China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Less than £25 quid I heard, quick enough turn around 2/3 days

I suppose the problem is when does it register you are positive?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Taylor on June 02, 2020, 04:29:05 PM
Thats going to be key - once you contain it on the island the key is to keep it out.
The problem is the leaders on this island will show little appetite to test/take temps at airports and ports.
Surely this should be the priority

Temps are not much help for this dose.
I expect the 26 county crowd would be happy to test if a suitably quick process could be identified, the NI crowd would want their precious union.

10 new cases in total on the island, this is definite progress if it sticks it for the week.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Hopefully our low figure isn't a result of delayed reports due to the Bank Holiday.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on June 02, 2020, 08:40:51 PM
Hopefully our low figure isn't a result of delayed reports due to the Bank Holiday.

Ours in the north would be spot on as we had our bank holiday last week  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Smurfy123

I think the south is a lag. It will shoot up tomorrow you would think.
Still and all positive steps forward.
The next week will tell us a lot

GalwayBayBoy

I imagine it will be up tomorrow alright but an increasing amount of evidence that this thing may be burning itself out slowly. Provided people are sensible.

Will be interesting to see if all the mass gatherings recently gives it a second wind in certain places.

armaghniac

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 03, 2020, 12:13:21 AM

I imagine it will be up tomorrow alright but an increasing amount of evidence that this thing may be burning itself out slowly. Provided people are sensible.

Will be interesting to see if all the mass gatherings recently gives it a second wind in certain places.

Yet Hong Kong had no cases for a week and then 9 pop up in an apartment block and they have extended restrictitons that were going to end shortly. Eternal vigilance is needed to stamp on these outbreaks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on June 02, 2020, 04:07:14 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 02, 2020, 03:49:14 PM
That's it radio. What both governments should now be working on day and night is maybe testing everyone that comes into airports. Or taking temperatures on arrival that could be a start. Throw everything into that as realistically that's the only way that it will spread again. It along with the tracking system. Long way to go but things are certainly looking better. We have shown the British government up for what they are. SHITE

British government have definitely got the virus response wrong. However, so far the economic response has been pretty good. If they continue the economy might be ok. A lot of other countries are in real trouble.

The set of economic packages is about the only thing they've got right, although all bets are off it a second wave hits and considering the numbers of daily infections they report that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Sweden better than Ireland? Naw thanks

Franko

Quote from: five points on June 02, 2020, 05:49:07 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on June 02, 2020, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: five points on June 02, 2020, 05:23:07 PM
The tourist industry is probably the reason.

It is - but surely its less damaging for the rest of the economy to support a semi-shuttered tourist sector than to go through this again.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I might be if my job or business was on the line.

What would be the logic behind that though?

Smurfy123

Hotels etc due to open July 20 I would say things will be very quiet that week so your talking July 27th that's 4 weeks realistically to make enough money to keep you going until March 2021
I can see lots of places going under from September on
Cafe shops pubs restaurants alike
8 more deaths in the north today only 8 new cases
Of the 8 deaths 7 were from weeks ago as far back as April 18 only 1 from yesterday.
A long way to go but certainly improving
The low cases is great to see

Captain Obvious

Penny has finally dropped it seems for Sweden. With their top epidemiologist Anders Tegnell admitting that too many people have died in their country they should have done more to prevent the spread of the disease.

They will now use start using the "test, trace and isolate" to combat the virus while the so called herd-immunity strategy is scrapped.

Maiden1

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 03, 2020, 03:01:14 PM
Penny has finally dropped it seems for Sweden. With their top epidemiologist Anders Tegnell admitting that too many people have died in their country they should have done more to prevent the spread of the disease.

They will now use start using the "test, trace and isolate" to combat the virus while the so called herd-immunity strategy is scrapped.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8379769/Professor-Lockdown-Neil-Ferguson-admits-greatest-respect-Sweden.html

There are no proofs, only opinions.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 03, 2020, 03:17:01 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 03, 2020, 03:01:14 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8379769/Professor-Lockdown-Neil-Ferguson-admits-greatest-respect-Sweden.html
"Sweden's coronavirus success" ah now...

As for the Daily mail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI&t=23s