List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:20:22 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:16:43 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:14:43 PM
Quote from: ck on August 09, 2015, 12:46:31 PM
I have absolutely no grudge or issue with Tyrone or their people but their history of cynicism, dirty play and downright poor behaviour is there for all to see. Even the Tyrone manager won't speak to RTE for some unknown reason. I genuinely believe there is a general culture in tyrone that doesn't exist in any other county.

As for that pathetic dive last night by the Tyrone No.10. I'd guess half the country simply rolled their eyes and just thought, that's Tyrone for you.

Unknown reason? Maybe if you had a below the belt shot at you from a state broadcaster using the death of your kin as a vehicle you might understand why Harte's stance has been obstinate.

Why limit the blame to the 'state broadcaster'?

Why not all Irish people?

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Or maybe just blame the crap comedian.

Maybe you're a bit slow, but it happened to be broadcast by the state broadcaster.

Decent article from Sweeney on it here.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-stance-has-decency-on-its-side-29243123.html

Ah I see.

Then why not blame the State?
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:29:03 PM
I have absolutely no grudge or issue with Tyrone or their people but their history of cynicism, dirty play and downright poor behaviour is there for all to see. Even the Tyrone manager won't speak to RTE for some unknown reason. I genuinely believe there is a general culture in tyrone that doesn't exist in any other county.

As for that pathetic dive last night by the Tyrone No.10. I'd guess half the country simply rolled their eyes and just thought, that's Tyrone for you.

Unknown reason? Maybe if you had a below the belt shot at you from a state broadcaster using the death of your kin as a vehicle you might understand why Harte's stance has been obstinate.

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Maybe you're a bit slow, but it happened to be broadcast by the state broadcaster.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/tyrone-stance-has-decency-on-its-side-29243123.html

Ah I see.

Because it was in issue with the broadcaster who delivered avery low blow against Harte over a dispute, it was personal and nasty and Harte has every right to hold his stance. Great credit to the way the players have backed him and I was delighted for the man yesterday after all he has been through.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:35:07 PM

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Ah I see.

Because it was in issue with the broadcaster who delivered avery low blow against Harte over a dispute, it was personal and nasty and Harte has every right to hold his stance. Great credit to the way the players have backed him and I was delighted for the man yesterday after all he has been through.

Do you think the broadcaster has a single mind, or even minds, that decide everything that is to be broadcast? Do you honestly think that such a mind set out to 'deliver a very low blow' because of Brian Carthy? Why didn't they do it to anyone else who supported Carthy?

This is not to defend the crassness of the segment on the John Murray show.
MWWSI 2017

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:40:10 PM

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Ah I see.

Do you think the broadcaster has a single mind, or even minds, that decide everything that is to be broadcast? Do you honestly think that such a mind set out to 'deliver a very low blow' because of Brian Carthy? Why didn't they do it to anyone else who supported Carthy?

Harte was the man behind the campaign and probably the most high profile name there, it was crass and it was definitely done with a personal angle and that's the way it was taken. RTE's remorse didn't come across as genuine and I think Harte is fully justified.

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 08:46:28 PM
Harte was the man behind the campaign and probably the most high profile name there, it was crass and it was definitely done with a personal angle and that's the way it was taken. RTE's remorse didn't come across as genuine and I think Harte is fully justified.

It is amazing how often one's reaction to being wronged, can twist everything around in an instant.

Very few people would disagree that Harte was wronged by the skit. It was beyond crass. However his reaction has made him appear to be the story.

This is not unusual. Alan Shatter, Donald Trump, Tiarnan McCann are all recent example of people who felt that they were somehow wronged, but their reactions instantly turned everything on it head.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Muppet, you are on a complete loser here. Harte was treated poorly by RTÉ and has every right not to make himself available for interview. Comparing him to Trump does you no credit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 09:00:39 PM

It is amazing how often one's reaction to being wronged, can twist everything around in an instant.

Very few people would disagree that Harte was wronged by the skit. It was beyond crass. However his reaction has made him appear to be the story.

This is not unusual. Alan Shatter, Donald Trump, Tiarnan McCann are all recent example of people who felt that they were somehow wronged, but their reactions instantly turned everything on it head.

His "reaction" has been to withdraw from any perceived obligations with RTE, he has done it quite privately and it's others who make an issue of it.

StGallsGAA

laoislad

Quote from: Catch and Kick on August 09, 2015, 01:43:12 PM
Quote from: Darby on August 09, 2015, 12:16:31 AM

Great photo of supporters scouring Meath / Kilkenny for footballers....
I'd say Kilkenny people are pretty ok with not having footballers...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on August 09, 2015, 09:11:58 PM
Muppet, you are on a complete loser here. Harte was treated poorly by RTÉ and has every right not to make himself available for interview. Comparing him to Trump does you no credit.

On a complete loser? Really? Who decides? Ulster posters?

RTE goes on perfectly well without Harte and will continue to do so.

Harte meanwhile sticks out like a sore thumb in contrast to other managers.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 09, 2015, 09:15:13 PM

His "reaction" has been to withdraw from any perceived obligations with RTE, he has done it quite privately and it's others who make an issue of it.

Like yourself?
MWWSI 2017

StGallsGAA

By winning while over-achieving???

muppet

Quote from: StGallsGAA on August 09, 2015, 09:27:23 PM

By winning while over-achieving???

Yea, that is it all right.

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: muppet on August 09, 2015, 08:40:10 PM

Or all EU citizens?

Or the whole world?

Ah I see.

Ever hear of Brian Cody?

MWWSI 2017

dferg

Very few people would disagree that Harte was wronged by the skit. It was beyond crass.
You should have stopped typing after above. The rest of the post made no sense.  Donald Trump? His reaction turns everything on its head? What does that even mean.

He didn't react, He decided to say nothing.