China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 04:45:31 PM
15 ambulances currently queueing outside Antrim Area Hospital.

Director of operations has said they are providing care in the car park.

Several NI hospitals now over capacity.

The worst of this is yet to come

Any reports about covid numbers in there?

Hereiam

I think its more to do with being understaffed, I know first hand that the admissions set up in Antrim is very poorly staffed.
Also it never really said how many of the patients were in because of COVID symptoms.
A bit of scare mongering going on by the BBCNI Team.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Hereiam on December 15, 2020, 07:45:10 PM
I think its more to do with being understaffed, I know first hand that the admissions set up in Antrim is very poorly staffed.
Also it never really said how many of the patients were in because of COVID symptoms.

You can be certain Robin Swann will blame the people again. He's threading a very fine line there I feel.

Especially when its him and his fellow elected officials sat and took their money for 3 odd years and let this place stagnate.

smort

I don't think it's scaremongering from the BBC. They are rightly showing what state our health care system is in and if it's is like this now, imagine what it will be like post-christmas. It doesn't matter if they are covid patients or not, the hospitals are over capacity and the staff are exhausted and depleted

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yep

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: smort on December 15, 2020, 07:49:28 PM

I don't think it's scaremongering from the BBC. They are rightly showing what state our health care system is in and if it's is like this now, imagine what it will be like post-christmas. It doesn't matter if they are covid patients or not, the hospitals are over capacity and the staff are exhausted and depleted

You know what to do next election

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 15, 2020, 07:54:50 PM

Is there any group out there in the North that would actually do any better? No real government bar NZ  is coming out of this with any popularity.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 15, 2020, 07:56:42 PM

Is there any group out there in the North that would actually do any better? No real government bar NZ  is coming out of this with any popularity.

no other country had politicians sitting in their arses for 3 years driving their health services further into regression. Thats what's happening in Antrim

imtommygunn

The thing that worries me about media portrayal of the pandemic in general is how blame gets apportioned. We had an already very much creeking health service and now a pandemic pushing it over the edge. The fact the nhs hasn't the resource to deal with a pandemic is not purely because of COVID. A significant lack of investment is the key problem here. The health service has been in a state where COVID is the straw which is breaking it. It is obviously a significant issue however I am concerned that some of the main reasons we have significant problems are going to get swept under the carpet.

People going to house parties etc etc is not going to help but government policies on lockdown are a bigger problem, having no stormont for three years has significantly contributed and let's be honest the tories would have left us best case high and dry anyway but we are worse off than the high and dry. Also two week lockdowns are pointless. The CMO said it takes 2 weeks to see the effect so at best you are going to get a minor blip. That one week off was also one of the most ridiculous things you will ever see. Numbers either flatlined or grew and they have eased lockdown because of Christmas. It's ridiculous.

I also wouldn't be surprised if some medical professionals are trying to push this to the bbc as they are obviously creaking and more COVID cases will just be too much for them so they want lockdown "reinstated ".

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 15, 2020, 07:59:06 PM

no other country had politicians sitting in their arses for 3 years driving their health services further into regression. Thats what's happening in Antrim

That is true but it's a puppet government thats allowed so much but the reality is London calls the shots.

The hospital situation in my view was rotten before this, before the collapse
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

London allowed them to sit on their arses for 3 years with full pay. They only got off their holes when their salaries were in jeopardy. Says everything you need to know about the shower of hoors really.

armaghniac

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 15, 2020, 08:01:43 PM
The thing that worries me about media portrayal of the pandemic in general is how blame gets apportioned. We had an already very much creeking health service and now a pandemic pushing it over the edge. The fact the nhs hasn't the resource to deal with a pandemic is not purely because of COVID. A significant lack of investment is the key problem here. The health service has been in a state where COVID is the straw which is breaking it. It is obviously a significant issue however I am concerned that some of the main reasons we have significant problems are going to get swept under the carpet.

There are definite problems with the health service in NI. But Covid is a once in 100 year event, if you do not restrict its spread then you overwhelm any health service. A good health service will last another week or two, but you still run into the buffers, look at Germany closing all their shops 10 days before Christmas.

The mess in the 6 counties is largely the fault of the DUP who pulled that cross community stunt to open things up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

It is but the medical profession have had them warned. A pandemic is something that was predicted to come. That's not hindsight - they even did dry runs with the nhs.

On the subject of the dup and the one week it is not just that. If your policy is high numbers and you lockdown then the numbers were no different when we were locked down than they are now but it's ok because it's Christmas. There actually doesn't seem to be any policy. It's make it up as you go along. I know it can't be easy making decisions on this but opening up now to me is not a wise decision. One week these numbers merited lockdown and the next week the same or worse numbers don't. Doesn't make sense.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: BennyCake on December 15, 2020, 08:14:06 PM

London allowed them to sit on their arses for 3 years with full pay. They only got off their holes when their salaries were in jeopardy. Says everything you need to know about the shower of hoors really.

That and the nurses strike, the stirke that could have been avoided had Michelle o Neill gave the rise first time around. SF/DUP two cheeks of the wan arse in many respects. Rotten to the core.

marty34

I heard some guy on the radio today saying that the majority of 'rich' countries have made a mess of the virus.

Why?

Because they're too impatient and have a sense of entitlement and are always looking for a fast solution to everything nowadays - that's the life we're living in now.  Even we can't eat properly, needing all these drive through restaurants.

Not far wrong.