Premier League 2019/20

Started by Boycey, June 10, 2019, 01:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2020, 01:41:08 PM
They mustn't look back too far as I think there was an incorrect decision for a Liverpool throw in before their goal.

What if you get a red though and then var effectively  rules out that passage of play? Doesn't seem right for that yellow or a scenario like a red which could happen.

Was Andy Robertson's tackle looked at by VAR? It's looks a Stonewall red from what I see albeit only on Twitter on my phone.

Another one caught my eye yesterday in Utd game, ball crossed towards Mata who's a couple of yards offside. Flag doesnt go up cause linos are encouraged to let play continue so defender has to head out for corner. Had Mata scored it's ruled out for offside by VAR but instead Norwich must defend a corner which United may score from, hardly a case of helping the defending team....

Happened against United a few weeks back against Sheefield United who scored from the corner

imtommygunn

Robertson's wasn't a red at all watching it back though.i think some stills made it look bad but as a sequence never a red.

J70

Didn't think Robertson's was a red. They both went in the exact same way on the ball. Robertson just got there first and caught him on the follow through. Granted, the still photo of the contact looks bad, but it is not exactly a true representation of what happened.

A bit like the supposed Van Dijk handball before the Liverpool goal against Wolves. The still from behind looks bad, but the video from all angles shows he clearly got his arm out of the way and didn't touch the ball.

Boycey

It wasn't a still I saw it was a video on some journos feed, yis both must be related to my woman as neither answered the question I asked  :) I was curious to know did VAR look at it ...

Found tweet there but content removed due to copyright breach

imtommygunn

Lol. Good point. I don't think so. Is var not only for goals? Not sure I have seen it used for anything else.

From the Bunker

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 12, 2020, 05:54:25 PM
Lol. Good point. I don't think so. Is var not only for goals? Not sure I have seen it used for anything else.

Aubameyang Red vs Palace

imtommygunn

Oh missed that. Yesterday or first game of season?

Milltown Row2

City demolished Villa and Aguero becomes the best foreign striker and has scored the most hat-tricks?

Some player all the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Capt Pat

Robertson was not a red card not even a yellow card as he won the ball before contacting the player.

Boycey

Quote from: Capt Pat on January 12, 2020, 06:52:07 PM
Robertson was not a red card not even a yellow card as he won the ball before contacting the player.

Ah jeez that makes absolutely no difference

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Boycey on January 12, 2020, 07:05:35 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on January 12, 2020, 06:52:07 PM

Ah jeez that makes absolutely no difference

It does for Livarpool supporters  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

It wasn't even a foul. He got the ball and caught him on the follow through with the outside of his boot. Now the later one where he had a nibble at Alderweild was naughty...

Boycey

Getting the ball is of absolute no relevance to the situation at all.....

Still nobody has told me whether VAR was used, that's all I really wanted to know. It was a post about VAR more than anything else...

J70

Capt Pat

Quote from: Boycey on January 12, 2020, 09:29:17 PM
Getting the ball is of absolute no relevance to the situation at all.....

Still nobody has told me whether VAR was used, that's all I really wanted to know. It was a post about VAR more than anything else...

VAR were having a cup of tea according to Mourinho.