Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

A pity they could not have found this form a few weeks back.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 09:45:40 PM

If they booted Lennon in November, they'd still be in a title race.

Angelo

Quote from: marty34 on February 10, 2021, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 10, 2021, 09:45:40 PM

If they booted Lennon in November, they'd still be in a title race.

Definitely.

Rangers aren't that good and they certainly don't handle pressure well. It would very interesting what would happen if they were to drop 5/6 points in their next 4 league games. In that scenario the gap could conceivably fall to 9/10 points with Celtic having 2 games against Rangers to come. No doubt the masons will ride to their rescue but it would be interesting to see how they handle it.

Targetman

I've no doubt we've better players, a lot have underperformed this season but just to repeat the obvious the mismanagement of the club on and off the field is gonna cost us dearly, and is there a chance that Lennon will be there next season?

Main Street

That was an ugly tackle on Welsh,  careless, lazy, no skill,  just plain ugly.

balladmaker

If only Celtic hadn't dropped so many points after returning from Dubai, they'd still be in a title race ... if only indeed.  Presently 18 behind with a game in hand, and another potential 6 points against Rangers, to put them 9 behind.  January has been a telling month for Celtic ... if only.

Angelo

Quote from: balladmaker on February 11, 2021, 01:04:10 AM
If only Celtic hadn't dropped so many points after returning from Dubai, they'd still be in a title race ... if only indeed.  Presently 18 behind with a game in hand, and another potential 6 points against Rangers, to put them 9 behind.  January has been a telling month for Celtic ... if only.

Definitely. Had the board done the right thing and got rid of Lennon the title race be well and truly on. Look at two implosions Gerrard's Rangers have made after Christmas before, when they feel the heat they don't handle it well.

I would put Celtic's chances at less than 1% but it would be brilliant it Rangers dropped some more points over the next 4 games just to get those doubts raising their head with them. Their form has certainly tailed off, a lot of 1-0 wins and dodgy refereeing calls since the turn of the year for them have papered over the cracks.

JimStynes

Lennon should have been gone by halloween. The implosion from Rangers didn't happen and their form in Europe and the league has been brilliant. It's depressing looking at the league table and the games feel like friendly matches now with nothing to play for. A complete shit show of a season.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 11, 2021, 04:24:05 PM
Lennon should have been gone by halloween. The implosion from Rangers didn't happen and their form in Europe and the league has been brilliant. It's depressing looking at the league table and the games feel like friendly matches now with nothing to play for. A complete shit show of a season.

The reason their league form hasn't collapsed is that they have been playing pressure free. Celtic have crumbled at every point and left it open for a procession through.

Had we been able to sustain pressure on them I would foresee many more dropped points.

JimStynes

Quote from: Angelo on February 11, 2021, 04:35:28 PM

The reason their league form hasn't collapsed is that they have been playing pressure free. Celtic have crumbled at every point and left it open for a procession through.

Had we been able to sustain pressure on them I would foresee many more dropped points.

Of course but when Celtic were dropping points Rangers kept on winning. Everyone thought they'd slip up eventually and it never happened. Celtic cracked under the pressure if anything. Due to bad management and some players downing tools.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on February 11, 2021, 04:38:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 11, 2021, 04:35:28 PM

Of course but when Celtic were dropping points Rangers kept on winning. Everyone thought they'd slip up eventually and it never happened. Celtic cracked under the pressure if anything. Due to bad management and some players downing tools.

Celtic didn't crack under pressure for me. It's just part of a poor setup. It's easy to win when the pressure is off. If Ranger drop points in a couple of their next matches then it does leave the door ajar for some pressure to be applied and to see how they handle the heat. 2 Celtic wins in the derby claws 6 points back so if they could get that lead down to maybe 9 or 10 points by the time the teams face of on the 21st of March then it does raise some doubts.

A miracle is needed but I've always felt there is a big collapse in Rangers, even after the defeat in January I still felt it was salvagable if we cut our ties with Lennon then.

Look at last season. After beating Celtic in the derby, they then proceeded to drop 13 points in the next 10 games, none of which were against Celtic.

They have 10 games left so a similar return more than opens the door for Celtic. Celtic need a minimum of 15 dropped points in Rangers next 30 but they can account for 6 of those themselves.

I know it's clutching at straws but it's probably what makes the whole thing more frustrating in that the board ruined it because they didn't want to be seen to be taking action due to fan pressure.

sid waddell

Surprised there's been no mention of the report into paedophilia in Scottish football being released yesterday

You'd think the forum's self-appointed Celtic superfan would have been all over this, especially given that Celtic came out of it by far the worst of any Scottish club

But no

Really does smack of the sort of institutional cover up we saw from the Catholic Church in this country

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 09:09:02 PM
Surprised there's been no mention of the report into paedophilia in Scottish football being released yesterday

You'd think the forum's self-appointed Celtic superfan would have been all over this, especially given that Celtic came out of it by far the worst of any Scottish club

But no

Really does smack of the sort of institutional cover up we saw from the Catholic Church in this country

Of course it was shameful.

Trying to score points however about child abuse over a football club is not the contribution of a balanced individual.

It's Daily Mail type tactics from a Daily Mail type poster.

sid waddell

Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 09:27:08 PM

But no

Trying to score points however about child abuse over a football club is not the contribution of a balanced individual.

Well actually I'm going by the Channel 4 News report - Channel 4 News is the best television news programme in the UK a considerable distance

They were pretty categorical that of any Scottish club, the report was by far the most damning for Celtic

But I suppose you'll now dismiss Channel 4 News

Angelo

Quote from: sid waddell on February 12, 2021, 10:11:54 PM
Quote from: Angelo on February 12, 2021, 09:27:08 PM

But no

Well actually I'm going by the Channel 4 News report - Channel 4 News is the best television news programme in the UK a considerable distance

They were pretty categorical that of any Scottish club, the report was by far the most damning for Celtic

But I suppose you'll now dismiss Channel 4 News

I'm just referencing you using the victims of child abuse as a vehicle to carry out your personal grievances.

I don't think it's what a balanced individual would do.