Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Been to a number of eurocamps but never duinrell.  I've never heard a bad report about it though.  Meant to be excellent.  I would always be concerned about the weather there but I'm sure it caters fir that too.  Think they've a huge indoor pool

urbangael

yeh Duinrell that's the one, their website makes it look great but it easy to do false marketing!  Would like to hear from someone who has been. fingers crossed for the weather

armaghniac

Quote from: urbangael on May 24, 2023, 09:22:53 AM
yeh Duinrell that's the one, their website makes it look great but it easy to do false marketing!  Would like to hear from someone who has been. fingers crossed for the weather

Well the reviews are positive in general. You get some fake reviews, but not 1300 of them from people with other reviews.
https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g227920-d580988-Reviews-Duinrell-Wassenaar_South_Holland_Province.html
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Mhic Easmuint

We were in Duinrell at Easter there.  Great spot.  The whole theme park attractions included and the indoor pool with all the slides as well.  We had booked direct with them and were in one of their Premium Plus Duingalows - it was great.  Weather wise when we were there it was dry most of the time, but one afternoon it was wet, we put the coats on and continued through the theme park - not a queue in sight.  Would definitely recommend, kids had a ball!

5times5times

Any honeymoon recommendations for Asia? ~10/14 days and any local companies?

armaghniac

I heard that Ian Óg Paisley enjoyed Srí Lanka.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

pbat

Quote from: 5times5times on May 26, 2023, 04:13:53 PM
Any honeymoon recommendations for Asia? ~10/14 days and any local companies?

Done Bali last October 16 nights unreal, used Clubworld in Newry

God14

with covid and what not, we havnt been on a family holiday since 2019. Heading to Majorca soon. Ive heard about revolut cards, but never had one. Is that the best way to take travel money these days?

imtommygunn

I've used Monzo but I think it's much of a muchness. Yeah I find it pretty good.

I wouldn't use it day to day but am just back from holiday and put some money into the monzo account and used it. The exchange rate seemed pretty good. My credit card isn't bad either.

bennydorano

If you've the Revolut free version (as opposed to £7 pm or whatever it is) you need to be careful loading up your card and then making multiple transactions- especially at weekends, seems to be charges for any currency exchange transactions / cash withdrawals if done at weekends now whereas its free (up to a certain amount per month) if done mid week.

gawa316

Quote from: David McKeown on May 09, 2023, 01:48:56 AM
Quote from: gawa316 on March 20, 2023, 08:01:53 PM
Anyone ever been to the Murcia area? Any 'must do's or see's'?

The wife and 3 kids (13, 10, & 8) will be in tow

Spent a lot of time in the Murcia area as I have family over there. I find it a great spot. Unfortunately the Mar Menor has become very polluted in recent years which is a great pity as it used to be a great spot for water sports so I would avoid beaches on it.

Apart from that Murcia is a nice city with a bit of culture. Cartagena with its Roman amphitheatre and first submarine is a good spot too.

Plenty of good golf in the area too if you are into that.

You aren't too far from Alicante and dare I say it Benidorm if that interests you or the kids. I only go there for the theme and water parks (there's a decent water park in Murcia as well) but each to their own.

Food is great in the area and depending on where exactly you are there are some great restaurants in small towns nearby.

Loved this area. Spent a week and crammed so much in...Zoo in Murcia (water park only opened end of May), mud baths at San Pedro, Cartagena (what a City!), beaches, La Manga, Sierra Espuna National park, secret waterfall and swimming hole near Bullas etc etc

markl121

Quote from: bennydorano on June 01, 2023, 04:50:23 PM
If you've the Revolut free version (as opposed to £7 pm or whatever it is) you need to be careful loading up your card and then making multiple transactions- especially at weekends, seems to be charges for any currency exchange transactions / cash withdrawals if done at weekends now whereas its free (up to a certain amount per month) if done mid week.
as long as you have the money converted in your account then its fine.

God14

Thanks for that, think I'll get one here

gawa316

Looking to do a Florida trip next year. Any recommendations on what parks to do and how to book them? Would like a week in the Kissimmee area and then to Clear Water for a week.

I see Disney now has 4 parks and want to do Universal & Island Adventure. Can't do all in a week or even afford it so what would be 'must do's? Kids ranging in age from 6-15 yrs old.

RedHand88

Quote from: gawa316 on June 06, 2023, 09:44:40 PM
Looking to do a Florida trip next year. Any recommendations on what parks to do and how to book them? Would like a week in the Kissimmee area and then to Clear Water for a week.

I see Disney now has 4 parks and want to do Universal & Island Adventure. Can't do all in a week or even afford it so what would be 'must do's? Kids ranging in age from 6-15 yrs old.

Magic kingdom is a must. Mgm studios is ok. Some good stuff for older children. You could give the other two a miss if you're stuck for time.
Prepare your day the week before. Order fast passes. These are free and will let you skip the queue for a ride if you go at a certain time slot. You can save HOURS of your day doing this (seriously).
They only let you get so many fast passes a day (might be 3, it's been a while) so save it for the busiest stuff. For anything you aren't fast passing, start at the back of the park in the morning and work your way towards the entrance. Everyone else will be doing it in the opposite direction.

Go to Universal studios! The 15 year old will thank you. Its fantastic and is alot cheaper than Disney. They should have a similar queue jump pass system. The Harry Potter stuff is really really good.
I've been to them all a few times so shout if you arent sure of anything.