Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Main Street

The goal was comical, there was a blatant obstruction,  the ref didn't see it that way as per usual practice, however  most everybody else thought it was a foul, even the Rangers' players thought so  and stopped playing, then  Maeda pounced on the loose ball.

From the Bunker

Rangers 55-34-27 = 116
Celtic 52-40-21 = 113
(and hopefully 1-1-0 to be added)

12 years ago

Rangers 54-33-27 = 114
Celtic 42-35-14 = 91

clarshack

Inverness have shocked Celtic 3 times in the cup that I can think of since 2000 (2000,2003,2015) so there can't be any complacency.

tonto1888

Quote from: clarshack on May 01, 2023, 02:04:39 PM
Inverness have shocked Celtic 3 times in the cup that I can think of since 2000 (2000,2003,2015) so there can't be any complacency.

There won't be. Hopefully

Dire Ear

Two good teams,  some nice football  Scottish Youth Cup final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65485674

bennydorano

Quote from: Dire Ear on May 04, 2023, 08:10:39 PM
Two good teams,  some nice football  Scottish Youth Cup final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65485674
Watched that, Rangers get penalty shocker, then the ref sends the same Rangers player off for 2 dives in the box :D,

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 01, 2023, 04:20:03 PM
Quote from: clarshack on May 01, 2023, 02:04:39 PM

There won't be. Hopefully
There won't be.

balladmaker

Back to Back League titles, effectively, 11 in 12 years, one game away from the treble.  Ange writing his name firmly amongst the greats at Celtic Park.

trailer

The most pointless league ever. Celtic to good for it but shite in Europe. Surely fans can't be happy with that?

An Watcher

Can only beat what is put in front of you and that is absolute shite.  Hopefully they can kick on a bit in europe but difficult to compete financially these days

marty34

Quote from: An Watcher on May 08, 2023, 10:02:40 PM
Can only beat what is put in front of you and that is absolute shite.  Hopefully they can kick on a bit in europe but difficult to compete financially these days

Wouldn't buy that. Loads of teams from so called weaker countries punch well above their weight.

That's the next target - be more consistent.  Had chances in Champions Lge. this year when it was 0-0 and didn't take them. Get away with that in Scotland but not in Europe and definately not in the Champions League.

bennydorano

I thought we played too adventurously in Europe, played the same way v St Mirren as we did V a European heavyweight, generally looked good in Europe, looked dangerous but so so vulnerable on the backfoot. Improving on the European stage has to be the N1 priority.

trailer

Quote from: An Watcher on May 08, 2023, 10:02:40 PM

That's true. But it must be 30 years since anyone other than Celtic or Rangers won that league. Aberdeen have just over half the points that Celtic have and they sit 3rd. (Celtic 95 Aberdeen 53) The idea that this is even a competitive league is ridiculous. What is the point in even celebrating these league titles?
Celtic are cannon fodder in Europe.

I always thought that forming a sort of euro league would suit Celtic and the other Scot teams. Along with say Belgium, maybe a few of the weaker Dutch teams then your Central and Eastern European teams.  Austria, Poland, Czech Rep, Romania. A non runner probably but the Scot league is dead as far as I can see.

BrotherMore6592

I'm sure they'll consider your suggestions very strongly  ::)

bennydorano

It was long discussed (how seriouslyI dont know), the Atlantic league IIRC.