Smoking

Started by T O Hare, December 10, 2008, 04:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

With the open display of cigarettes set to be banned, i was wondering what is the boards views on cigarettes.. personally i am not a full-time smoker but once i go out on the town or have a pint, i just have to have a feg and i have to admit it, I love it!!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Mickey Linden

I hate smoking but recently when I have a pint I always seem to end up smoking. Going to stop it in the new year!
I blame the smoking ban. A lot of my mates choke butts and I end up going outside with them when going for pints instead of sitting there on my own.

SidelineKick

I would take notions, some nights Id smoke a few, other nights I couldn't look near them.  Always regret it the next day.  Funnu though that you sometimes get the urge, would hate to be hooked.  Haven't smoked one in a good while now.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

fitzroyalty

disgusting habbit though when I've had a few pints too many I often induldge in a toak or two. I also blame the smoking ban for this, its like a new social thing to do, going out for a smoke.. :-[

T O Hare

The craic is always great in the smoking room!!!! another question on fegs.. why are regal filter only sold in the North!!!

SidelineKick

Quote from: T O Hare on December 10, 2008, 04:37:59 PM
The craic is always great in the smoking room!!!! another question on fegs.. why are regal filter only sold in the North!!!

Correct!! Went to Carrick-on-Shannon a year or 2 ago and never even went into the nite club we were at.  Craic was mighty outside!

Reported.

Mayo4Sam

I used to smoke for 10 years, stopped just before the ban 5 years ago.
Smoked 20 a day and up on 50 on a nite out, tried to give up time and time again, lasted a day or two, maybe even only a few hours, read the allen carr book one christmas and lasted about 4 hours.
When i eventually gave up it was no problem, decided on the sunday nite after new years, smoked all my fags that nite, went to work the next day and brought my lighter, thinking i wont go to the shop now but i'll prob get some at lunch, at lunch got a sandwich in thinking at least i'll be off them for a few hours, again going home decided just not to go to the shop, that evening was tough, sitting on my hands. 2nd day was easier and by the 3rd day no problem
went for a pint after about 2 weeks and left after about 5 or 6 cause i couldn;t trust myself but after that no problem.

Dont understand why that time was anmy different, i would say the allen carr book helped me even though i was a year later

after that i became one of those annoying ex smokers, i hate it, the smell on ur clothes when ur around one, people saying they enjoy it, u dont BTW!

In allen carrs book he has an empty chapter called the positives of smoking
i'd defo go along with that
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Hank Everlast

Myself and elcuervo went off them for new years and have lasted ritely, we both agreed that smoking when drunk/drinkn didnt really count as smoking.... however since october/ end of football ive noticed that i wud have the odd one here and there if offered which is a bad habit... gunna go off them all together in the new year

The Real Laoislad

I hate smoking,in fact I despise it..When I was single,I wouldn't go out with a girl no matter how gorgeous she was if she smoked..
Its a filthy rotten habit,and some smokers are obnoxious f**kers too,especially at a match if your sitting behind one,they don't care that everyone with in a 10m radius has to smell and breathe in their smoke.
It really gets on my nerves when you see f**kers throwing their fag butt out the window of the car or just flicking it onto the road as they walk.
It was the same in the pubs they would just blow the smoke in your face if you complained..
I was delighted when the smoking ban came..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Hank Everlast on December 10, 2008, 04:46:07 PM
Myself and elcuervo went off them for new years and have lasted ritely, we both agreed that smoking when drunk/drinkn didnt really count as smoking.... however since october/ end of football ive noticed that i wud have the odd one here and there if offered which is a bad habit... gunna go off them all together in the new year

Try telling your lungs that!

Reported.

Onion Bag

You can get them in Blaney
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

the green man

Quote from: SidelineKick on December 10, 2008, 04:41:30 PM
Correct!! Went to Carrick-on-Shannon a year or 2 ago and never even went into the nite club we were at.  Craic was mighty outside!

Passion?

The Real Laoislad

Oh and another thing,there is nothing worse than going for a pint with a mate/s who smokes,every ten mintues they are out having a fag and your left all on own at the bar looking like a loner  :'(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

T O Hare

Quote from: Onion Bag on December 10, 2008, 04:51:14 PM

You can get them in Blaney

A lot of places down south dont sell them as is the case in England!!!! But they seem to be the number one seller here

wherefromreferee?

Read a book about giving up the smokes a couple of Xmas' ago, did the trick.  Allan Carrs easy way to quit smoking or something like that.
In your Endo!