Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Not enough goals in that United team, when you look at the money spent. Only scored 6 more PL goals than Leeds
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Blowitupref

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 04, 2023, 10:58:35 PM
Quote from: Saffrongael on May 04, 2023, 10:08:56 PM
MUFC away record v Top 9 sides P8 W0 D1 L7

Brutal record

The only reason united  are  in the top 4 is because  the other  big teams ( Liverpool  Chelsea and Tottenham  ) are having brutal  seasons, particularly the last 2 teams . Had those three  been at the level of previous seasons , United would be  about 7th. 

So , I’m really not  convinced United are  that much  further on  now than they were  last year

The squad that United have is around top 7 but are currently 4th because of their home form which I believe only Man City,Arsenal have better home records. Chelsea,Tottenham will likely struggle to finish top 6 again next season, remains to be seen with Liverpool as will need a few good signings in the summer.  United also reached both domestic cup finals which is improvement on last year with early exits against teams they were expected to beat at home.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffrongael on May 04, 2023, 11:11:19 PM
Not enough goals in that United team, when you look at the money spent. Only scored 6 more PL goals than Leeds

The league is crap if they are only scoring 6 more league goals than Leeds who are fighting for survival
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenexile

League has been poor overall City have only shaken themselves in the last month and they're going to cruise it again with 90+ points.

Literally any other season this Utd team wouldn't be sniffing 4th Spurs/Liverpool/Chelsea have been an absolute disgrace

thewobbler

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2023, 11:19:40 PM
League has been poor overall City have only shaken themselves in the last month and they're going to cruise it again with 90+ points.

Literally any other season this Utd team wouldn't be sniffing 4th Spurs/Liverpool/Chelsea have been an absolute disgrace

Without fail, no matter what has come to pass, at this stage of the season people will be queuing up to tell us it's been a poor league.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2023, 11:14:38 PM

Brutal record

The only reason united  are  in the top 4 is because  the other  big teams ( Liverpool  Chelsea and Tottenham  ) are having brutal  seasons, particularly the last 2 teams . Had those three  been at the level of previous seasons , United would be  about 7th. 

So , I'm really not  convinced United are  that much  further on  now than they were  last year

The squad that United have is around top 7 but are currently 4th because of their home form which I believe only Man City,Arsenal have better home records. Chelsea,Tottenham will likely struggle to finish top 6 again next season, remains to be seen with Liverpool as will need a few good signings in the summer.  United also reached both domestic cup finals which is improvement on last year with early exits against teams they were expected to beat at home.

The cup  draws were  very favourable for United this season,  and  all were at home.  Mind you, they really struggled  past West Ham, and  Fulham capitulated  too.  Brighton  had the better of semi too. City will destroy them in the final  though I feel

Blowitupref

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 04, 2023, 11:43:11 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2023, 11:14:38 PM

Brutal record

So , I’m really not  convinced United are  that much  further on  now than they were  last year

The cup  draws were  very favourable for United this season,  and  all were at home.  Mind you, they really struggled  past West Ham, and  Fulham capitulated  too.  Brighton  had the better of semi too. City will destroy them in the final  though I feel

At home to West Ham and Middlesbrough was very favourable last season also but knocked out by both in the early round. How often in United's history have they reached both domestic cup finals in one season?

In past seasons 66 to 71 is Points was normally enough to finish 4th in the table. Man United only need to win three of their remaining five games to get 72 points.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 04, 2023, 11:55:34 PM
How often in United's history have they reached both domestic cup finals in one season?

This is only the 3rd time to happen. 1983 and 1994 other years, won one and lost one cup final those years the same will likely happen this season.   

Ed Ricketts

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2023, 11:19:40 PM

United have averaged 1.9 points per game this season. Should that follow through their final five games they will hit ~72 points.

72 points was comfortably enough for a top 4 spot in every one of the last four seasons.

Your statement is shite.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

NAG1

Think the team just need the season to be over at this point.

That Europa league is a killer especially with a squad that while it might be relatively deep in numbers is low quality.

Should be enough in them to stay top 4 secure CL football and let ETH hit the reset button.

Just on last nights game, yes Brighton were a great watch, but how many one on one chances were missed by United?
This is why while Rashford has been way better this season, I still dont think he will break into that next level at World Class Elite.

Hunt is on now for a CB, CM & CF IMO

Armagh18

Quote from: NAG1 on May 05, 2023, 01:56:51 PM

That Europa league is a killer especially with a squad that while it might be relatively deep in numbers is low quality.

Should be enough in them to stay top 4 secure CL football and let ETH hit the reset button.

Just on last nights game, yes Brighton were a great watch, but how many one on one chances were missed by United?
This is why while Rashford has been way better this season, I still dont think he will break into that next level at World Class Elite.

Rashford a great lad but don't think he's a number 9 or a top goal scorer for a main team. CF a massive priority for the summer. Better back up/rotation options are all thats needed for cb and cm. Maguire needs gone asap. A new goalkeeper would actually be my priority along with a striker in terms of weakness in the starting 11

AustinPowers

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 05, 2023, 02:07:21 PM

Rashford a great lad but don't think he's a number 9 or a top goal scorer for a main team. CF a massive priority for the summer. Better back up/rotation options are all thats needed for cb and cm. Maguire needs gone asap. A new goalkeeper would actually be my priority along with a striker in terms of weakness in the starting 11

Yeah I'd  agree with that .  And a midfield  enforcer/psycho.  Not sure  where you'd get one  though, as I don't follow  enough  teams to know.  United arent intimidating enough. Not enough  big  personalities. Most teams were beat before they went into  the pitch.  Nobody fears united anymore, even  at OT.

Rashford needs a  zlatan /Sheringham figure  with him up  front. 

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 05, 2023, 03:01:16 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 05, 2023, 02:07:21 PM

Yeah I'd  agree with that .  And a midfield  enforcer/psycho.  Not sure  where you'd get one  though, as I don't follow  enough  teams to know.  United arent intimidating enough. Not enough  big  personalities. Most teams were beat before they went into  the pitch.  Nobody fears united anymore, even  at OT.

Rashford needs a  zlatan /Sheringham figure  with him up  front.
Do you not think Casemiro fits the bill there? Looking likely to be Kane in the summer or maybe your man from Napoli but he'd cost an arm and a leg. Can't emphasis enough how much of a loss Martinez is to the team though not only defensively but carrying the ball forward and trying to build from the back. Serious blow losing him. 

Square Ball

Terrible mistake by Dav.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Milltown Row2

There is no excuse for that mistake...

United are poor
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea