Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

markl121

I agree that enda lynn barely got a kick v Armagh. And have no illusions that when we meet Donegal (or Cavan) we won't have a hope in the Ulster championship, paddy mcbrearty would have some laugh. We do silly things  going forward, like three times against Armagh a man tried to fist a simple pass over the head of the back, only for him to just put the hands up and catch it. Like I know Armagh missed some chances, we did too, and a win wasn't totally off the cards. I was expecting a 10-15 point loss heading to the game.

lenny

Quote from: markl121 on March 13, 2018, 07:07:38 PM
I agree that enda lynn barely got a kick v Armagh. And have no illusions that when we meet Donegal (or Cavan) we won't have a hope in the Ulster championship, paddy mcbrearty would have some laugh. We do silly things  going forward, like three times against Armagh a man tried to fist a simple pass over the head of the back, only for him to just put the hands up and catch it. Like I know Armagh missed some chances, we did too, and a win wasn't totally off the cards. I was expecting a 10-15 point loss heading to the game.

I was expecting a big defeat also and that's why I was delighted when we were still well inthe game right into the closing stages. Of course there are still lots of mistakes being made but with the slaughtneil lads back on board we should now have that bit of necessary experience.

Waataboutyee

Quote from: markl121 on March 13, 2018, 07:07:38 PM
I don't think he will  :(

markl121

Yous all for that match on Sunday then? Form an ultras section. Bring flares.

restorepride

Quote from: markl121 on March 14, 2018, 10:49:55 PM
Yous all for that match on Sunday then? Form an ultras section. Bring flares.
Looks like your match is in the Brandywell. 

markl121

Awk sure whatever gets a crowd in

restorepride

Buzzkill

Anyone have a list of the club league fixtures for the upcoming season?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: braveheart on March 13, 2018, 10:30:34 AM
Quote from: toby47 on March 12, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.
Candidates to have their name in by the 16th March. If you're interested you still have time to put your name in. I'm led to believe only 1 name in so far although a few people approached

Any white smoke emerging from Slaughtneil yet? Any decent manager would likely be in a job for this year so they may have to headhunt some club to get their man.
Living the dream!!!

restorepride

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on March 16, 2018, 12:02:31 PM
Quote from: braveheart on March 13, 2018, 10:30:34 AM
Quote from: toby47 on March 12, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
Slaughtneil have appointed Audi Kelly as manager. Left the Moy, I would imagine the Moy won't be happy, their league due to start in 19 days.
Candidates to have their name in by the 16th March. If you're interested you still have time to put your name in. I'm led to believe only 1 name in so far although a few people approached

Any white smoke emerging from Slaughtneil yet? Any decent manager would likely be in a job for this year so they may have to headhunt some club to get their man.
Slaughtneil have an All Ireland Final this weekend so they are probably focused on that.

markl121

Some fantastic stuff played early in that first half

BackInTheGame

Some very, very good football played today but its still very streaky - 5 mins of good stuff followed by 5 mins of falling asleep.

The most encouraging thing, for me - we were reverting to the old sideways and backwards hand passing at start of second half and McErlain lost his temper and guldered "Forward! Forward!"... That's exactly right.

The Slaughtneil boys are making a difference. Karl was solid, Padraig Cassidy is a class act and Shane McGuigan showed some effortless touches when be came on.

If we can sort out the consistency we'll maybe be half decent.

restorepride

Overall, the league has shown that we are not near good enough for Division 2 but are too good for Division 4.  Victory today was expected and needed.  The response to the Wexford penalty goal was excellent, 4 quick points to cancel out the goal. However we leaked 3 goals in the second half and pointless Wexford put up their biggest score in the league so far today. 

markl121

Conor mcatamney had some game.

Wildweasel74

As good as we played today ae got to remember wexford are very poor! I start giving out praise when we can do it against div 2 level teams