Second bite at cherry for provincial winners

Started by maddog, December 11, 2006, 12:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: never kickt a ball on December 12, 2006, 09:47:18 AM
you forgot " Tyrone born full forwards can only play for Tyrone" :)

In that case, the Tyrone team can only last for a few more years unless women that having their babies at home!

Testing Accessibility

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSurely Kerry would be welcoming an extra game, 4 proper games in one championship season to regain / retain sam would be a novelty at least.

I suppose you are right. Hammering weaker teams like Armagh by 8 points is pointless really. Sure, even Waterford gave us a better game.

Mike Sheehy

And while we are at it, Armagh have been whinging incessantly in recent years about how the provincial winners are disadvantaged.

The GAA then think about changing the rules to rectify this and, lo and belod, onto the board come the Armagh conspiracy theorists to say its a a dastardly plot by Frank Murphy to favor Cork !!

Do ye not see the irony at all ?

Spiritof98

the 2 mikes - Ye boys are getting worse than the Tyrone lads.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

ONeill

Get rid of the provincials. An open draw. Provincials don't make sense anymore. You can be the best in the province but another county in your province can be the best in Ireland. We're only holding onto them for nostalgic reasons.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

turk

It's getting to the stage where they'll be moving the goalposts every couple of years as someone is regarded as not getting a crack of the whip.