What an English Premiership in prospect next season.

Started by T Fearon, May 05, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Much as I'd like to agree with you Red Hander,I'm afraid you're wrong.The authorities have allowed Rangers to keep all their titles,they're still called Rangers and still play at Ibrox.

camanchero

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2013, 06:57:59 PM
C,amanchero,haven't you heard? Rangers are still in business and won the 3rd division in Scotland this season.Also I doubt after the trouble at Firhill last Monday night after a Cup Final between Rangers and Celtic's U17 teams,that Police Scotland would agree with you that Rangers related crime has decreased! ;D
The club are not ' rangers' but 'the rangers fc' - close enough to being the same but technically not the same!
Things might even get worse for them as their club undergoes further internal battles and appeals by taxman.

There was an article the other week in the daily mail I think it was where the stats for Glasgow showed that it was the most improved in Britain in terms of crime rates reducing in 2012.
Comments in the article attributed that to 'the rangers' demotion to lowest tier.

So this time I believe you are incorrect on both counts.
You can apologise by buying me that pint you owe me in the Gresham before the next Ireland game!
;)

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: camanchero on May 05, 2013, 10:54:44 PM
C,amanchero,haven't you heard? Rangers are still in business and won the 3rd division in Scotland this season.Also I doubt after the trouble at Firhill last Monday night after a Cup Final between Rangers and Celtic's U17 teams,that Police Scotland would agree with you that Rangers related crime has decreased! ;D
The club are not ' rangers' but 'the rangers fc' - close enough to being the same but technically not the same!
Things might even get worse for them as their club undergoes further internal battles and appeals by taxman.

There was an article the other week in the daily mail I think it was where the stats for Glasgow showed that it was the most improved in Britain in terms of crime rates reducing in 2012.
Comments in the article attributed that to 'the rangers' demotion to lowest tier.

You can apologise by buying me that pint you owe me in the Gresham before the next Ireland game!
;)

Small point of order, but surely they cannot be both a new club and demoted to the lowest tier as they were never above the lowest tier??
Hasta la victoria siempre

T Fearon

Rangers exist and have been allowed to retain their history.That is a fact.

sans pessimism

"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

camanchero

Quote from: Never beat the deeler on May 06, 2013, 05:36:53 AM
Quote from: camanchero on May 05, 2013, 10:54:44 PM

;)

Small point of order, but surely they cannot be both a new club and demoted to the lowest tier as they were never above the lowest tier??
It's a joke alright.
It's like the dodgy car dealer who folds owing thousands, but opens up under a new name and the debtors cane touch them under their new name!

The authorities had to penalise them but at the same time didnt want to implement the proper and full measures that should result out of such illegal activities - reasons for this I don't know but at a guess its because some of these authorities are rangers fans and also they didn't want to run the risk of fleg type riots from their unhappy Neanderthal fans if the club took the full and proper penalties of being completely closed down.

By having their company ( and trading name) struck off they simply registered a new name and are demoted and allowed keep players and assets etc.

They should not be allowed claim they are adding this years div. 3 title to their honours list, but again I expect the scots soccer authorities will indulge them again as they are the establishment team in Scotland!

camanchero

Quote from: T Fearon on May 06, 2013, 06:14:23 AM
Rangers exist and have been allowed to retain their history.That is a fact.
The rangers now exist as a new company but unbelievably been allowed to take the history of rangers fc
You will see 'the' being dropped if it hasn't been done already, but the company are 'the rangers fc' which very much are a new club/company ( and 'the' will have to be used in official financial documents etc I expect)

red hander

Quote from: T Fearon on May 05, 2013, 10:41:30 PM
Much as I'd like to agree with you Red Hander,I'm afraid you're wrong.The authorities have allowed Rangers to keep all their titles,they're still called Rangers and still play at Ibrox.

I believe they will still head the way of their previous incarnation when all is said and done and the banks and David Murray are properly investigated by the UK authorities (not the Scottish establishment, as has happened thus far).

Fender

What sport will you's all be watching next year, Rugby Union?? Last time I checked it was the English Premier league...  :P :P