Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 09:08:57 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 03, 2021, 07:57:50 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 07:44:57 PM
Very strange thread to put the above in

Would strongly imply that the poster above believes it's unfair that somebody who perpetrates the oral rape of a minor should suffer any consequences for doing so

We probably could have guessed that though

I'm not surprised you are trying to suppress discussion on this.

You don't like when you and your woke brigade are exposed as vile opportunists.
Just a heads up to mods (I've reported it also) that Angelo is quite clearly accusing me of being involved in the oral rape of a minor

And that should be an automatic banning offence, no questions asked

Whoever is behind the Angelo account is clearly a horrible individual, and I 100% mean that

I think you are clutching at straws there. He hasn't accused you of that at all.

Ed Ricketts

The stuff on the last couple of pages of this thread is poisonous shite that no one wants to read.

Petty, repugnant flame wars waged by self obsessed, attention craving c***ts not only bore the shite out of the rest of us, but destroy the opportunity for others to develop a real discussion.

And this crap isn't just contained here, it's flung all over the board to the extent that practically every popular thread reeks of it.

If our new mod is going to let things like this fly then the board is as good as done. Moderating an internet forum is about cultivating an environment that encourages contributors to produce the content for which we're all here. The environment about this place at the minute is toxic and inhospitable.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

pbat

Quote from: Ed Ricketts on March 03, 2021, 11:25:03 PM
The stuff on the last couple of pages of this thread is poisonous shite that no one wants to read.

Petty, repugnant flame wars waged by self obsessed, attention craving c***ts not only bore the shite out of the rest of us, but destroy the opportunity for others to develop a real discussion.

And this crap isn't just contained here, it's flung all over the board to the extent that practically every popular thread reeks of it.

If our new mod is going to let things like this fly then the board is as good as done. Moderating an internet forum is about cultivating an environment that encourages contributors to produce the content for which we're all here. The environment about this place at the minute is toxic and inhospitable.

Well said.

sid waddell

There's one poster to blame for it and one poster only

Nothing remotely wrong with what I've written over the last couple of pages

The other guy, not so much

Never beat the deeler

+ as many as you like. The 2 have over 2600 posts this year alone!
Hasta la victoria siempre

fearsiuil

100% agree.

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 12:14:45 AM

There's one poster to blame for it and one poster only

Nothing remotely wrong with what I've written over the last couple of pages

The other guy, not so much

If you are so triggered to unleash that kind of nasty and relentless plethora of abusive posts by one poster calling out the callous and cynical way McDermott modelled himself as a champion of women's right when he was an opportunistic creep then I don't know.

This thread is about the cancel culture and it looks like a guy who is a huge player of that culture got exposed as a predator himself.

The reaction from you when the cynicism and callousness of the people who position themselves as morally superior and think it's their duty to destroy people's lives over what are sometimes trivial enough comments or actions is telling. There is nothing trivial about the allegations against McDermott, they are very serious.

And you seem to want to conflate the whole thing with personal attacks on my character.

How very Trumpian of you.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

imtommygunn

Quote from: fearsiuil on March 04, 2021, 06:50:16 AM

100% agree.

Likewise

Angelo

You're probably trying to drag me into this but I only contribute on a few threads and from what I remember you like to dish out a few insults when you have your own views challenged.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

seafoid

There was an article about this in the Daily Telegraph. There is a growing market for non gender toys.

https://youtu.be/bTRTsSubezE
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Franko

+1

Pathetic stuff from both.

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2021, 08:19:43 AM

+1

Wrong

He actually accused me of rape on the thread

Franko

Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 08:34:05 AM

+1

Wrong

He didn't.  You conjured that yourself to allow yourself an excuse to get angry and continue yet another petty feud.

This has already been pointed out by other posters.

Anyway, you two fire away there, I've no interest in getting dragged into your schoolyard nonsense.

sid waddell

Quote from: Franko on March 04, 2021, 09:08:43 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on March 04, 2021, 08:34:05 AM

+1

Wrong

He didn't.  You conjured that yourself to allow yourself an excuse to get angry and continue yet another petty feud.

This has already been pointed out by other posters.

Anyway, you two fire away there, I've no interest in getting dragged into your schoolyard nonsense.
Oh he absolutely did

He clearly referenced "me" "being shown up as a vile hypocrite" in relation to an allegation of rape being made against a radio presenter

That is absolutely an allegation that I was somehow personally involved in the rape of a 16 year old

That should be an automatic permanent banning

Posters like you complain about what's happening on this forum - yet you share some of the blame for what that sc**bag has done to the forum because you enable him and refuse to call him out for his sc**bag behaviour

That's enabling

My posts have been spot on here

quit yo jibbajabba

Tireseome. Absolutely f**king tiresome. On and on and on.

Ruining the board. Both of yis