Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 08, 2020, 11:40:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2020, 11:25:11 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 08, 2020, 11:04:34 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 08, 2020, 10:03:15 PM
Do the 10 managers not appear in that link? I didn't pick them I'm just following the BBCs rules, don't overcomplicate things Milltown  :)

Man loves a debate boycey what can ye do

Blackburn and Newcastle were Kenny's main teams in the PL, Blackburn haven't done anything after he left. So I suppose you could give him credit but he was very poor at Newcastle

He also had a (weak) second stint with Liverpool.

Would forget about that episode, until Klopp came along Rafa was the best in the PL, really liked him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2020, 09:57:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 08, 2020, 09:51:30 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1247946754085052425?s=19

Rank the top 10 Premier League managers as picked by BBC

My attempt

Fergie
Wenger
Mourinho
Pep
Klopp
Ancelotti
Rafa
Ranieri
Dalglish
Robson

Is it premier league? As great a manager he was Dalglish wasn't a great manager

Not a great manager, he's a great manager!  :)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on April 09, 2020, 12:38:30 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 08, 2020, 09:57:19 PM
Quote from: Boycey on April 08, 2020, 09:51:30 PM
https://twitter.com/BBCMOTD/status/1247946754085052425?s=19

Rank the top 10 Premier League managers as picked by BBC

My attempt

Fergie
Wenger
Mourinho
Pep
Klopp
Ancelotti
Rafa
Ranieri
Dalglish
Robson

Is it premier league? As great a manager he was Dalglish wasn't a great manager

Not a great manager, he's a great manager!  :)

The question was PL, I don't think he was great in the PL, great in The old Div1
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Boycey

Not one taker? Strange lot when ya see some of the shite that provokes conversation on here...

J70

Fergie
Pep
Mourinho
Wenger
Klopp
Rafa
Ancelotti
Dalglish
Ranieri
Robson

Klopp will move up that list.

From the Bunker

To be fair Fergie and Wenger dominated for years. Only Mourinho upset that Monopoly! The gap between those three to fourth spot is huge With a Plethora of ''One Hit Wonders'' and Managers who overachieved with small budgets.

Never beat the deeler

Ferguson
Wenger
Mourinho
Guardiola
Ancelotti
Klopp
Ranieri
Dalglish
Benitez
Robson

As J70 said, Klopp will move up that list. To date he has only won half a PL. I think maybe recency bias and some club bias placing him v high on some people's lists.
Thought about putting the tinkerman above him, but I took the PL-in-the-post into account

Can't understand anyone not having Wenger #2. Revolutionary.
If he left a couple of years earlier I reckon everyone would have him up there
Ancelotti won Chelsea's first double, his team scoring over 100 goals in the process. He has the third best win % in the PL. Should never have been sacked imo

(edited as I spotted an error with Kenny below Rafa)
Hasta la victoria siempre

GiveItToTheShooters

Dalglish did not have a weak second stint at liverpool, he steadied the ship and won the league cup. The fact people have someone like Ancelotti above him because he won a double with an already strong chelsea team is hilarious. He has now ended up at Everton ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 11, 2020, 10:15:48 PM
Dalglish did not have a weak second stint at liverpool, he steadied the ship and won the league cup. The fact people have someone like Ancelotti above him because he won a double with an already strong chelsea team is hilarious. He has now ended up at Everton ;D

With Blackburn he'd plenty of money, and they needed a last day, crazy day to win it.

Newcastle were rubbish after Kevin stopped managing.

At Liverpool winning a league cup that no one wants isn't success.

With Liverpool before the PL, he was brilliant but that team didn't build on their past glories, bit like another team I know, you'd wonder why successful clubs allow things to slide when a successful manager leaves

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2020, 10:28:13 PM

With Blackburn he'd plenty of money, and they needed a last day, crazy day to win it.

With Liverpool before the PL, he was brilliant but that team didn't build on their past glories, bit like another team I know, you'd wonder why successful clubs allow things to slide when a successul manager leaves
f
1)They still won it, who cares whether it was the last day or not.
2)Wasn't his fault they were a sinking ship when he came in. He also guided them into the Champions League. Thats a success.
3)Liverpool were in no mans land at the time and he came in steadied the ship and won a league cup. Major trophy.
4) Every team has their day, Liverpool are rising again, and that club you speak of are sinking.

Never beat the deeler

The man hasn't managed more than 2 seasons at a club in 25 years FFs
Hasta la victoria siempre

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on April 11, 2020, 10:44:24 PM

The man hasn't managed more than 2 seasons at a club in 25 years FFs
Yet you placed Ancelotti 5th in the all time list of managers when he STILL hasnt managed more than 2 seasons in the PL.
Catch yourself on you hypocrite

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 11, 2020, 10:34:40 PM

With Liverpool before the PL, he was brilliant but that team didn't build on their past glories, bit like another team I know, you'd wonder why successful clubs allow things to slide when a successul manager leaves
f
2)Wasn't his fault they were a sinking ship when he came in. He also guided them into the Champions League. Thats a success.
3)Liverpool were in no mans land at the time and he came in steadied the ship and won a league cup. Major trophy.
4) Every team has their day, Liverpool are rising again, and that club you speak of are sinking.

Look at it logically and without the Pool glasses on. The post is about PL managers, not old division (where he'd be very high up on that list)

Mancini should be on that list if we use your logic of last day crazy results!

Not every team has their day, otherwise it would be an equal split of titles  ;D

He went to Newcastle and failed

He didn't steady Liverpool, Rafa had plenty success and better wins than Kenny, he came in after Woy and your granny coulda steadied the ship after him  ;)

But he was successful with Blackburn I suppose

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2020, 11:01:24 PM

f

Look at it logically and without the Pool glasses on. The post is about PL managers, not old division (where he'd be very high up on that list)

Not every team has their day, otherwise it would be an equal split of titles  ;D

He didn't steady Liverpool, Rafa had plenty success and better wins than Kenny, he came in after Woy and your granny coulda steadied the ship after him  ;)

Nothing about crazy last day results, it's not my logic, you mentioned it.  Your excuse was that he won it on the last day, he still won it.
Why wouldn't mancini be on it, considering halfwits have ancelotti on there. Mancini won more than Ancelotti in england with less of a team, but because he hasnt had the same career or the profile elsewhere hes the victim of bias.
Kenny got Newcastle into the CL with a weakening squad.
You haven't a clue. Benitez left years previous to Kenny, Woy near got us relegated ffs and Kenny came in an won us the league cup and steadied the club till Rodgers came in.
He also won a league cup with Celtic after john barnes' debacle.
If he wasn't a good manager or made the best of a bad situation then good luck

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 11, 2020, 11:16:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 11, 2020, 11:01:24 PM

f

Nothing about crazy last day results, it's not my logic, you mentioned it.  Your excuse was that he won it on the last day, he still won it.
Why wouldn't mancini be on it, considering halfwits have ancelotti on there. Mancini won more than Ancelotti in england with less of a team, but because he hasnt had the same career or the profile elsewhere hes the victim of bias.
Kenny got Newcastle into the CL with a weakening squad.
You haven't a clue. Benitez left years previous to Kenny, Woy near got us relegated ffs and Kenny came in an won us the league cup and steadied the club till Rodgers came in.
He also won a league cup with Celtic after john barnes' debacle.
If he wasn't a good manager or made the best of a bad situation then good luck

Newcastle should have won a couple of PL's they weren't the worst team.

Mancini should be on the list btw. Anyway these types of  lists are people's own views.