TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonto1888

An older one but I found it on Disney last night; No Offence

screenexile

I think Succession stuck the landing that was class from start to finish!

An Watcher

Not a great final series in my eyes

lurganblue

Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2023, 12:10:22 AM

I agree.  I think they hit the sweet spot too. Not too long and drawn out.  I know there will be calls for more but i really hope they leave it alone.  Great TV from start to finish.  I really enjoyed the last episode.  Although you really couldn't root for any of the character as they are all hateful, i think they did reach the most satisfying conclusion with the show.

statto

Watched Malpractice on ITV thought was decent drama in relation to a Doctor who had issues with drug problem in past. 

screenexile

jcpen

Not a huge cycling fan but the Tour de France documentary on Netflix is brilliant.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: jcpen on June 11, 2023, 05:46:49 PM
Not a huge cycling fan but the Tour de France documentary on Netflix is brilliant.

Have watched a couple episodes so far, brilliant stuff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

tbrick18

Binge watched the whole thing over the last few weeks.
Fantastic show.
Not a single likeable character in the whole thing made it.

AustinPowers

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 14, 2023, 10:47:47 AM

Binge watched the whole thing over the last few weeks.
Fantastic show.
Not a single likeable character in the whole thing made it.

I found thats  what made Breaking bad a hard watch .  All unlikeable  characters . Nobody to  root for. I have to be cheering  somebody on

toby47

That 5 part BBC documentary on the troubles at the minute is very good. 'Once upon a time in Northern Ireland'

dec

Quote from: toby47 on June 14, 2023, 12:49:29 PM
That 5 part BBC documentary on the troubles at the minute is very good. 'Once upon a time in Northern Ireland'

It is also available in the US on PBS. I watched it with my family, it is probably the first real exposure my kids had to the Troubles.

tbrick18

I finally finished Ted Lasso.
I really enjoyed it. Funny show, cheesy as anything and can touch a nerve while still being lighthearted.

An Watcher

Watched the first episode of Ten Pound Poms last night.  Not bad.  Worth sticking with?

screenexile

Quote from: dec on June 14, 2023, 02:15:55 PM
Quote from: toby47 on June 14, 2023, 12:49:29 PM

It is also available in the US on PBS. I watched it with my family, it is probably the first real exposure my kids had to the Troubles.

Very very well done I'm in the middle of it here now.

Obviously it's people's versions of what happened but they've captured the internal conflict so well. The interviewees have all seemingly 'changed' but the sectarianism is still there if you scratch the surface!