Passport question

Started by Fear Boirche, May 26, 2016, 11:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: hardstation on May 26, 2016, 11:26:36 PM
Quote from: Fear Boirche on May 26, 2016, 11:19:16 PM
I'm filling on my passport renewal form and there's a space for a PPSN. I live the north so only have a National Insurance Number. I can't remember what I put down the last time - it was 10 years ago! Not sure what and can't get through on the phone to the passport office.
Just put down:
FTPPSNI
I have to say that was very funny
Careful now

omaghjoe

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on April 27, 2018, 09:39:21 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 27, 2018, 09:32:43 PM
I just done an online application. Really handy! Anyone applied recently? How long until it arrives?
https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/

Applied for a first time Irish passport last year, came in the post ten days earlier than the estimated ready date on the online tracker.

Is it for the Ulster Final?

screenexile

Pain in the hole!! I qualify because my Father was born in the wee 6 but even though I gave them his birth certificate as well as mine and my license they sent my application back.

Apparently I need my parents marriage certificate as well which they don't have (you didn't get one in Canada 38 odd years ago)

It's gonna take me another 2 months to complete my application. Would it go quicker if my parents had never been married?? I have them both barrels on the home but they insisted they need this document... pricks!!!

armaghniac

Is your father named on the birth cert? Just say that he wasn't married.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GJL

Quote from: Minder on April 27, 2018, 09:34:38 PM
Quote from: GJL on April 27, 2018, 09:32:43 PM
I just done an online application. Really handy! Anyone applied recently? How long until it arrives?

I did it in February, took about two weeks, probably longer at this time of the year. I also applied for the weans two weeks ago in the post office and they are due to arrive on 15 May.

Cheers. Checked the tracker there and it says on or before 11th May.

Don Johnson

I applied online two Mondays ago and it said it would take about three weeks online, came the Monday after. So handy.

Don Johnson

Quote from: hardstation on April 29, 2018, 08:59:26 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on April 29, 2018, 08:49:36 PM
I applied online two Mondays ago and it said it would take about three weeks online, cane the Monday after. So handy.
:)
Changed times.

True. I've has passport woes in the past...

gerrykeegan

Renewed online on Saturday. (Including taking my picture at home with phone) passport delivered today. Changed times indeed.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thebuzz

Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 02, 2018, 08:00:20 PM
Renewed online on Saturday. (Including taking my picture at home with phone) passport delivered today. Changed times indeed.

My daughter had a children's passport which ran out last year. As she is now 18 can we renew on line? Something tells me it couldn't be that simple for a first time adult passport.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: thebuzz on May 02, 2018, 11:58:29 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 02, 2018, 08:00:20 PM

My daughter had a children's passport which ran out last year. As she is now 18 can we renew on line? Something tells me it couldn't be that simple for a first time adult passport.
Q. I got my current passport for 5 years when I was under 18, am I eligible to apply online? Yes, if you received your current passport as a minor for 5years but are now 18 you are eligible to use this service. 

Looks like you can
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)