Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

themac_23

Great result at the weekend, timely boost for us, can have all the hard luck and nearly games you want but its nice to get 2 good points on the board against a team of a 'higher' standard, lets build on it

theskull1

Quote from: let it fly on March 12, 2018, 07:33:56 AM
What is the story with fixtures for the league?why is it taking so long? Alot have counties played a round of league this past weekend and we havent even gotten the fixtures yet?I was under the impression that the fixtures commitee starts work on this very soon after last year is over and the relegation/ promotion is finalised?

I'm guessing this Joe McDonagh Cup is throwing a spanner in the works. 5 group games. Top 2 teams play before the Leinster final first Sunday in July. I'm saying nothing  :o
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnnycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 12, 2018, 08:28:15 AM
Quote from: let it fly on March 12, 2018, 07:33:56 AM
What is the story with fixtures for the league?why is it taking so long? Alot have counties played a round of league this past weekend and we havent even gotten the fixtures yet?I was under the impression that the fixtures commitee starts work on this very soon after last year is over and the relegation/ promotion is finalised?

I'm guessing this Joe McDonagh Cup is throwing a spanner in the works. 5 group games. Top 2 teams play before the Leinster final first Sunday in July. I'm saying nothing  :o

They're probably Saturday fixtures like the Christy Ring, no?

theskull1

Only placeholders for those fixtures exists as far as I'm aware.

johnnycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 12, 2018, 10:20:30 AM
Only placeholders for those fixtures exists as far as I'm aware.

I see some are fixed and some to be fixed and that's from the Antrim website;

http://antrim.gaa.ie/fixtures/?compID=94758&leagueTable=y

Sunday fixtures are going to wreck the club leagues. Expect loads of Wednesday night games.

theskull1

https://twitter.com/AontroimGAA/status/973205339373035520

Allianz Hurling League Division 1B Relegation Play/Off

Antrim v @CLGLaois ,
Venue @DunloyGAC ,

2pm

Sunday 18th March

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on March 12, 2018, 03:17:44 PM
https://twitter.com/AontroimGAA/status/973205339373035520

Allianz Hurling League Division 1B Relegation Play/Off

Antrim v @CLGLaois ,
Venue @DunloyGAC ,

2pm

Sunday 18th March

Not sure I'll be safe to drive for that game! Hopefully I'll get a lift
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

£13 in on sunday for the game. ill be on stewarding duty in one of the car parks at the parish hall or chapel so wont get to see the start of the game ffs
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 14, 2018, 08:44:54 AM
£13 in on sunday for the game. ill be on stewarding duty in one of the car parks at the parish hall or chapel so wont get to see the start of the game ffs

Separate topic but any idea why the county board only released the 1st four week's fixtures?

SCFC

Hi guys.
Laois man in peace here!
Would any local radio station up there be covering Sunday's game?
Many thanks in advance.

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah this past while they have been covering each game in football and hurling in ulster through the different twitter sites.

https://twitter.com/weareantrim

Im not sure if they are covering the game sunday as of yet but they have covered the most of them so far
hurl like f**k boi!

jdyok

You could try 'weareulster.com'. They have covered a number of games online already this season...

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: hurlingstick on March 14, 2018, 05:11:12 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on March 14, 2018, 08:44:54 AM

Separate topic but any idea why the county board only released the 1st four week's fixtures?

prob due to the fact that Antrim will be this Joe McDonnagh Cup and there will be a blanket ban on all league games until Antrims involvement is over in it.

It seems thats the thought process behind it.
hurl like f**k boi!

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: groundlie on March 15, 2018, 10:02:59 AM
I think the game on Sunday will be a cracker. After the epic win last weekend I really do fancy us to win this one with a bit to spare. Another year in 1b is what we need and deserve.

A bit to spare, I'll take a one point win on the back of a dodgy free
Depends on how Laois travel tbh but if we can't win a relegation play off in dunloy then we deserve to be in div 2
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on March 15, 2018, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: groundlie on March 15, 2018, 10:02:59 AM
I think the game on Sunday will be a cracker. After the epic win last weekend I really do fancy us to win this one with a bit to spare. Another year in 1b is what we need and deserve.

A bit to spare, I'll take a one point win on the back of a dodgy free
Depends on how Laois travel tbh but if we can't win a relegation play off in dunloy then we deserve to be in div 2

5 point turn around needed, will home advantage and a previous win be enough? Laois to their credit have maintained a decent level of hurling lately and scored well against us last time out, if Antrim can cut out the needless frees, we'd reduced their scores by at least 8/9 points, some frees are unavoidable but the easy ones for the ref to give will hurt us on Sunday, their free taker didnt miss much  I think..

The other thing was, well done on putting the Limerick game to bed and performing like they did to beat Offaly, that has to be noted, also should we get the result on Sunday, barring the Limerick game (which I never thought we'd be close) Antrim have had a very competitive season against teams who will be at the business end of things come the late summer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea