GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Have went for the Dubs (minor hurling) Antrim -4 against Carlow, Cork -6, Carlow in the football +9, Laois -1 and Monaghan -1.

5 quid gets me over £70 so happy punting lads
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armaghgael

Antrim 5/6
Down 1/10
Longford 5/6
Laois 2/5
Monaghan 4/9
Sligo 8/11

£10 stake
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

paco

Have £5 on: London +3, Tyrone, Dublin, Kildare and Sligo. Reasonably optimistic!

ardtole

Have 20 on Fermanagh, Antrim footballers, antrim hurlers, longford, laois and monaghan. Pays around 250, could do with it.

Bogball XV

Monaghan draw no bet 1/3
Donegal Draw no bet 5/4
Sligo Draw no bet 4/5
Laois Draw no bet 1/3

wee acca

also done a few combinations of draws amongst

Antrim 15/2, Cavan 15/2 and Louth 15/2.  I like a similar bet tomorrow on the three football games.  Dublin are an awful price at 4/9 to beat Kildare?

In Derry football this weekend, Coleraine are worth a punt at 8/11 to beat an understrength Glenullin and Bellaghy are 2/5 to beat Loup, the 19 time winners (as we're reminded most days) should easily overcome An Lub.

Lone Shark

Wicklow at 6/4 and total points under 29.5 for Tipp vs Laois are my bets this week.

boojangles

SHEEDY

nil satis nisi optimum

donegal lad

Meath laois dublin donegal accumulator

orangeman

Sligo result have busted a lot of coupons at this stage.

magpie seanie

Quote from: orangeman on June 25, 2011, 06:42:29 PM
Sligo result have busted a lot of coupons at this stage.

Anyone backing Sligo was mad. One win in all competitions in the last 12 months! Had a good weekend myself. Wicklow/Meath double and single bets on London and Offaly.

cornerback

Plenty of club championship action this weekend... any value out there?

Paddy power Derry championship

Loup 2/5 Castledawson 9/4 - Loup win

Magherafelt 4/9 Newbridge 2/1 - Magherafelt win

Glenullin 8/13 Glen 6/4 - Not sure; Glen beat glenullin last year with the 2 Bradleys playing albeit not in striaght knock out!

Lavey 8/15 Banagher 7/4 - I'm leaning towards Banagher on this one.

Dungiven 1/4 Greenlough 10/3 - Dungiven win

Coleraine5/6 Bellaghy 11/10 - Too close to call, possible draw.

Ballinderry 1/5 Kilrea 4/1 - Ballinderry win

Slaughtneil 4/6 Ballinascreen 11/8 - Screen win (but i'm a screen man)

Bill Haven

best piece of GAA betting advice I can offer is to avoid Paddy Power wherever possible.

They exploit their market leading position by ripping GAA punters off with over-rounds of 12% on inter-county matches (their over-rounds on other sports are much lower just to rub it in)

Never gets mentioned anywhere probably because they have such a cosy relationship with the mainstream media.

Ladbrokes and betpack offer a better deals but the sooner every GAA punter starts using betfair regularly, the better off we'll all be.

Lone Shark

Betfair is never going to cut it for club stuff, there isn't a hope of getting bets on. In fairness it's some work pricing all senior championship games, the leading bookies must all have 100 games up at the moment - pricing those to 112% is no mean feat.

Yeah they do Premiership to 106%, but if any Premiership players is even constipated it makes national news and it's easily discovered. Club GAA teams can have a key man break a leg and the first time the bookie hears of it is when he's reading the match report online, while paying out fortunes to all the locals who had access to the info.

I used to do this job, and I'd happily lay Offaly matches to anyone to 108%. The problem is that I had to do all 32 counties - and punters don't have to punt all 32 counties, they can just pick and choose where they have insight. You look and see 112% and think the bookie is raking it in, I'll tell you now that if you offered any bookie 3% profit on these games over the year, he'd bite the hand off you.

Anyway, the Offaly SFC this week.

1/9 Rhode vs 5/1 Tubber - You could go 1/900 if you want. Rhode will cruise home here.
2/5 Gracefield vs 9/4 Shamrocks - Shamrocks are in bits this year, lost all their key men. That said they did put in a few good performances in the league lately and Gracefield aren't that good. No bet here.
1/4 Clara vs 10/3 Ballycumber - Scott Brady injured, Graham Guilfoyle in the States, Thomas Deehan overweight and John O'Hara not starting for some reason I can't fathom, Clara aren't themselves this year. Local derby and Ballycumber are useful, recently won the league. Punchers chance of an upset here.
1/3 Walsh Island vs 5/2 Rynaghs - A famous son of Walsh Island, when involved with Offaly, famously said that there was no point looking west of Clara for footballers. They'd have no time for West Offaly clubs over in d'Island and are the better team, but Rynaghs have a savage defence (albeit no forwards, only converted backs) and with Brian Connor still in the States, there is upset potential here. 9/1 the draw is too big.
5/6 Ferbane vs 11/10 Edenderry - Feck all between these. We (Ferbane) have got the better of games against Edenderry in recent years but they're after grinding out two excellent wins in a row and have momentum. Neither side is free scoring - Edenderry are scoring and conceding ten points per game INCLUDING goals, so the bet here has to be a draw at 7/1.
10/11 Erin Rovers vs 1/1 Tullamore - Tullamore are in real relegation trouble after losing three games and a lot of players - albeit they would be except that the county board would never let Tullamore go down. They've got two county under-21 players back from New Zealand and on paper have much the better team, but Rovers have character coming out their ears. They'll dog this out to the very last - but I still fancy Tullamore to nick it, with their backs against the wall.

macdanger2

In Mayo

Kiltane at home @ 1/2 to beat Ballinrobe looks like unreal value, as far as I'm concerned they're nailed on. Ballinrobe have lost their first two games and have very little to play for (they can't avoid the relegation playoff now) while a win will see Kiltane heading for the Q/Fs. And Bangor is a tough place to go at the best of times.

Garrymore to beat Westport should also be good @ 1/2 on but not as certain.

Ballina look like good value @ 4/7 to beat Claremorris although they're away so you'd never know.