More Dissident-Republican Activity

Started by sammymaguire, November 19, 2009, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on April 21, 2019, 08:30:30 AM
Quote from: seafoid on April 21, 2019, 07:48:42 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on April 21, 2019, 12:15:48 AM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on April 20, 2019, 07:01:12 PM
Sinn fein running around in big cars whilst they push welfare reforms through.
Going to get hit at ballot box in Derry

Sinn Féin have little choice but to reform welfare as that is the amount of money they have. The question should be, have they a plan to improve the economy to get people off welfare?

Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2019, 10:02:10 PM
Why be pedantic. They are against rights for gay people. Call it what you will.

The oldest trick in the book to prevent debate. Come up with an all-encompassing label and if anyone disputes this call them pedantic. Hence if you oppose the Israeli government you are "anti-semitic", if you oppose Brexit you are "anti-British" etc.

Being in Government now is suboptimal. It's Berlin or London's way or it's the Shinners' way.
The Met Police in London had £850m of austerity cuts. The neoliberals even do it to law and order.
Sinn Féin will put the lotion on its skin unless it wants the hose again.

Any party that sees being in government during difficult times as suboptimal is not worth voting for. It's the antithesis of public service and leadership. It self serving cowardice

More nonsense. To be in government in the north needs both parties able to compromise. It's 100% clear that DUP have refused to compromise so by your logic in that case SF should just abandon their position and go into government anyway. And tell me then how will their core vote feel about them then, what sort of vacuum would it create and who might exploit that vacuum. Nonsensical post.

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 08:31:27 AM
Sorry but I don't buy that. It's like joining the KKK and saying I'm not really a racist I'm just bring politically smart. Nonsense.

You can buy it or not. Not my concern.

Your example is flawed though. KKK are single issue and not standing for election. You are either into race hate, arson and dressing up or you're not. Join or don't join are the options.

DUP offer a career and therefore hold an an attraction to careerists including hypocritical careerists. These guys need to sound the dog whistle now and again to keep that regressive minority with a high turn out turning out for them.

This not something I'm defending. Just trying to be accurate in my condemnation.

Or we just resort to basic sloganeering. It's essentially what SF and DUP want us to do as they are the big winners

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 09:03:27 AM

Sinn Féin have little choice but to reform welfare as that is the amount of money they have. The question should be, have they a plan to improve the economy to get people off welfare?

The oldest trick in the book to prevent debate. Come up with an all-encompassing label and if anyone disputes this call them pedantic. Hence if you oppose the Israeli government you are "anti-semitic", if you oppose Brexit you are "anti-British" etc.

Being in Government now is suboptimal. It's Berlin or London's way or it's the Shinners' way.
The Met Police in London had £850m of austerity cuts. The neoliberals even do it to law and order.

Any party that sees being in government during difficult times as suboptimal is not worth voting for. It's the antithesis of public service and leadership. It self serving cowardice

More nonsense. To be in government in the north needs both parties able to compromise. It's 100% clear that DUP have refused to compromise so by your logic in that case SF should just abandon their position and go into government anyway. And tell me then how will their core vote feel about them then, what sort of vacuum would it create and who might exploit that vacuum. Nonsensical post.

Which fig leaf are SF abstaining from government on? ILA or RHI? RHI will have washed through by Autumn at the latest. That leaves ILA. A fig leaf for both  parties to dodge responsibility. Each adopt extreme positions that the other can point to as unreasonable and we just sit around and wait. The people can only let this shower away it for so long. Or maybe you think it is sensible to sit and wait?

GetOverTheBar

Interesting pictures coming from Derry overnight - especially the free Derry corner wall.

I think New/Real/Continuity time as a whole, whatever umbrella grouping it is....is coming to an end,

This attack was pathetic, pointless and ultmately looks like imploding themselves and it looks like swift justice will be done if they've arrested two lads so quick for this, assuming these are the right arrests - just goes to show that this organisation whatever or whoever they want to be called are absolutely riddled already with people willing to give them up and rightly so.

Now, the major question I have and always have - how can they not nail the main players here. We all can name the names. That will finish this absolute nonsense wholly for now. (I'll assume there will always be resistance in this form in Ireland, unfortunately) And it might save some young lads going down a route they've no need to by manipulative masters who look immune from prosecution by hook or crook.

Sheugh Water

Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 12:25:52 AM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2019, 11:51:29 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on April 20, 2019, 10:36:58 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2019, 10:29:04 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on April 20, 2019, 07:49:35 PM
Quote from: marty34 on April 20, 2019, 07:06:58 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on April 20, 2019, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: Itchy on April 20, 2019, 06:18:05 PM
This was a disgusting murder but I think the aftermath is also disgusting.

- A pile of people comparing this to the 70s and even to Omagh - its not, cop the f**k on.
- Every journalist I follow on twitter seems to have been a personal friend of the murdered woman and been drinking coffee with her the other day etc. And now they all tells us their expert opinion on what is going wrong in the north. Ruth Dudley f**king Edwards is apparently a great friend. Well you can be sure Ruth DE wouldnt step foot anywhere near trouble to report it. Anyway, these people are self promoting leeches and it reminds me a bit of the "me too" campaign, lite.
- DUP and SF are to blame? Well I am sorry just because the DUP are a bunch of sectarian & anti gay dinosaurs does not mean the other side of the Irish coin is equally as bad. Sinn Fein wanted a Irish Language act, agreed it and the DUP allowed loyalists and Orange order to force them to pull out of the deal and that is what stopped stormont getting back up and running. What are SF supposed to do, just give up and let these inbreds have everything their own way like they have for the last 100 years. They are right to hold fast for the overall better of the people they represent. Today Donaldson is on twitter with a nice story how he met McKee and had a lovely conversation with her. Sorry Jeffrey, you are a homophobe so shut yer gob.

Agree with this. As bad as this was it isn't anything near the 70s or omagh. As for Donaldson, he's a homophobic p***k and eff right off

Yeah sinn Féin licking up to DUP yesterday in creggan woukd have made you sick.

'Stephen Mallett, a community leader in Creggan, said veteran republicans disenchanted with the peace process had been recruiting young men with poor educations and job prospects. Govt austerity measures and aggressive policing had compounded social exclusion, he said, ...

Good analysis from the man closest to the problems.

Be interesting to see what happens.

It will be interesting to see how the 'independents' do in May - will people, after this, not be disillusioned?

If you reckon SF will be in bother, who will get the votes or is it a case of people will register their disillusion by not voting at all?

Votes will go to Aontú, independents and PBP

What's the difference between Aontu and SF - apart from the abortion issue.

Are the independents not linked to disdents in Derry or am I mistaken?

Sfs stance on abortion pissed a lot of people off plus mccloskey is well respected in the community

No not all independents linked to dissidents , some no links at all and others have moved away from them in recent years

Ok SW. Thanks for  that.  It'll be interesting to see what happens in May.  Fight for final seat could be interesting.

I'm sure the little spides and hoods in creggan are raging against SF stance on abortion. Aontu will be obliterated north and south in my opinion.

Yes but I quoted a combination of independents plus pbp and aontú, local elections can paint a very different picture, not sure aontú have the budget to push a big nationwide campaign, the one candidate in Derry apparently almost self financing it, but Ballyarnett will be interesting , it includes Shantallow, galliagh , carnhill, skeoge and Culmore.

6 seater with Sinn Féin standing 4 candidates , sdlp 3 plus a strong independent, strong pbp and strong aontú candidate

Itchy

Quote from: smelmoth on April 21, 2019, 09:10:40 AM

Which fig leaf are SF abstaining from government on? ILA or RHI? RHI will have washed through by Autumn at the latest. That leaves ILA. A fig leaf for both  parties to dodge responsibility. Each adopt extreme positions that the other can point to as unreasonable and we just sit around and wait. The people can only let this shower away it for so long. Or maybe you think it is sensible to sit and wait?

Ok, so let's SF just walk into to government tomorrow with no compromise. Tell me what happens next. Do the dissidents just vanish. There is no logic to what you say.

seafoid

Parties that participated in Government  have been getting wiped out over the last decade in Ireland, France, Italy,Greece and soon the U.K.Also Labour in Scotland.

SF have no answer to austerity. Nobody votes for austerity
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Most people don't vote for or against austerity though in ni seafoid. You are trying to apply economics to an electorate who don't necessarily take into account economics when they vote. Maybe 32 county wide but certainly not 6 county wide.

armaghniac

But in relation to the ILA SF have not adopted an extreme position, but one that is so dilute as to be almost invisible.
There is no symmetry here.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

marty34

When SF pulled the pin on Stormont, they had the backing of the nationalist community - they should have pulled it down 12months before hand.  The DUP were out of control and there was no 'powersharing'. SF were compromising i.e. Martin McG going above and beyond but the aDUP didn't return the favour.

That's why SF pulled Stormont and don't want to go back.  They know the way the DUP played their game and SF believe their voters will not forgive them again.

The way you make it out is one side is as bad as the other!!

I think Martin McG honestly tried to make it work but the true ethos of the DUP has shone through.

So for me, it's no return to Stormont. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

Sheugh Water

Quote from: marty34 on April 21, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

When SF pulled the pin on Stormont, they had the backing of the nationalist community - they should have pulled it down 12months before hand.  The DUP were out of control and there was no 'powersharing'. SF were compromising i.e. Martin McG going above and beyond but the aDUP didn't return the favour.

That's why SF pulled Stormont and don't want to go back.  They know the way the DUP played their game and SF believe their voters will not forgive them again.

I think Martin McG honestly tried to make it work but the true ethos of the DUP has shone through.

Although I agree with your sentiments on DUP and that a stand had to be taken, it unfortunately is not helping areas like Creggan.

Derry and west of the Bann continue to be cut adrift in the meantime with an MP who hasn't got a clue at the helm. Very weak politician.

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on April 21, 2019, 10:00:54 AM

Ok, so let's SF just walk into to government tomorrow with no compromise. Tell me what happens next. Do the dissidents just vanish. There is no logic to what you say.

Did anybody claim that the dissidents would disappear?? What is your logic for even posing such a an incredible question???

SF have to set out something for the people of NI. Good luck to them if their long term strategy is simply to dodge decision making. Same applies to DUP

BennyCake

Stormont is finished.

The DUP know if they go to talks, they will have to climb down on ILA, gay rights and abortion issues. Of course, it seems like every Tam Dick and Harry in the whole country is in favour of gay rights and abortion. Which is complete bollix.

So what are the DUP getting if they return? Those are the 3 outstanding issues. They'll be made to look weak and cowardly. They know these 3 things will be passed in time, but better to let their British masters do that dirty work than they themselves.

Anyway, Stormont returning is pointless. DUP and SF are as bad as each other. A shower of pricks, the lot of them.

smelmoth

Quote from: armaghniac on April 21, 2019, 10:53:57 AM

But in relation to the ILA SF have not adopted an extreme position, but one that is so dilute as to be almost invisible.
There is no symmetry here.

I wasn't aware that SF had abandoned quotas. My local representatives refuse to rule it out and are actually arguing for it.

smelmoth

Quote from: marty34 on April 21, 2019, 10:58:47 AM

So direct rule in perpetuity??? That's the default. In that scenario the NI electorate outsource voting to the c60m in GB. Brilliant