FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Started by laoislad, April 01, 2022, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPGJOHNNYG

It's not about Ireland, although they should certainly have an easier chance of qualifying for the 48 team world cup than they will. You only have to see a team like Italy not being there and some of the muck that is there and that is with only 32 teams and realise there is a big problem.

Gmac

From my years on this site and judging by how liberal most opinions are here I'm sure 95%+ cannot be watching this competition hosted by country that bans homosexuality and treats women and minorities  like dirt ? I for one will not be watching who's with me ? time to make a stand against this type of regime.

thewobbler

And the history of sport is full of scenarios in which some of the best competitors get knocked out before the competition gets serious.

——

Btw I do think that any former winners of the WC should automatically qualify.

Problem is that same countries would then complain that they don't have competitive football for two years in the lead up to a WC. Which, if implemented, means there's always a chance some won't qualify.

—-

Sport isn't fair. It's not perfect.

If it was either, it would be no fun to watch.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on November 20, 2022, 03:18:23 PM
From my years on this site and judging by how liberal most opinions are here I'm sure 95%+ cannot be watching this competition hosted by country that bans homosexuality and treats women and minorities  like dirt ? I for one will not be watching who's with me ? time to make a stand against this type of regime.

I'll be watching it once the hurling is over....

Are you saying by watching it you are happy with how this country runs it's affairs?

You'd be leaving the states if you had high standards but I doubt you do

We wouldn't watch most sports nowadays if we applied your logic, but something tells me you're acting the dick
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JPGJOHNNYG

JPGJOHNNYG

Ffs they have paid the refs too

laoislad

No goal!
This World Cup is gonna be great craic!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Armagh18

Var man must have got s nice bung there

From the Bunker

The Corruption continues.................................

RedHand88

AustinPowers

Here, just hand Qatar  the trophy now

That was laughable   ::)

dec

I am watching with Spanish commentary, what was the goal disallowed for?

laoislad

Quote from: dec on November 20, 2022, 04:11:41 PM
Nobody knows! George Hamilton very confused !
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

RedHand88

Quote from: dec on November 20, 2022, 04:11:41 PM

Offside.... apparently.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now