No - Typical Nordies causing mischief as usual
21 (13.4%)
Should not have to. GAA HQ should already have called a replay
106 (67.5%)

Total Members Voted: 157

Voting closed: January 26, 2023, 11:37:12 AM

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 26, 2023, 01:28:09 PM
I can't see this been replayed even if the GAA order one the final cud be null and void in the record books.

If a replay is decided upon by the GAA, then that will constitute an official fixture.
Should KC not play the replay, as they are "not interested", then they will be failing to fulfill an official fixture. Ramifications will flow from that (fines and suspension of the club for a period of time, I'd imagine).
The AI club title will then be awarded to Glen by way of a walkover.
By no means a moral victory for Glen but they would be recorded as All Ireland Champions for this year in the record books; if such a series of events took place.

If a replay is decided upon, KC will play it. I suspect their current stance is a effort to have their punishment demoted to a fine only.

Milltown Row2

What a way to lose it in the boardroom, there have been teams up and down the country that will have that feeling, history will show that they 'won' it but that won't be how they actually feel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

I doubt Glen would be happy with a walkover

tonto1888

Quote from: CK_Redhand on January 26, 2023, 12:57:32 PM
Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 11:35:35 AM
Quote from: trailer on January 26, 2023, 11:00:38 AM
What is the contingency if the GAA order a replay and KC tell them to go f**k themselves? (Which I think they will)

Some interesting views but if KC say they won't turn up and Glen do it will look wild for the GAA and Glen. Just imagine how it will look. Mostly likely is Glen refuse to replay it as well, claiming a moral victory and at least it doesn't look like a massive dose of sour grapes from Glen. If Glen really want to win it this way, (which I don't think they do) then KC should put the Cup on the bus and send it up to them.
Did trailer forget to switch accounts or why is he quoting himself? There was another tyrone poster fond of using sock puppet accounts recently.

I wondered the same thing

Cavan19

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on January 26, 2023, 02:37:46 PM
Quote from: Cavan19 on January 26, 2023, 01:28:09 PM
I can't see this been replayed even if the GAA order one the final cud be null and void in the record books.

If a replay is decided upon by the GAA, then that will constitute an official fixture.
Should KC not play the replay, as they are "not interested", then they will be failing to fulfill an official fixture. Ramifications will flow from that (fines and suspension of the club for a period of time, I'd imagine).
The AI club title will then be awarded to Glen by way of a walkover.
By no means a moral victory for Glen but they would be recorded as All Ireland Champions for this year in the record books; if such a series of events took place.

If a replay is decided upon, KC will play it. I suspect their current stance is a effort to have their punishment demoted to a fine only.

Can see not Glen not turning up either.

seafoid

A fine would be a joke. The KC win is banjaxed.

J. K. Galbraith:"The conventional wisdom"gives way not so much to new ideas as to "the massive onslaught of circumstances with which it cannot contend".

Good man Mullin. Fist pump that.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

joemamas

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 26, 2023, 01:45:38 PM
Yeah right, just another Muppet running around under dual accounts.

Agreed, IMO, the mods have let what was once almost required reading especially on a Sunday or Monday, as there were so many genuine GAA posters, to something that had become diluted/polluted with certain folks using multiple aliases.

Shame really.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2023, 02:40:36 PM

What a way to lose it in the boardroom, there have been teams up and down the country that will have that feeling, history will show that they 'won' it but that won't be how they actually feel
Ref conclusions cannot be questioned. How many ignored breaches of rule 6.44 have happened up and down the country, to the nearest 100 ?

trueblue1234

Neither club should deny a reply. It's a fair opportunity for both clubs. No one can turn back time and undo what happened so an opportunity to go for it again is the fair option.
If either club declined it, they are doing the other club out of the opportunity to win the game fairly. This may be tougher on KC as they were in a winning position, but at the end of they day, they were partly to blame, whereas Glen had no blame so it balances out.

Reply the f**king game and get on with it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

tbrick18

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 26, 2023, 03:46:00 PM
Neither club should deny a reply. It's a fair opportunity for both clubs. No one can turn back time and undo what happened so an opportunity to go for it again is the fair option.
If either club declined it, they are doing the other club out of the opportunity to win the game fairly. This may be tougher on KC as they were in a winning position, but at the end of they day, they were partly to blame, whereas Glen had no blame so it balances out.

Reply the f**king game and get on with it.

I'd agree with that.

Hereiam

I hear that Crokes have told Croke park that they will hand the trophy and title to An Glen if they will accept it.

JoG2

Quote from: Hereiam on January 26, 2023, 05:09:49 PM
I hear that Crokes have told Croke park that they will hand the trophy and title to An Glen if they will accept it.

Great news, wonder will some of the Glen team be able to take it with them on the stag do next week? Could push them over the luggage weight limit.. Another handlin to sort

Milltown Row2

Hmmm interesting, I wonder how the Twitter gang will take to that if it happens?

Will Glen go to Croke to accept it on the steps of the Hogan Stand?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

When did everyone realise that the game result didn't stand ?

Halfquarter

Where did you hear that ???