Who’s Been Cancelled??

Started by screenexile, June 20, 2020, 11:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Very strange thread to put the above in

Would strongly imply that the poster above believes it's unfair that somebody who perpetrates the oral rape of a minor should suffer any consequences for doing so

We probably could have guessed that though

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 07:44:57 PM

Would strongly imply that the poster above believes it's unfair that somebody who perpetrates the oral rape of a minor should suffer any consequences for doing so

I'm not surprised you are trying to suppress discussion on this.

You don't like when you and your woke brigade are exposed as vile opportunists.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 03, 2021, 07:57:50 PM

But I'm not doing that at all!

Anyone who orally rapes a minor should suffer severe consequences

That's what you apparently don't want to happen, which is why you consider it "cancel culture" against the alleged perpetrator, a term that implies unfairness

You were the guy who tried to suppress discussion of historic child sex abuse at Celtic FC and the club's pathetic reaction to the independent report into such, remember?

That showed you're soft on child sex abuse when it's, at, say, a football club you support

Which means you only care about child sex abuse when somebody you don't like does it

When it happens at somewhere which makes you feel personally embarrassed, you actively try to suppress discussion

If this guy is guilty of what is alleged, he's in deep shit with the law, will do time, and rightly so

But you don't care about the victim at all - all that's on your mind is how to advance the far right politics of misogynism

Which is tragically ironic given the topic

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 08:26:27 PM

But I'm not doing that at all!

Anyone who orally rapes a minor should suffer severe consequences

That's what you apparently don't want to happen, which is why you consider it "cancel culture", a term that implies unfairness

You were the guy who tried to suppress discussion of historic child sex abuse at Celtic FC and the club's pathetic reaction to to the independent report into such, remember?

That showed you're soft on child sex abuse when it's, at, say, a football club you support

Which means you only care about paedophilia when somebody you don't like does it

When its at somewhere inconvenient for you, you actively try to suppress discussion

If this guy is guilty of what is alleged, he's in deep shit with the law, will do time, and rightly so

But you don't care about the victim at all - all that's on your mind is how to advance the far right politics of misogynism

Which is tragically ironic given the topic

I think it's important to show that there a lot of opportunistic men out there who like to portray themselves as really woke and feminist when they reality is they are vicious predators.

You don't seem to like me highlighting that.

Why not Sid?

sid waddell

What a bizarre post, the cries for attention get ever louder

J70

Let's agree for the sake of argument that there ARE a fair few out there "who like to portray themselves as really woke and feminist when the reality is they are vicious predators."

What does that prove beyond the fact that the world is full of hypocrites and arseholes?

It certainly doesn't mean that the causes of feminism and racial and social justice are illegitimate or that all or even many of those who advocate for them are opportunistic frauds.

Angelo

Quote from: J70 on March 03, 2021, 08:40:54 PM
Let's agree for the sake of argument that there ARE a fair few out there "who like to portray themselves as really woke and feminist when the reality is they are vicious predators."

What does that prove beyond the fact that the world is full of hypocrites and arseholes?

It certainly doesn't mean that the causes of feminism and racial and social justice are illegitimate or that all or even many of those who advocate for them are opportunistic frauds.

I think the problem is the cancel culture. McDermott was at the forefront of that, trying to ruin people over innuendo and allegations when it turns out all along he was a vile predator.

We live in a very intolerant world now where for some people a difference of opinion on matters see people trying to ruin others lives over it.

sid waddell

Let's agree for the sake of argument that there ARE " there who like to portray themselves as really woke and feminist when in reality is they are vicious predators."

And this is what he is actually trying to claim!

The same guy that actively tried suppress discussion of Celtic's disgraceful response to the independent report on child sex abuse in Scottish football!

If you raised this extremely serious issue, you were, apparently, a "troll"!

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 09:27:08 PM

Trying to score points however about child abuse over a football club is not the contribution of a balanced individual.

It's Daily Mail type tactics from a Daily Mail type poster.

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 10:15:33 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:11:54 PM

Well actually I'm going by the Channel 4 News report - Channel 4 News is the best television news programme in the UK a considerable distance

They were pretty categorical that of any Scottish club, the report was by far the most damning for Celtic

But I suppose you'll now dismiss Channel 4 News

I'm just referencing you using the victims of child abuse as a vehicle to carry out your personal grievances.

I don't think it's what a balanced individual would do.

Quote from: dublin7 on February 14, 2021, 10:22:02 PM

Some shocking stuff has gone on in Scottish football and in particular at Celtic. When you see that former senior manager and board member suspected issues but said nothing, I would have thought that was worth mentioning by someone on here or is that less relevant to the 10 in a row hopes and what Niel Lennon did today?
Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 10:32:18 PM

dublin7 is a noted troll.

Quote from: Angelo on February 15, 2021, 05:09:56 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on February 15, 2021, 04:55:13 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2021, 04:22:43 PM
It seems the general opinion of child sex abuse with some posters is: it depends where it happened

If it happened at an institution that is close to some poster's heart, such as, say, a football club they support, the default reaction is to try and ascribe a bad faith motive to any other poster who references it

The shoot the messenger tactic

Any poster who does that has a serious problem of bad faith, and by extension a serious problem as regards their attitude to child sex abuse

At least four posters here are now guilty of that

Amazing how we are the bad guys in all this, not Celtic FC, the SFA or anybody else. Just us.

It's not amazing, when people callously and cynically try and use child abuse victims as a vehicle for them to troll, score points and settle personal agendas of the internet then clearly they are very sad people.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 03, 2021, 08:45:36 PM

I think the problem is the cancel culture. McDermott was at the forefront of that, trying to ruin people over innuendo and allegations when it turns out all along he was a vile predator.

We live in a very intolerant world now where for some people a difference of opinion on matters see people trying to ruin others lives over it.
Sure this is total hypocrisy!

You say the problem is "trying to ruin people over innuendo and allegations", when you're trying to do exactly that!

Because as of yet the story you posted is exactly that - innuendo and allegations

If the story is true, he'll go to prison

But it's comical to see somebody claim to rail against "trying to ruin people over innuendo and allegations" in the same post that where you do exactly that!

One of your favourite phrases is "lack of self awareness"  ;D ;D ;D

To be fair I think your problem goes waaaaay beyond that

sid waddell

Just a heads up to mods (I've reported it also) that Angelo is quite clearly accusing me of being involved in the oral rape of a minor

And that should be an automatic banning offence, no questions asked

Whoever is behind the Angelo account is clearly a horrible individual, and I 100% mean that

Angelo

Eoghan McDermott being exposed as a predator has fairly rattled Sid's cage.

Full on deflection and spin mode. How Trumpian.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on March 03, 2021, 09:17:13 PM

How so?

I'm barely aware of Eoghan McDermott's existence, I know very little about him

And I'm really not sure what he's supposed to be to do with me, as you allege

If he's done what is alleged, he should face severe punishment under the law for it

What I do know for sure is that on this thread you accused me of being involved in the oral rape of a minor

Which means that you are an utter sc**bag and mods should step in quicksmart

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 09:24:49 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 03, 2021, 09:17:13 PM

How so?

I'm barely aware of Eoghan McDermott's existence, I know very little about him

And I'm really not sure what he's supposed to be to do with me, as you allege

If he's done what is alleged, he should face severe punishment under the law for it

What I do know for sure is that on this thread you accused me of being involved in the oral rape of a minor

Which means that you are an utter sc**bag and mods should step in quicksmart

Sid Vicious.

sid waddell

You genuinely must be one the thickest individuals to ever lay fingers on a keyboard

Pretty Vacant would be a very apt description of you

And with extremist headcases like you around, NI will no doubt be singing God Save The Queen for a long time yet

Lar Naparka

Quote from: sid waddell on March 03, 2021, 09:39:27 PM
You genuinely must be one the thickest individuals to ever lay fingers on a keyboard

Pretty Vacant would be a very apt description of you

And with extremist headcases like you around, NI will no doubt be singing God Save The Queen for a long time yet
Sid, you're inflying form! ;D
You are not Evil Genius by any chance, are you?
EG hasn't been active for some time and more's the pity.  He could pack more insults into a full stop than the rest of humanity could put into a page.
He was/is a top class debater also- same as you of course.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi