Kerry V Tyrone Fodder AISF 23rd August 2015

Started by never kickt a ball, August 02, 2015, 04:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Apart from a wild Braveheart minute or two for Tyrone in the aftermath of the penalty, I thought Kerry had this game in their control  and showed their class with their response to restore their advantage on the scoreboard. Kerry totally deserved the game today  just on the basis of their last 4 or 5 points.
Morgan lost his nerve (or something) in the 2nd half and that cost Tyrone dearly, re  kick outs and missed free kicks.

clarshack

Few great goal chances not taken plus McCurry and Morgan bottling the frees again cost us. Could have easily won that game. Deegan shafted us but that was to be expected. McNulty yellow was a joke - was more a pen than the first one. Thought there were men hanging off him ffs. Peter Harte also was rugby tackled by Enright i think and got a yellow card not black. Tyrone aren't far away and from what i seen today will win Sam again within 2 years. Need to bring in another few u21's next season, possibly lads like Kieran Mcgeary. Cathal McShane needs to get a proper chance too. Would play Mickey O'Neill in nets from now on. Tir Eoghain Abu!

Canalman

Intriguing game. The better team won.

Didn't think first penalty call was correct and wouldnt have given second one either.

Ref got  some card decisions wrong but basically evened themselves out imo.

Kealy's save was excellent .

heganboy

Very interesting game to watch for the neutral. Some excellent football, and some very poor football too. 4 points definitely flattered Kerry but Tyrone's finishing was surprisingly poor at times. Agree that should have been a red for the late cheap shot on Cooper, for the black cards not sure that there was a strong case for the second one. Tyrone Should have had the second penalty. Entertaining game but that Tyrone team could do a lot of damage next year. Kerry looked ropey at times - either Dublin or Mayo would fancy their chances based on that performance.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Wildweasel74

Dublin and Mayo woudlnt line up like Tyrone though so it a all new ball game the next day round

T Fearon

Reminiscent of the Dublin V Fermanagh game,only ever going to be one winner but referee with ridiculous penalty award costing me a bet with Kerry -4 :() keeping Tyrone in the game artificially.At last we are left with three real contenders

imtommygunn

Quote from: Syferus on August 23, 2015, 05:54:46 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 23, 2015, 05:51:27 PM
Tyrone can go on about the penalty not given but if you revisit the first one, many a time that one would never be given.

Thought the same, lucky with the given one and unlucky with the one that wasn't given. End result of the two was correct, even if the means of getting there was luck.

Agreed. Tierney bottled up on first one but not necessarily fouled. Second clear penalty.

Colm cavanagh great game i thought. Harte also took it to them.

Mickey harte had best tactics by a bit i thought - just perhaps that bit short on the players to execute them.

To be fair to fitz though- he recognised donaghy not working and changed gameplan. Also noticed chb not working as tyrone tearing through them and brought o'mahoney on.

Mayo4Sam14

What's the verdict on Kerry for the final against Dublin
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

muppet

Quote from: BennyHarp on August 23, 2015, 05:18:52 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 23, 2015, 05:07:00 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 23, 2015, 05:00:54 PM
Kerry comfortably the better side here . Tyrone have been well out of this in the second half

Nonsense. There is a big gaping hole in the middle of that kerry defense which has been exposed.

If mccurry was on his frees and they had taken a goal chance different story.

Right team won but nothing comfortable there.

Another piece of quality analysis by the boards resident spoofer. What percentage of scores from frees today statman?

Tyrone played exceptionally well today, give Kerry a much better contest than many of this boards experts thought they would. We created 5 goal chances and need to improve on converting these for next year. But we beat ourselves today on the kick outs and free kicks in the second half. Kerry are decent but they are not a great team. They are just a year or two ahead of us in their development but the exciting thing for me is that we are improving and hav plenty of good young players to add, roll on next year.

On a side note; how on earth did sky give man of the match to Donnchadh Walsh???

I laughed at that!

I expected him to be taken off at any time. He was blocked a few times, kicked the ball away and was generally poor, expect for a good point when I was typing a post that he should be subbed.

There seems to be a campaign to get the 'underrated' Donncha an All-Star this year.

He wouldn't make the Dubs half forward line and might only squeeze out Diarmuid on ours because he is a Rookie. But even that is debatable.

As for the penalties, the first one there was less of a tackle but it wasn't as obvious a dive. That is why I think Deegan went the way he did, even though the second one looked more of a foul. Personally I wouldn't have thought either was a penalty.
MWWSI 2017

reddgnhand

Fair play to Kerry better team I thought. There foot passing to the inside forwards was excellent.

From the Bunker

Donaghys Indian summer looks to have subsided. Cooper looked out of sorts. JOD ran and ran without doing what seemed a whole lot. Tyrone are a decent side. But they lacked the killer instinct. Believe me as a Mayo man I've seen years of this affinity. Kerry seemed to be able to push on despite being under pressure and not playing well. They never seemed to panic. I suppose deep down they knew they were better than this Tyrone side and they had a few more experienced players. Todays lack lustre win will take the hype away from Kerry. I think the winner from the Mayo/Dublin side of the draw will be AI Champions this year. The Media and GAA will want a Dublin/Kerry final.

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on August 23, 2015, 06:19:56 PM
Reminiscent of the Dublin V Fermanagh game,only ever going to be one winner but referee with ridiculous penalty award costing me a bet with Kerry -4 :() keeping Tyrone in the game artificially.At last we are left with three real contenders

This makes me smile

Jinxy

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 23, 2015, 06:24:15 PM
Donaghys Indian summer looks to have subsided. Cooper looked out of sorts. JOD ran and ran without doing what seemed a whole lot. Tyrone are a decent side. But they lacked the killer instinct. Believe me as a Mayo man I've seen years of this affinity. Kerry seemed to be able to push on despite being under pressure and not playing well. They never seemed to panic. I suppose deep down they knew they were better than this Tyrone side and they had a few more experienced players. Todays lack lustre win will take the hype away from Kerry. I think the winner from the Mayo/Dublin side of the draw will be AI Champions this year. The Media and GAA will want a Dublin/Kerry final.

He did plenty I thought.
Constantly showed for the ball and very secure in possession.
Kept it alive and looked to bring others into the game.
Put in a good shift.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

blanketattack

Great win. Kerry well below par and still won by 4. Will improve greatly for final.

Shamrock Shore

Just back from Croker - very entertaining fare but had Tyrone more nous around the goals and called a halt to the goalkeeper madness of him taking the frees (esp after the peno) in the second half then Tyrone could have made it. Some of his kickouts were appalling as well.

I thought the second 'penalty' was a penalty as I had a good clear view of it.

Sooner Kerry leave Donaghy in Tralee on big match days the better. He adds nothing and gets in the way.