan for using the melody of The Patriot Game for With God on Our Side. I think Dylan heard The Clancy brothers singing it in The White Horse Tavern in New York City and thought it was a traditional air. Dylan was a big fan of The Clancy Brothers and described Liam (RIP) as the best folk singer in the world.

thewobbler

Forever Young
Lay Lady Lay
Make you Feel my Love

tonto1888

Positively fourth street
Shelter from the storm
Forever young.

AustinPowers

No mention of knockin' on heavens door , probably one of his most  well known songs