International rules

Started by tonto1888, September 26, 2017, 09:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: skeog on November 12, 2017, 10:04:40 AM
So what if its a junket good for people who entertain us most of the year.Begrudgery in Ireland at its best knocking the efforts of wonderful ambassadors,watched 90 mins of tripe from your so called professionals in Copenhagen give me MM CMCM etc any day of the week.

::)

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Overall a decent enough watch, but largely poor stuff by Ireland. Cadogan, Clarke, Karl O'Connell, Shane Walsh were all shocking. The likes of Geaney could've been involved more. Crazy "tactics" by Ireland and some poor distribution at times.
No wonder there's rumours of McManus being on AFL radar..some outrageous kicks by him. J

Just think the squad picked was very strange and the tactics even stranger still..we should be getting 4/5 goals every time against them. Instead they looked superior tactically AND better at controlling the ball. Few Irish lads not able for the phyiscality either. Could and should have picked a few "craftier" players for it.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

armaghniac

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on November 12, 2017, 04:50:42 PM
Overall a decent enough watch, but largely poor stuff by Ireland. Cadogan, Clarke, Karl O'Connell, Shane Walsh were all shocking. The likes of Geaney could've been involved more. Crazy "tactics" by Ireland and some poor distribution at times.
No wonder there's rumours of McManus being on AFL radar..some outrageous kicks by him. J

Just think the squad picked was very strange and the tactics even stranger still..we should be getting 4/5 goals every time against them. Instead they looked superior tactically AND better at controlling the ball. Few Irish lads not able for the phyiscality either. Could and should have picked a few "craftier" players for it.

Is there a big range of "craftier" players who were available and who were not picked?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on November 12, 2017, 09:44:54 AM
Decades of throwball coming home to roost.
I talked about it before that "modern" inter county football has become more and more low risk and the basics such as kicking and fielding the ball has suffered.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 12, 2017, 05:53:59 PM
I talked about it before that "modern" inter county football has become more and more low risk and the basics such as kicking and fielding the ball has suffered.

Nothing wrong with handpassing if done with quick hands. Aussies miles ahead on that.

Rossfan

Occasional throws in the middle of much kicking of the FOOTball might be ok but when it's 20 throws to every kick.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rrhf

I felt the Ulster men propped up that entire team today.

Gold

Quote from: mrdeeds on November 12, 2017, 06:33:32 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on November 12, 2017, 05:53:59 PM

Nothing wrong with handpassing if done with quick hands. Aussies miles ahead on that.

Totally agree

McManus immense

Kick the ball in ffs!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: rrhf on November 12, 2017, 08:12:34 PM
I felt the Ulster men propped up that entire team today.

As usual.

46 of the 53 scored.

It was the same in the 2014 test as well with 33 of the 46 scored coming from Ulster players.

JimStynes

Did Ireland's AFL players not show much?

armaghniac

Quote from: JimStynes on November 12, 2017, 08:40:13 PM

Tuohy took a free near the end, which seemed rather odd and he got a behind instead of an over.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

BennyCake

Quote from: armaghniac on November 12, 2017, 09:54:52 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 12, 2017, 08:40:13 PM

Tuohy took a free near the end, which seemed rather odd and he got a behind instead of an over.

Was Murphy not on to kick that? McManus even. Or Morgan.

Ohtoohtobe

Got the tactics wrong in playing a blanket and allowing the Aussies to rack up hundreds of hand-passes. Need to put more pressure on them in their half to force them to kick it.
Aidan O'Shea played ok but wrecked my head with his constant theatrics. He could learn from the opposition in that regard.

ballinaman

Karl O Connell was very poor. Poor finishing of goal chances cost Ireland.

Schkite

McManus and Murphy were excellent today whenever they got on the ball. You'd imagine they'll be closer watched next week though. Need others to step up in the scoring stakes, shocking overreliance on the 2 of them.