Unlocking Mobile Phones

Started by attheraces, June 18, 2011, 07:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

attheraces

Well was wondering if anybody could help me with this. I have a Nokia 6303 I bought over a year ago locked to t-mobile. I planned on getting it unlocked but was told it can't be done. I decided to retry today for some reason and the man in the shop told me it can be done but will cost £60. Which is ludicrous. I have looked on ebay and there is services that offer it for around £20. Then I looked at websites and they offer it for £3 but the reviews are dodgy, and supposedly you only get one chance at entering the code! Does anyone have any experience or advice for me on this? I don't wanna spend a fortune but don't want to wreck the phone either!
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

Candyman

It can be done, but certain firms own the licensing rights for the codes... 60 seems steep!! PM me with a few details...

Bud Wiser

" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Minder

Is an 02 pay as you go phone usually unlocked to any network?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

oisinog

Minder it would be locked to 02 so no other networks sim card would work with it.

A couple of places in belfast unlock them

Agent Orange

I would ask t-mobile for the unlock code. Tell them you are starting a new job down south and you want to put a southern sim in to it while you are there.

EC Unique

Used to be a pound shop in aughnacloy that done a few for me. Not sure if they Still do it.

Square Ball

in the Great Northern Mall in Great Victoria St there is a fella with a stall and he unlocks all phones I believe.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

fitzroyalty

What's the craic with unlocking iPhones... I am looking at buying one and might get one from the south and then unlock it and use an O2 UK sim, if that is possible?

qwerty123

Does anyone know of where to get an iPhone with Orange unlocked? I contacted OfficialiPhoneUnlock and paid £20, but I haven't heard anything from them for a few days.  Anywhere near Belfast/Magherfelt direction would be good.