NFL Fantasy Football - GAABoard Superbowl 2023

Started by AZOffaly, June 03, 2010, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Question

Yes
No

Capt Pat

I would like to join in again after giving it a miss last year.

Gabriel_Hurl

Bumped for TippAbu - I'm out this year - so he can have my spot unless there's a waiting list

tippabu

If there's a spot up ill join. How many teams do ye do?

Oraisteach

Tipp, it's run by AZOffaly, and he's on vacation, I believe.  It's divided into three divisions, with the top four teams getting promoted, I think, and the bottom four getting relegated.  The top two divisions usually have ten teams each, while the number in the third division often fluctuates.  So, just over 30 players, I'd say.

tippabu

Quote from: Oraisteach on August 08, 2015, 11:04:47 PM
Tipp, it's run by AZOffaly, and he's on vacation, I believe.  It's divided into three divisions, with the top four teams getting promoted, I think, and the bottom four getting relegated.  The top two divisions usually have ten teams each, while the number in the third division often fluctuates.  So, just over 30 players, I'd say.

that sounds different, how many in each division? I'm in one on a celtic forum, just 16 of us, 4 divisions but all in the one draft, top of each division goes through and then the next highest 4 overall scores. It's good but the draft is fair hard, gets thin real quick. Presume ye do the one on the actual nfl site?

RealSpiritof98

Have my 1st Draft  :o tonight through the NFL UK forum.

We used Yahoo, which going from my limited experience is the better site.

tippabu

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 09, 2015, 08:08:54 AM
Have my 1st Draft  :o tonight through the NFL UK forum.

We used Yahoo, which going from my limited experience is the better site.

The drafts are brilliant. Ive only ever used the nfl site, couldnt fault it, you can pretty much custimise anything you want and its good on game day as it upates as the games are on going. Is the yahoo one head to head matches too?

Fermanaghandsam

The NFL and Yahoo ones are very similar, basically the same in fact.

The Iceman

when AZ gets back he'll post the divisions and there are always a few open spots in the bottom division.
Great craic, good banter throughout the year and keeps you interested in all the games.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

AZOffaly

I'm back. I just need to find a couple of hours to sort us out.

heganboy

Im back in for another year of humiliation with one glorious week of defying the odds (imposed by my useless drafting skills)
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

OK, I'm thinking this might be the last year we do 'promotion or relegation' because it's f**king awkward :)

Can everyone please send me on your email addresses. If you finished in the Top 6 of the Montana Conference regular season standings, or the top 4 of the Payton Conference, then you are in the Montana Conference for 2015. (Unless I am in the top 4 of Payton, as I cannot be promoted or relegated).

If you finished in teh bottom 4 of the Montana Conference or in 5th or 6th in Payton, or in the top 4 of the Rice Conference, then you are in the Payton Conference for 2015 (again, unless I am one of the affected teams).

If you finished outside the top 4 of the Rice Conference, or are a newcomer, this is where you will play in 2015.

As I mentioned above, my team cannot be relegated or promoted as I need to be in the league to run it. Therefore if I am in a relegation spot or a promotion spot, only 3 people will be relegated and promoted, which may affect you. Apologies for that.

We need to draft, before the season kicks off on September 10th. We need about 2 hours to do a 10 team draft, and we do them evening time Irish time. Can you please send on suggestions if you have a particular preference.

AZOffaly

OK. I've done the analysis of the 2014 Tables, and the following are the teams in each division based on last year (REGULAR SEASON STANDINGS). If you own a team on this list, or I refer to you as a newcomer, please PM me your email address so I can invite/reinvite you to the correct league.

Joe Montana GAABoard Superbowl

1 - Ruthless Rossies (10-4 Division Champ)
2 - Smackdown Clowns (7-7 Division Champ)
3 - Coolera Bears (9-5)
4 - Savage Bears (8-6)
5 - New York Jets VIII (7-7)
6 - Faithful Turfmen B (7-7)
7 - Galway Bay Tribesmen (12-2 Division Champ in Payton)
8 - Red Hand Helmets (8-6 Division Champ in Payton)
9 - Crossmaglen Hitmen (10-4 in Payton)
10 - M4S Someday (8-6 in Payton)

Walter Payton Championship

1 - Colm O'Mealoid (6-8 in Montana)
2 - Hegan's Clowns (6-8 in Montana)
3 - Ballyhaise Bills (5-9 in Montana)
4 - Oraisteach's Browns (5-9 in Montana)
5 - L'Esprit de Biff (8-6 in Payton)
6 - Big Apple Orchards ( 7-7 in Payton)
7 - Faithful Turfmen (6-8 in Payton **Protected from Relegation)
8 - Antrim89 (11-3 Division Winner in Rice)
9 - Oakleaf Dolphins (11-3 Division winner in Rice)
10 - Sean's Team (10-4 in Rice)

Jerry Rice Championship
1 - Rehab is 4 Quitters (5-9 in Payton)
2 - Bear you to Shreds (4-10 in Payton)
3 - Gary O'Neill's Team (2-12 in Payton)
4 - Fermanagh and Sam (10-4, not promoted due to AZOffaly relegation protection)
5 - Troy PolaMAYO   
6 - Ushane's Bolts   
7 - Insane Clowney Posse   
8 - ronan's Team   
9 - david's Superb Team   
10-Geezers 49ers   
11-Mayo Monsters
12 Faitful Turfmen C

Newcomers in the queue (I think !!!!!). We've always managed to get everyone that wants to play in, so don't worry that you're not in a league yet...

gallsman
squire in navy slacks
Capt Pat (an old newcomer :))
tippabu