Sky TV

Started by Celt_Man, September 04, 2011, 01:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Happens quite a lot. My Sky bill was £90-£100 per month. Nowadays if you do a bit of research you can get all you want free online. Cancelled all my Sky accounts and only have broadband. A great site for android streaming is Modbro.com. only learning the ways around streaming free online but its def the way to go.

JimStynes

The dodgy sky boxes are right and popular nowadays! Full sky package including box nation etc works out about £11 a month.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: CD on August 03, 2014, 04:42:21 PM
Does anyone else lose their sky signal during heavy rain showers? Just been a real thunderstorm there and my signal was gone for the duration. Bit of a nuisance in a country like this!!

It is called rain fade, your dish is probably ever so slightly misaligned. Dishes are suppose to be set up to compensate for this.

Boycey

Quote from: JimStynes on August 04, 2014, 12:34:32 AM
The dodgy sky boxes are right and popular nowadays! Full sky package including box nation etc works out about £11 a month.

It can be got way cheaper than that, my sub is way cheaper than that. It was £27 annually but since the HD have been lost it's down to a tenner a year.

tyrone girl

Anyone care to point me in the direction of this?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 04, 2014, 10:12:43 AM

I would have assumed you had one of these already (powered by the neighbours electricity)  :D

tyrone girl

;D ;D If i knew how i probably would

Boycey

Quote from: tyrone girl on August 04, 2014, 10:12:43 AM

Just google cardsharing. You do need an internet connection and a sky dish but after that even simpletons like me were able to work it

orangeman

Is it possible to get a sky plus box that will hold a lot of hours recordings ? The standard boxes seem to hold only 40/50 hours worth of recordings.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2014, 11:24:56 PM
Is it possible to get a sky plus box that will hold a lot of hours recordings ? The standard boxes seem to hold only 40/50 hours worth of recordings.
http://m.shop.sky.com/mt/www.sky.com/shop/tv/compare/

orangeman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 21, 2014, 11:30:59 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 21, 2014, 11:24:56 PM
http://m.shop.sky.com/mt/www.sky.com/shop/tv/compare/

Many thanks Tony.

macdanger2

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 04, 2014, 12:29:17 AM
Happens quite a lot. My Sky bill was £90-£100 per month. Nowadays if you do a bit of research you can get all you want free online. Cancelled all my Sky accounts and only have broadband. A great site for android streaming is Modbro.com. only learning the ways around streaming free online but its def the way to go.

Just started looking at this too after a fella at work was on about it, sounds pretty decent. How have you been getting on with it??

Jim Bob

Pulled the plug on sky yesterday after 20 years. Big switch off next month. Which tv channels will remain and available to view anyway through the sky does anyone know?

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: Jim Bob on March 17, 2018, 02:38:44 PM
Pulled the plug on sky yesterday after 20 years. Big switch off next month. Which tv channels will remain and available to view anyway through the sky does anyone know?

you're about 10 years too late, no one has sky anymore, everything is available online.

should still have all the free satellite channels

Syferus

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on March 17, 2018, 04:28:43 PM
Quote from: Jim Bob on March 17, 2018, 02:38:44 PM

you're about 10 years too late, no one has sky anymore, everything is available online.

should still have all the free satellite channels

I don't even know many young people who don't have Sky or Virgin. Most live in house shares and the cost of a split sub isn't anything major. Cord-cutting is still a good bit from a saturation point.