Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

The people coming on her shows know what they are going to get.. the producers of those shows have obviously wanted that reaction otherwise they would hire someone else. Its not her that's at fault, its the makers of the shows that hire her.

Personally I couldn't care less if she's 'cancelled' but we could shift through some shite on anyone and ban them too, this 'crusade' is a bit of a McCarthy witch hunt!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2021, 03:51:27 PM
The people coming on her shows know what they are going to get.. the producers of those shows have obviously wanted that reaction otherwise they would hire someone else. Its not her that's at fault, its the makers of the shows that hire her.

Personally I couldn't care less if she's 'cancelled' but we could shift through some shite on anyone and ban them too, this 'crusade' is a bit of a McCarthy witch hunt!

I don't care either.

My point is that she found a lot of success through that personality and expressing those views, whether it was genuine or an act. What brought her great fame and fortune back then may have negative repercussions for her now.

If the audience for Countdown doesn't like what she did and thinks someone else should have the job, they're perfectly entitled to voice those opinions and, if they see fit, boycott the show. Its up to the producers to decide whether its worth it to go with Robinson (and it might well be, ratings-wise).

Gmac

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 05, 2021, 07:47:48 AM
That would be a yes then
my kids go to school and play sports with Asian,  black , Latino , Polynesian kids every day of the week they make up their own minds and judge people one at a time .
Calling 74m people who voted for a republican candidate white supremacists is much more dangerous and damaging to kids and it's on tv practically every day with no push back .

tonto1888

Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 04:10:37 PM
That would be a yes then
my kids go to school and play sports with Asian,  black , Latino , Polynesian kids every day of the week they make up their own minds and judge people one at a time .
Calling 74m people who voted for a republican candidate white supremacists is much more dangerous and damaging to kids and it's on tv practically every day with no push back .

Sounds terribly like the old 'I have black friends therefore...' argument

Gmac

Quote from: tonto1888 on March 05, 2021, 04:22:42 PM
That would be a yes then

not as many as you probably, where do you live ?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: J70 on March 05, 2021, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 05, 2021, 03:51:27 PM

I don't care either.

My point is that she found a lot of success through that personality and expressing those views, whether it was genuine or an act. What brought her great fame and fortune back then may have negative repercussions for her now.

If the audience for Countdown doesn't like what she did and thinks someone else should have the job, they're perfectly entitled to voice those opinions and, if they see fit, boycott the show. Its up to the producers to decide whether its worth it to go with Robinson (and it might well be, ratings-wise).

The producers did decide, its them that hire based on how they see the show going, countdown isn't for the cancelled crowd anyhow. If she didn't work tomorrow she wouldn't be missed nor would she need the money I'd imagine.

You hire someone like her or that other clampit from Who wants to be a millionaire (can't even think his name) then you are hiring because of their personality be it fake or real
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: RedHand88 on March 05, 2021, 07:52:57 AM
2021 logic.

Bad
Mr Potato Head
Dr Seuss
The Weakest Link

Good
Cardi B - WAP

Who is currently praising a rap song that was released 8 months ago?

RedHand88

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 05, 2021, 06:22:35 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on March 05, 2021, 07:52:57 AM
2021 logic.

Bad
Mr Potato Head
Dr Seuss
The Weakest Link

Good
Cardi B - WAP

Who is currently praising a rap song that was released 8 months ago?

OK, let me change that to late 2020/early 2021 logic, or logic of the last 12 months, logic of the modern world, or whatever you want.
I found articles there from October which is only 5 months ago.

Gabriel_Hurl

Still missing the who part of that answer.

tonto1888

Quote from: Gmac on March 05, 2021, 04:38:28 PM
Quote from: tonto1888 on March 05, 2021, 04:22:42 PM
That would be a yes then

not as many as you probably, where do you live ?

Lurgan. I'm sure you think you have a point here

Gabriel_Hurl

Adults saying that a song about sex is the best song to have sex to shocker

Keep up the good stuff

Gmac

Mumford and son
Pepe le pew
Speedy Gonzales
All on the hit list

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 07, 2021, 06:34:12 PM
Mumford and son
Pepe le pew
Speedy Gonzales
All on the hit list

Right, because right wingers don't lose their minds when some liberal singer endorses some political cause.

They went on a feeding frenzy last month when Bruce Springsteen was outed on a bullshit drink driving charge just because he had the audacity to make a non-offensive Super Bowl ad for Jeep advocating for a retreat from the poisonous public discourse driven by Trump.

Gabriel_Hurl

yer man is the biggest snowflake on here