Rugby league World Cup - Is this 2 horse race a waste of time?

Started by Wildweasel74, October 26, 2013, 03:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Wildweasel74

Watch alot of NFl myself, it is very stop start and you can get a great game (normally involving Denver this weather) or a piss poor game normally involving one of the NY teams lol

BennyHarp

I was at the England v Ireland game yesterday. What a massive pile of dung, rugby league is a pretty crap sport really and mismatches like this are too frequent. Also, I'm getting a bit annoyed that Ireland's Call is being dressed up as our national anthem these days!
That was never a square ball!!

theticklemister

A lot of gaels in my club in Irelad are seriuosly wetting themselves over American NFL at the minute. What a pile of shit.

michaelg

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 03, 2013, 03:50:10 AM
I was at the England v Ireland game yesterday. What a massive pile of dung, rugby league is a pretty crap sport really and mismatches like this are too frequent. Also, I'm getting a bit annoyed that Ireland's Call is being dressed up as our national anthem these days!
Is it not better to have an anthem representative of all those on the team?

Rossfan

Quote from: michaelg on November 03, 2013, 10:51:07 AM
Advance Australia Fair then  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyHarp

Quote from: Rossfan on November 03, 2013, 12:42:30 PM

Exactly - they'd have been better off playing no anthem at all.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on November 03, 2013, 12:51:05 PM

Ah stawp. Why people still get roiled up about flags and bland inoffensive anthems is beyond me.

Oh, and poppies. Poppies.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on November 03, 2013, 01:27:27 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on November 03, 2013, 12:51:05 PM

Ah stawp. Why people still get roiled up about flags and bland inoffensive anthems is beyond me.

Oh, and poppies. Poppies.

Exactly - that's why I wonder why they have to have a makey uppy anthem.

laoislad

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on November 02, 2013, 10:07:10 PM
Cricket..the sport where both teams wear the same colour strip and where the game stops for lunch.
Sufferin f**k is there a worse sport in the world.
Ulster football.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Aerlik

The father of James Hasson, the Manly Seaeagles and Ireland player, was born in Dungiven.

Having played both union and league I will concur that League is shite to watch but, in my opinion, waaaaaaaaay better to play.

Mini-me is now playing both club and representative "districts" cricket at u-13 level.  It is the equivalent of County level.  But sweet Jesus it is a boring game, no matter what level.  The one saving grace about the wanes at that age is that they are all wanting to be the next fastbowler, and trust some of those lads can launch the leather at a quare rate. 

And re. the anthems etc., at least the Four Provinces Flag is used, not that feeble attempt by the IRFU.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 02, 2013, 09:35:16 PM
fun like most sports i do tend to watch it and know most of the rules, club level is fairly even and better to watch than this, but the standard of goal kicking in this version of rugby is very poor. The only sport i couldnt watch was cricket, it literally bored me to death

Hmm. The posthumous first-person past-tense. The dead are speaking to us!

From the Bunker

Within a week I have seen an Irish Football team play in a makey up international game and I have seen a Makey up Irish team play in an international game. Gas!  ;D

LeoMc

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on November 03, 2013, 11:09:38 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on November 02, 2013, 09:35:16 PM
fun like most sports i do tend to watch it and know most of the rules, club level is fairly even and better to watch than this, but the standard of goal kicking in this version of rugby is very poor. The only sport i couldnt watch was cricket, it literally bored me to death

Hmm. The posthumous first-person past-tense. The dead are speaking to us!
:D

Premier Emperor

Ireland are ranked 9th in the world at this game!
Imagine if we took it seriously.
Same goes for cricket.