Dublin v Tyrone quarter final 6.8.11 SFC 2011

Started by orangeman, July 24, 2011, 06:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sizzler

Quote from: ziggysego on August 01, 2011, 12:44:45 PM
It was bad form to adverise the tickets, but Radda you do seem to be making a meal of it.

Enough said about it......time to start focussing on the dubs!

ziggysego

Seen Pillar at the game on Saturday. Reckons Tyrone's for the taking. I'm not so sure.
Testing Accessibility

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: sizzler on August 01, 2011, 12:24:26 PM
Quote from: Moortown Spuds on August 01, 2011, 12:11:30 PM
Iv lots of Connections to the Fr.Rocks. Do you hate all things related to Cookstown-you constantly jibe at them. Jealousy?

In fairness Radda you are often posting negatively about the Fr Rocks!!! Infact you posted this newspaper advert on two threads!!

That said as a rocks man i chuckled when i read it. Probably could have waited until today but it is hardly a topic that needs to be discussed with every gael over the weekend!!!

I really didn't want it to go on this long but it was brought back up to me! Don't hate everything Cookstown - I count it friendly rivalry! I promise to be nicer to the fr rocks in future!!!  ;)

As for the dublin game I honestly fancy Tyrone to win by a bit and might wager on it when the handicap betting comes up on pp!

sam03/05

The notice did say 'In the event of beating Ross' and there was also a notice about the Ross game as well, so hardly a big deal. I am not a member of Fr Rocks but know they do all their business on a Monday night, so I suppose it was only way to get the notice guarnteed to be in the paper on time.

Radda bout yeee

Valid points but I think that is why there is optimism among Tyrone fans now because there is new players in freshening the team up.  These new players are not going to become All Stars over night, but through the number of games they are getting in the Championship now then in a couple of years the like of Peter Harte and Kyle Coney will be really big players for Tyrone.  Add into the equation that Tyrone still have Dooher, SON, Mulligan and Harte on the bench then that gives you an idea of the strength there is in depth.  Two young Tyrone players who hopefully will be fit to start on Saturday are Justin McMahon and Aidan Cassidy.  Cassidy was a revelation against Longford in the middle and Justin is arguably Tyrone's best footballer.
[/quote]

My sources told me Justy was fully fit for Sat but wasn't selected. Surely he can't keep him in reserve for the Dub game. Class Act!

Mr. Nakata

I agree with you radda about Justin McMahon. It is clear that the Tyrone defense look more solid when he's on the pitch. Gormley, Jordan and Joe are undroppable. Swift didn't have his best game on Saturday but has been very good in the previous 2. Red Sean has played well in his last 2 games although his strength lies in his attacking play. Then there's ricey who's struggling a bit but is captain in the hoover's absence. Unless Swift is injured or the beard drops ricey, Justy might have to make do with the bench again. But I would have him in there and I would have him on Bernard Brogan. Alan Brogan and Connolly will need some looking after as well.

nrico2006

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on August 01, 2011, 01:29:39 PM
Valid points but I think that is why there is optimism among Tyrone fans now because there is new players in freshening the team up.  These new players are not going to become All Stars over night, but through the number of games they are getting in the Championship now then in a couple of years the like of Peter Harte and Kyle Coney will be really big players for Tyrone.  Add into the equation that Tyrone still have Dooher, SON, Mulligan and Harte on the bench then that gives you an idea of the strength there is in depth.  Two young Tyrone players who hopefully will be fit to start on Saturday are Justin McMahon and Aidan Cassidy.  Cassidy was a revelation against Longford in the middle and Justin is arguably Tyrone's best footballer.

My sources told me Justy was fully fit for Sat but wasn't selected. Surely he can't keep him in reserve for the Dub game. Class Act!
[/quote]

I suppose the fact he has been out for so long has worked against him and add to that the fact that the defense was good against Armagh then there was no real chance of him starting last week.  I would have been worried about Tyrone coming into the Dublin game on the back of hammering Roscommon, but the fact that they conceded so much is a blessing as I am sure that is one area Tyrone will look to work on this week and Ricey could well feel his place is in jeopardy, with McMahon back fully fit.  Tyrone's defence is usually very tight and given the lapse at the weekend I am sure normal service will be resumed next weekend hopefully with Justin at Centre-back at Gormley moving into corner back.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Stall the Bailer

It has already been said a lot, one of reasons Tyrone lost last year was due to the amount of wides they kicked. This was mainly due to Dublin packing their defence, especially in and around the D (an area which Tyrone like to keep free). Donegal haven shown again this year, that this is a tactic that works against Tyrone. It will be interesting to see if Tyrone has a solution to this problem.
I thought Michael Darragh McAuley caused Tyrone a lot problems in and around the middle last year. With Sean often given an attacking role and hub not as mobile as he once was, could Colm Cavanagh be swapping positions with his brother for this game?
Last year B. Brogan and O'Gara were allowed a lot of space in the full forward line. So will Tyrone drop the half forwards back or play a sweeper in front of the full back line to counteract this? I presume Gormley and Joe will take the two inside men. Leaving Ricey or Justin to be the sweeper.
My only worry is that Tyrone haven't yet come up solution to the congested D area. But I have faith in Mickey to sort this out.

ross4life

Unlike us Dublin won't suffer tiredness in the last 10mins & seeing that we scored 1-14 plus kicked 15 wides Dublin will be looking to expose the weakness in the Tyrone back line.

From watching the game last Saturday i noticed Tyrone prefer to kick it to the wings instead of down the middle is this a tactic they usually use?

No doubt in my mind Tyrone have the best strength in depth in Ireland & that experience they can bring off the bench will be enough to see them over the line & set up a rematch with Donegal.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

EC Unique

Quote from: ross4life on August 01, 2011, 04:48:36 PM
Unlike us Dublin won't suffer tiredness in the last 10mins & seeing that we scored 1-14 plus kicked 15 wides Dublin will be looking to expose the weakness in the Tyrone back line.

From watching the game last Saturday i noticed Tyrone prefer to kick it to the wings instead of down the middle is this a tactic they usually use?

No doubt in my mind Tyrone have the best strength in depth in Ireland & that experience they can bring off the bench will be enough to see them over the line & set up a rematch with Donegal.

I think Tyrone will play a different type of defence against Dublin ie a sweeper in front of Broggan, he is just too dangerous to leave one man to go one on one with. If Tyrone play with a sweeper then the rest of the team will have to work their bollocks off in a running game. I hope you are right about the rematch because I would be very confident against Donegal.

20leg-end08

I'd like to see Justy start in place of Ricey and Cassidy in place of Hub. I think ricey has looked a bit out of sorts this season and I'd agree that Justy is the best all round footballer we have. Cassidy if fit could be useful as I think his mobility could make a difference around the middle. Accurate point-taking from distance will be key if we're to get to All - Ireland day. It's been our undoing against Dublin last year and Donegal this year. Coney could be key. Hopefully this is the game where he announces himself as a star for the now rather than a star for the future.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

GTB

red hander

Quote from: ziggysego on August 01, 2011, 01:18:37 PM
Seen Pillar at the game on Saturday. Reckons Tyrone's for the taking. I'm not so sure.

Well, Pillar's such an expert on how to take Tyrone I'd be really worried  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Particularly happy with the peformances of both the old and the new in the Roscommon game: Dooher was back to his old metronomic self in the second half, and Donnelly found his feet in Croke in the last quarter (literally); bodes well for this game I'd say, along with the general levels of performance by the rest of the squad in the second half.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 01, 2011, 07:47:37 PM
Particularly happy with the peformances of both the old and the new in the Roscommon game: Dooher was back to his old metronomic self in the second half, and Donnelly found his feet in Croke in the last quarter (literally); bodes well for this game I'd say, along with the general levels of performance by the rest of the squad in the second half.

still conceded 1-15 though. I think if Tyrone start the same defence again we'll win.

Which is why I'm sure Harte wont.