The Pirate Bay

Started by Square Ball, April 30, 2012, 03:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

not that anyone here down load illegally, but for interest sake.

from the BBC

File-sharing site The Pirate Bay must be blocked by UK internet service providers, the High Court has ruled.

The Swedish website hosts links to download mostly-pirated free music and video.

Sky, Everything Everywhere, TalkTalk, O2 and Virgin Media must all prevent their users from accessing the site.

"Sites like The Pirate Bay destroy jobs in the UK and undermine investment in new British artists," the British Phonographic Industry (BPI) said.

The BPI's chief executive Geoff Taylor said: "The High Court has confirmed that The Pirate Bay infringes copyright on a massive scale.

"Its operators line their pockets by commercially exploiting music and other creative works without paying a penny to the people who created them.

"This is wrong - musicians, sound engineers and video editors deserve to be paid for their work just like everyone else."

'Compelling alternatives'

In November 2011, the BPI asked the group of ISPs to voluntarily block access to the site.

The request followed a court order to block Newzbin 2, a site also offering links to download pirated material.

The ISPs said they would not block the site unless a court order was made, as is now the case.

Virgin Media told the BBC they will now comply with the request, but warned such measures are, in the long term, only part of the solution.

"As a responsible ISP, Virgin Media complies with court orders addressed to the company but strongly believes that changing consumer behaviour to tackle copyright infringement also needs compelling legal alternatives, such as our agreement with Spotify, to give consumers access to great content at the right price."

The Pirate Bay was launched in 2003 by a group of friends from Sweden and rapidly became one of the most famous file-sharing sites on the web.

It allows users to search for and access copyrighted content including movies, games and TV shows.

In April 2009, the Swedish courts found the four founders of the site guilty of helping people circumvent copyright controls.

The ruling was upheld after an appeal in 2010, but the site continues to function.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

laoislad

Glad I'm not in the UK so...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Square Ball

if people were going to download things illegally whats site would they use as Pirate Bay is dead here?

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Square Ball on May 30, 2012, 09:09:04 PM
if people were going to download things illegally whats site would they use as Pirate Bay is dead here?

Just after downloading an album myself from the below site which is similar to Pirate Bay.  Assume you use software like Vuze or something to use as the downloading tool:

http://fenopy.eu/

Thank me later 

Tony Baloney

Asking for a friend. Tell your mate to try Demonoid.

Minder

Square ball I have sent you a PM
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

If you're using google chrome download the "stealthy" extension.

Pirate Bay Lives!!!!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hereiam

It great to be living in a free country........  :-\

Wildweasel74

bt junkie, there about 15 differnet torrent site, kinda hard to pick up none with trackers, not that i would know anything about it lol, pirate bay still kicking anyway at present

Armaghgeddon

Quite simple way to get around the block...

https://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/

TPB will never be closed down, everytime they block a website TPB and Hackers will create a new way round it.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 31, 2012, 06:16:08 PM
bt junkie, there about 15 differnet torrent site, kinda hard to pick up none with trackers, not that i would know anything about it lol, pirate bay still kicking anyway at present
BT junkie closed a couple of months ago, did it not?

Square Ball

Quote from: Christmas Lights on May 30, 2012, 09:17:28 PM

Just after downloading an album myself from the below site which is similar to Pirate Bay.  Assume you use software like Vuze or something to use as the downloading tool:

http://fenopy.eu/

Thank me later

thanks

my friend thanks you for all the replies, i will send them on to him. he uses Utorrent, simple and light. with the new Virgin speeds films down loaded in 7 mins

Wildweasel74

BT Junkie may have closed, used to use it but on PB at the minute, tend to vary about

Bensars

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 31, 2012, 06:20:01 PM
Quite simple way to get around the block...

https://tpb.pirateparty.org.uk/

TPB will never be closed down, everytime they block a website TPB and Hackers will create a new way round it.

Loads ofd ways around it.

Rapidshare  and the likes still far superior.  Or so i hear !