Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2020, 08:16:51 PM
Seems City are concentrating on the FA cup, 16/5 Chelsea at home fighting for points seems a good bet

Bitta trumpet blowing!

Anyways long overdue league title for Liverpool. One of the best teams to have played football.

Can't see it being another 30 years, I thought after Ferguson left Utd would have won a title before Liverpool, not happening any day soon
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 10:43:30 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2020, 10:37:16 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 10:31:59 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2020, 10:09:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 10:03:51 PM
When you think of all the cra'p directed at Suarez for that goal line handball at WC 2010 qf. and here you have a similar incident in this game, an instinctive reaction in a high pressure game.

Tonight a high pressure game?
For Man City it was,  wasn't that obvious?
Any comment on the main point?

For Manchester City it was not, Title was lost many months ago. A more important game for Chelsea who are looking to secure a Champions league spot.
You missed the obvious, perhaps time to change your name?
How about Private Obvious?

I will so long as you change your name to Mr Silly comparisons.

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2020, 10:58:22 PM
When you think of all the cra'p directed at Suarez for that goal line handball at WC 2010 qf. and here you have a similar incident in this game, an instinctive reaction in a high pressure game.

For Manchester City it was not, Title was lost many months ago. A more important game for Chelsea who are looking to secure a Champions league spot.

Any thoughts on the hand ball incident tonight  in comparison to the ire directed towards Suarez at WC 2010 regardless of your erronious suppositions on how seriously Man City took that game tonight?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 11:03:21 PM

Any thoughts on the hand ball incident tonight  in comparison to the ire directed towards Suarez at WC 2010 regardless of your erronious suppositions on how seriously Man City took that game tonight?

None as I didn't watch the match.  A match I might have watched if it was high pressure game.

GiveItToTheShooters

Main Street

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2020, 11:56:48 PM

None as I didn't watch the match.  A match I might have watched if it was high pressure game.
You didn't even watch the game!!  Next you''ll be replying to a question in the movie thread about a film you haven't seen.

BennyCake

I wonder were Mendy and Gundogan allowed back on the bus to Manchester after that balls up?

RedHand88

Anyone who says it wasnt a high pressure game didn't watch it. The sheer desperation from Fernandinho said it all. Reminded me of spurs v Chelsea title decider in 2016.

NAG1

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 26, 2020, 10:36:43 AM
Anyone who says it wasnt a high pressure game didn't watch it. The sheer desperation from Fernandinho said it all. Reminded me of spurs v Chelsea title decider in 2016.

Any one who thought that was a high pressure game last night needs their head read. Chelsea were at it and needed the points to keep their CL plans alive, city relatively nothing to play for and it told.

Congrats to Liverpool great team and yeah it may have been 30 years but when their own fans are using the #unbearables kind of sums them up.  ;)

laoislad

+1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: NAG1 on June 26, 2020, 10:51:24 AM

Any one who thought that was a high pressure game last night needs their head read. Chelsea were at it and needed the points to keep their CL plans alive, city relatively nothing to play for and it told.

Congrats to Liverpool great team and yeah it may have been 30 years but when their own fans are using the #unbearables kind of sums them up.  ;)

What is this weird obsession people have with trying to downplay liverpool's moment? It's just strange.
Like I said, city were playing like a team with alot to play for. It's the only way they know. Pep looked crestfallen.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 26, 2020, 11:13:29 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on June 26, 2020, 10:51:24 AM

What is this weird obsession people have with trying to downplay liverpool's moment? It's just strange.
Like I said, city were playing like a team with alot to play for. It's the only way they know. Pep looked crestfallen.

He is a winner, of course it will have annoyed him. He'll be even more annoyed come next Premier League game.

If City had nothing to play for, or not treating it professionally, no chance Walker got back to do what he got last night - absolutely sensational clearance off the line.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Main Street on June 26, 2020, 09:08:47 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2020, 11:56:48 PM

You didn't even watch the game!!  Next you''ll be replying to a question in the movie thread about a film you haven't seen.

A reply was needed as you thinking that was a high pressure game for Manchester City was most bizarre.

Taylor

As a City fan I am not gutted over last nights game - the league was not lost last night.

It definitely wasnt a high pressure game for us - not even close to it.

We had nothing to play for.

We have a very good squad but are second to an exceptional team (not an exceptional squad - the Liverpool first team are right up there with any of the best teams)

BennyCake

Teams who run away with the title like Liverpool (or United in 2000 and 2001), rarely get the credit they deserve. Teams who win a tight, close race always seem to get more credit and are better remembered.