Shoot to Kill 1982

Started by Donagh, June 29, 2007, 01:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SammyG

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 20, 2007, 03:03:17 PM
Well, the bottom line is to me is that obviously the events of November 1982, whether they involved the murders of unarmed IRA members or civilians in the north Armagh area warranted investigation and the re-opening of the case by Nuala O'Loan (whatever people's thoughts are of her or her organisation) and the possibility of releasing the Stalker report for all to see are positive steps.

We can argue in here all day about the rights and the wrongs - let's see the reports.

Totally agree.

MW

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on July 20, 2007, 01:48:01 PM
With respect, MW, what is the point of the law, then, if members of the state's security forces could just go around and shoot anybody they suspected of being in an illegal organisation.

The events referred to in 1982 were an extremely rare occurrance though - this sort of event hardly ever took place during the Troubles. They couldn't and didn't just go around shooting anyone they suspected, or indeed those they knew to be paramilitaries.

(as an aside, it's almost always overlooked that there were three incidents, not two in this series in 1982-83 - one of them involving UVF terrorists being shot by the police).

Donagh

A poster on another thread just reminded me there about this one which has been recently updated:

http://www.shoottokill25.org/

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MW on July 20, 2007, 04:28:55 PM
The events referred to in 1982 were an extremely rare occurrance though - this sort of event hardly ever took place during the Troubles. They couldn't and didn't just go around shooting anyone they suspected, or indeed those they knew to be paramilitaries.
::) ::)
sweet sufferin santimonious lord divine jaysus

MW

Tell me when else events of this type took place then?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 03:16:10 PM
whole ethos and MO from mid 60's onwards starting with the B specials...but obv this kind of thing never happened etc ::)

MW

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2007, 03:25:23 PM
whole ethos and MO from mid 60's onwards starting with the B specials...but obv this kind of thing never happened etc ::)

You're going to have to be more specific than that.

his holiness nb

Yeah scrap the working afternoon and give him a detailed report of the troubles  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 03:26:33 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 31, 2007, 03:25:23 PM

You're going to have to be more specific than that.
why did I think when posting that last time, that I was going to be harrangued for 'time, date, actual persons involved, colour of underpants worn - or else we wont beleive you'

if you dont understand (or accept) the very first case of this shoot to kill crap at the very outset of the 'troubles' (or 'war on taigs')
then you wont want to hear anything else - and lets face it no matter what I say you and your ilk wont believe it

so
B specials. and it went on from there...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 31, 2007, 03:31:25 PM
Yeah scrap the working afternoon and give him a detailed report of the troubles  ::)
yer joking
no such thing as the 'troubles'
just a rake of troublesome taigs trying to attack the innocent orange order, similar decent institutions and good time guys such as that ..

::)

MW

Even one or two instances would do for starters...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 03:43:09 PM
Even one or two instances would do for starters...
B specials - ever hear of them?
or do you stick your head in the sand again?

MW

That's the name of an organisation, not an event.

When then did they allegedly 'take out' a terrorist or terrorists in a similar incidents to those of 1982?

his holiness nb

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 03:49:43 PM
When then did they allegedly 'take out' a terrorist or terrorists in a similar incidents to those of 1982?

Jesus H Christ, I thought you lads knew your history, yet any time anything is referred to in debate you need to be told the story all over again  ::)

Did you not pay attention in class?
Ask me holy bollix

lynchbhoy

Quote from: MW on July 31, 2007, 03:49:43 PM

ok this once
the bogside 'extermination' of 1969
and various incidents leading up to their disbanding
culminating I suppose with bloody sunday
but thats the few from the start of the 35 years war

read a few books blokey - you might learn something.