Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2020, 09:46:26 PM
Some capitulation by forest this last few games.

4-3 interesting. That free kick Arnold scored was never a free kick. Still hardly matters now.
They have been very poor lately, but that was sickening for them tonight. Were still in playoffs until Swansea scored in the 93rd minute, although Forest conceded another one anyway soon after.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on July 22, 2020, 10:16:03 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 22, 2020, 09:46:26 PM
Some capitulation by forest this last few games.

4-3 interesting. That free kick Arnold scored was never a free kick. Still hardly matters now.
They have been very poor lately, but that was sickening for them tonight. Were still in playoffs until Swansea scored in the 93rd minute, although Forest conceded another one anyway soon after.

Charlton also down thanks to a 91st minute Barnsley winner to jump above them. Wigan would have survived the 12 point deduction with a win tonight.

gallsman

If Lampard properly commits to Pulisic he's going to be really, really special. Perhaps saving him a bit for Sunday but can't see how you could start Mason Mount ahead of him.

Cunny Funt

Well done to Villa on staying up. As said already a big club with huge tradition that needs to stay in the Premier league.

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 26, 2020, 06:21:01 PM
Well done to Villa on staying up. As said already a big club with huge tradition that needs to stay in the Premier league.

Bournemouth and Watford should be suing hawkeye!
O'Neills Therapist

rodney trotter

'Cojones Deeney won't be retiring.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: gallsman on July 22, 2020, 11:13:14 PM
If Lampard properly commits to Pulisic he's going to be really, really special. Perhaps saving him a bit for Sunday but can't see how you could start Mason Mount ahead of him.

Mount is pretty good himself.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

quit yo jibbajabba

lurganblue

The great escape for Villa! I didn't see this happening at all before the Palace game.  Delighted, but by god there were some hairy moments over the last few games.

Gonna be a very busy month for all the teams now to be prepared for the new season.

Hound

Quote from: 02 on July 26, 2020, 06:36:59 PM

Bournemouth said the board are meeting this week to discuss just that!

Not 100% sure, but I think SheffU got compensation when West Ham stayed up after playing Tevez illegally, so there is some kind of precedent. There's no talk of position change  so no need for Villa fans to have any inkling of worry.

shark

Quote from: Hound on July 28, 2020, 06:18:18 PM

Not 100% sure, but I think SheffU got compensation when West Ham stayed up after playing Tevez illegally, so there is some kind of precedent. There's no talk of position change  so no need for Villa fans to have any inkling of worry.

Hard to make the case that a goal scored in the 40th minute of a game would certainly lead to a 1-0 full time score. I reckon they have no case whatsoever. Unless the FA just pay up to avoid the publicity headache.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: shark on July 28, 2020, 07:40:47 PM

Hard to make the case that a goal scored in the 40th minute of a game would certainly lead to a 1-0 full time score. I reckon they have no case whatsoever. Unless the FA just pay up to avoid the publicity headache.

But it's Hawkeye that made the mistake and admitted it. There'll be some level of compensation paid to avoid the bad publicity as you said.

Main Street

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 28, 2020, 08:21:14 PM
Quote from: shark on July 28, 2020, 07:40:47 PM

But it's Hawkeye that made the mistake and admitted it. There'll be some level of compensation paid to avoid the bad publicity as you said.
You'd think Hawkeye was an actual person.
A payout? would that not be admitting some liability?  And what is the relationship of the FA to this affair?
Unless the Premier League  have a Sepp Blatter on stage moment, I doubt if there will be any payout, Bournemouth have their parachute money.