Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2021, 07:59:07 PM
Yeah only Trump is to blame tbh.

There is probably a point in there on Twitter but Morgan went too far. He has always been pushing boundaries. Just like he came back from the Iraq photos he will come back from this. He's a guy that deserves no sympathy.

Giving the go ahead to tap a dead girls phone takes some beating all the same.

He's an odious individual.

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: johnnycool on March 12, 2021, 03:31:45 PM

There is probably a point in there on Twitter but Morgan went too far. He has always been pushing boundaries. Just like he came back from the Iraq photos he will come back from this. He's a guy that deserves no sympathy.

I thought more would have been made of him haranguing his colleague for wearing a mini skirt on the same day but it seems to have been pushed aside.

johnnycool

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 12, 2021, 03:34:15 PM

I thought more would have been made of him haranguing his colleague for wearing a mini skirt on the same day but it seems to have been pushed aside.

That was car crash alright and as you say pushed aside but you might expect it to get an airing again with the big push to raise awareness in the male population in how we behave towards our female colleagues in the work environment and in public since the murder of Sarah Everard.

Milltown Row2

I'm looking forward to the words, zealot, nazi, fascists, right wing looney, trumpest, racist and so on tomorrow.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

trailer

Maybe the shithead will have found a f**king hobby.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 14, 2021, 05:33:14 PM
What about the flu in 2018?

Yes, how could I forget along with those greedy big f**king pharma's

The fact that the south has dropped the Oxford vaccine it'll provide more craic!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

tonto1888

Quote from: johnnycool on March 12, 2021, 03:37:58 PM
Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 12, 2021, 03:34:15 PM

That was car crash alright and as you say pushed aside but you might expect it to get an airing again with the big push to raise awareness in the male population in how we behave towards our female colleagues in the work environment and in public since the murder of Sarah Everard.

Hopefully it does because it was very poor from Morgan

imtommygunn

He always came across as fairly untouchable and could say / do what he wants. He definitely has went way beyond the boundaries of acceptable on a number of things but seems a bit like like teflon. You seem to get individuals who get away with a lot more than others - must know where the bodies are buried.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2021, 09:07:42 AM
He always came across as fairly untouchable and could say / do what he wants. He definitely has went way beyond the boundaries of acceptable on a number of things but seems a bit like like teflon. You seem to get individuals who get away with a lot more than others - must know where the bodies are buried.
Because he boosted ratings for GMB and on a channel driven by advertising revenue it is clear he made them money. He was hired to generate viewers/revenue - all it needed was for 1 person on Twitter to say something ridiculously "woke" and GMB/Morgan got a couple of hours out of it the next day. He did get kudos for holding ministers' feet to the fire over Covid, however ALL of those grandstanding interviews were about him rather than the message

johnnycool

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2021, 09:16:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2021, 09:07:42 AM
Because he boosted ratings for GMB and on a channel driven by advertising revenue it is clear he made them money. He was hired to generate viewers/revenue - all it needed was for 1 person on Twitter to say something ridiculously "woke" and GMB/Morgan got a couple of hours out of it the next day. He did get kudos for holding ministers' feet to the fire over Covid, however ALL of those grandstanding interviews were about him rather than the message

He did that alright but his interviewing technique/bullying is terrible to watch. Better interviewers don't let these Gov ministers waffle on but at the same time don't talk over them.

Oh for the days of Paxman, he'd have had a field day with them.

imtommygunn

Yeah exactly. A self absorbed twat.

Most would never have recovered from the Iraqi photos though so I always wondered how he was able to reinvent himself. The media basically choose who is ruined. You look at Ant from Ant and Dec and the drink driving. Many would have been ruined if they had done that. Not that I watch their show but from what I can gauge it's back on TV like nothing happened. Same kind of thing here. It's who you are, who you know and perhaps what you know about who you know lol.

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2021, 09:21:19 AM
Yeah exactly. A self absorbed twat.

Most would never have recovered from the Iraqi photos though so I always wondered how he was able to reinvent himself. The media basically choose who is ruined. You look at Ant from Ant and Dec and the drink driving. Many would have been ruined if they had done that. Not that I watch their show but from what I can gauge it's back on TV like nothing happened. Same kind of thing here. It's who you are, who you know and perhaps what you know about who you know lol.

Barrymore is the one that took me to the cleaners. Utter sc**bag but was given a few chances to relaunch his career but alas the public didn't forgive just as quickly.

There does seem to be media darlings as you say are untouchable but the hypocrisy alive and well in media and political circles as you only have to look at the double standards afforded to Sturgeon for breaking a ministerial code for allegedly deceiving the Scottish Parliament and yet Boris de Pfiffle does it week in week out in Westminster and even refuses to correct the record when he's caught out.

imtommygunn

Corbyn another one in the political sphere - it was all very orchestrated against him.

Johnson is another level altogether. You could fill a book with stuff he has said / done that others would be destroyed for. You'd be quicker writing a book on truths he's told than lies he's told :o