season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Crazy decision by the GAA. The short sightedness beggars belief.

Rossfan

How much cash up front do they get in season ticket sales?
€3m, €4m...?
Bet they treat major sponsors who probably give them much less  with more respect.

Edit: just got an email from ST office.  If season is abandoned there will be discounts on next year or partial refunds.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Captain Obvious

marty34

delgany

Scrambling to save face.

rosnarun

Quote from: delgany on April 29, 2020, 09:00:35 PM
Scrambling to save face.
tool ate for that . the people that made the decision Should be held accountable for it.
was it an elected committee ot the professional at croke park that have potentially  done so much harm to the GAA reputation
this ius not even an apology not that I gove such an apology the time of day . they Fucked up and they Know it.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

armaghniac

QuoteThey must read this board!!!

Sure it was on the radio yesterday. What they proposed was plain illegal and stupid. Best to stop as soon as possible.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Blowitupref

GAA CANCEL SEASON TICKETS AMID GUIDELINES 'UNCERTAINTY'

"Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and with no clarity on the potential number of spectators allowed in attendance for our proposed Inter-County Championship later in the year we have been left with no option but to cancel your GAA season ticket for 2020.

"Your season ticket will not be eligible for the remainder of the 2020 season.

"A refund of €40 for all adult tickets and €10 for all juvenile tickets will be paid into your accounts within the next two weeks.

"We have delayed taking this step until now as we hoped that Government guidelines would be eased to the point where we could accommodate all Season Ticket holders to attend their chosen games.

"This is becoming increasingly uncertain and has led us to make this unwelcome decision.

"Thank you for your understanding throughout these uncertain times. Season tickets will be available for renewal for 2021 which we will contact you about in due course."

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 04, 2020, 05:00:37 PM
GAA CANCEL SEASON TICKETS AMID GUIDELINES 'UNCERTAINTY'

"Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic and with no clarity on the potential number of spectators allowed in attendance for our proposed Inter-County Championship later in the year we have been left with no option but to cancel your GAA season ticket for 2020.

"Your season ticket will not be eligible for the remainder of the 2020 season.

"A refund of €40 for all adult tickets and €10 for all juvenile tickets will be paid into your accounts within the next two weeks.

"We have delayed taking this step until now as we hoped that Government guidelines would be eased to the point where we could accommodate all Season Ticket holders to attend their chosen games.

"This is becoming increasingly uncertain and has led us to make this unwelcome decision.

"Thank you for your understanding throughout these uncertain times. Season tickets will be available for renewal for 2021 which we will contact you about in due course."

They may as well write off the county season at that rate.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

€40 refund

Robbin c**ts
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

balladmaker

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 04, 2020, 07:43:49 PM
€40 refund

Robbin c**ts

By my counting, 7 matches out of a possible 10 have been fulfilled. So the refund seems to be in line with that.

I fail to see how any GAA ground cannot hold 500 comfortably and within all guidelines.  The current limit which differs from the north is going to result in the GAA season being written off.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 04, 2020, 06:14:41 PM

They may as well write off the county season at that rate.

After today's government decision I'll be surprised if the inter County championship season starts at all this year now.

From the Bunker

To be fair the GAA are not a charity. There are bills and commitments to be met. You can't expect to get any more of a refund than what they are giving. I'm sure there is pressure on commitments to Dublin GAA and their coaching GDO's. Much of which is financed from the inter-county game.

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on August 04, 2020, 09:37:02 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 04, 2020, 07:43:49 PM
€40 refund

Robbin c**ts

By my counting, 7 matches out of a possible 10 have been fulfilled. So the refund seems to be in line with that.

I fail to see how any GAA ground cannot hold 500 comfortably and within all guidelines.  The current limit which differs from the north is going to result in the GAA season being written off.

The guy said that the ground could easily hold more but that people would travel in cars and buses to get there and they would gather outside the ground in hotels etc. There is some merit in this, but it is a crude measure. Especially for club game locally, a lot of this wouldn'ty apply, especially if pubs are closed. It seems a pity to deny people a chance to gather outside while the weather is decent.

But the intercounty season is banjaxed, for sure.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Disappointed that limits not raised to 500.
As for the season tickets... they're either going to abandon Inter County or play it in front of 'select" audiences without the  riff raff of regular followers.
I'd be suspicious of motives when something is announced around a holiday weekend or the first 2 weeks of August which are holiday time for many.
As there are no County games due for 10 weeks couldn't this have waited till late August early September?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM